Chapter 3 - Guardians of the Galaxy

"If we're gonna get out of here, we're gonna need to get into that watchtower. And to do that, I'm gonna need a few things." Rocket tells them as they grab their food. "The guards wear security bands to control their ins and outs. I need one."

"Leave it to me." Gamora says.

"That dude there, I need his prosthetic leg." He continues.

"His leg?" Peter asks.

"Yeah. God knows I don't need the rest of him. Look at him, he's useless." He replies.

"All right." He agrees.

"And finally, on the wall back there is a black panel. Blinky yellow light. Do you see it?" Rocket asks as they sit at a table.

"Yeah." He says.

"There's a quarynx battery behind it. Purplish box, green wires. To get into that watchtower, I definitely need it." He replies.

"If you can get these off, I can get it." Seraphina tells him, rattling the chains keeping her wings pinned.

"Look, it's twenty feet in the air, and it's in the middle of the most heavily guarded part of the prison. It's impossible to get up there without being seen." Peter says.

"I got one plan, and that plan requires a frickin' quarynx battery, so figure it out!" Rocket replies.

"I've got it." Seraphina assures. He nods at her before continuing.

"Now, this is important. Once the battery is removed, everything is gonna slam into emergency mode. Once we have it, we gotta move quickly, so you definitely need to get that last." As Rocket finishes speaking, the lights go out and an alarm starts blaring. "Or we could just get it first and improvise."

"I'll get the armband." Gamora tells him.

"Leg." Peter says.

The two rush away and Rocket jumps onto Seraphina's back to remove the chains. Once they're gone, she sighs and spreads her wings, glad to be free.

"Can you help with that? Do you need a gun or somethin'?" Rocket asks her, pointing to the drones surrounding Groot.

"I don't need a weapon to kill or destroy. My father made sure of that." She tells him.

The drones begin shooting at Groot and he smacks a few of them away. Rocket rushes towards him, dodging bullets and climbing up his friend to sit on his shoulder. 

Seraphina flies up to one of the drones and rips it in two before grabbing another one and smashing it against the ground. Guards emerge and ready themselves to fire at the three, but Drax attacks them before they can shoot. He laughs as he takes them all out.

"Creepy little beast!" He yells, tossing him one of the guns. Rocket catches it and cocks the gun, looking at the drones still flying around them. He and Groot yell as they spin in circles, firing the gun.

Seraphina jumps in front of Drax and forms a shield in front of them with her wings. Her feathers change from black to a dark grey as they harden, the bullets bouncing harmlessly off them.

"What the hell was that?" Rocket yells.

"My father replaced my original wings with a creation of his own. My feathers harden to make a shield that so far, has been impenetrable." She explains. Rocket stops shooting wildly, and she goes back to helping him destroy the drones.

"Rocket!" Gamora yells when he's out of ammo. She tosses him the armband and he catches it, pointing to the watchtower.

"Move to the watchtower!" He orders. Groot walks closer to it as he begins putting the pieces he has together. Gamora jumps across the gap to the watchtower as Groot extends his legs to get up there too.