Chapter 11 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

"Showtime, a-holes!" Peter says, making Seraphina roll her eyes. "It'll be here any minute."

"Which will be its loss." Gamora announces, cocking her gun. Peter looks to her and Seraphina, both holding guns.

"I thought your things were swords?" He asks.

"We've been hired to stop an interdimensional beast from feeding on those batteries, and we're gonna stop it with a sword?" She scoffs.

"It's just swords were your things and guns were mine. But I guess we're all doing guns now. I just didn't know that." He replies. Seraphina chuckles and swaps her gun for her sword, knowing she's just as dangerous with it. She chuckles again, pretending not to see Peter smiling victoriously.

"Drax, why aren't you wearing one of Rocket's aero-rigs?" She asks, changing the subject.

"You're not wearing one." He tells her.

"I don't need one. Why aren't you wearing it?" She asks again.

"It hurts." He answers.

"It hurts?" Gamora asks.

"I have sensitive nipples." He explains. Rocket begins laughing.

"My nipples hurt! Oh, goodness me!" He mocks. Seraphina swats him with her wing, and he goes back to work.

"What about him? What's he doing?" Drax asks.

"I'm finishing this so we can listen to tunes while we work." He answers.

"How is that a priority?" He asks.

"Blame Quill! He's the one who loves music so much." Rocket replies.

"No, I actually agree with Drax on this. That's hardly important right now." Peter says.

"Oh, okay. Sure, Quill." He tells him, attempting to wink subtly.

"No, seriously, I side with Drax." He repeats.

"No, I understand that. You're being very serious right now." He says, continuing his attempts to wink.

"Rocket, we can see you." Seraphina sighs.

"What?" He asks.

"I can clearly see you winking." Drax tells him.

"Damn it. I'm using my left eye?" He says. Groot roars as he shoves over one of the Orloni nearby. Another screeches at him and he punches it.

"I am Groot." He announces.

"They were not looking at you funny." He replies. "Well, that's intense." He says as an Abilisk approaches.

The creature lands in front of them, and they fly towards it and attack. They each take turns checking on Groot as he dances around the fight. Seraphina sighs when she spots him on the back of an Orloni running towards the Abilisk. 

She dodges the creature's tentacles and scoops them up, dropping the Orloni before flying away and setting Groot down away from the fight. 

"Stay away from the Orloni." She scolds before rejoining the others. She stares as Drax jumps inside the creature, joining Gamora and Peter on the ground.

"What is he doing?" Peter asks.

"He said the skin is too thick to be pierced from the outside, so he-" She explains.

"That doesn't make any sense!" He interrupts.

"I tried telling him that!" She exclaims.

"Skin is the same level of thickness from the inside as from the outside!" He says.