Chapter 19 - Infinity War

"The entire time we knew Thanos, he only ever had one goal. To bring balance to the universe by wiping out half of all life. He used to kill people, planet by planet, massacre by massacre." Gamora explains.

"Including my own." Drax says. 

"He annihilated any he thought would come after him. It's why he slaughtered my people." Seraphina adds.

"If he gets all six Infinity Stones, he can do it with the snap of his fingers like this." Gamora tells them, snapping.

"You seem to know a great deal about Thanos." Thor says, staring down at the bowl in his hands. He sits with a blanket around his shoulders, an eyepatch now covering his missing eye. He had been glad to see his brother, but upset at the news that it was possible his brother would never wake up from the necessary coma Mantis had put him in.

"Gamora and Seraphina are the daughters of Thanos." Drax replies. Thor looks up at them.

"Your father killed my best friend. He's nearly done the same to my brother." He announces. He stands and approaches the sisters, setting his bowl on the table.

"Stepfather, technically. And they hate him as much as you do." Peter defends. Gamora and Seraphina stare at Thor as he stands in front of them.

"Families can be tough." He tells them, resting his hands on their shoulders. "Before my father died, he told me that I had a half-sister that he imprisoned in Hel. And then she returned home and stabbed me in the eye. So I had to kill her. That's life though, isn't it, I guess. Goes round and round and...I feel your pain." Peter glares at him as he rubs Seraphina's shoulder absentmindedly, moving to stand between them. She rolls her eyes but steps back, finding his jealousy somewhat amusing.

"I feel your pain as well, because I mean, it's not a competition, but I've been through a lot. My father killed my mother. And then I had to kill my father. That was hard. Probably even harder than having to kill a sister. Plus, I came out with both my eyes, which was-" He says. Thor had picked up his bowl and slurped loudly as he listened to Peter before staring at the spoon in his hand.

"I need a hammer, not a spoon." Thor interrupts. He walks away, towards the pod. "How do I open this thing? Is there some sort of, uh...four-digit code, maybe? Maybe a birthdate." He mutters as he presses buttons.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Rocket asks.

"Taking your pod." He answers. Peter clears his throat as he steps forward.

"No, you're not. You will not be taking our pod today, sir." He announces in a deep voice. Seraphina sighs and shakes her head as Gamora leans closer to her.

"Remember, you fell in love with that." She whispers.

"Remember, that's your best friend." She replies, glaring at her. Gamora sighs, knowing she's right.

"Uh...Quill, are you making your voice deeper?" Rocket asks.

"No." He answers, still in the deep voice.

"You are. You're imitating the god-man. It's weird." Drax tells him.

"No, I'm not." He protests.

"He just did it again!" Mantis gasps.

"This is my voice." He lies. Thor moves and stands in front of Peter. Seraphina sighs.

"Are you mocking me?" He asks.

"Are you mocking me?" Peter repeats. 

"This is just embarrassing." Gamora mutters. Her sister nods in agreement.

"Stop it. You did it again." Thor protests.

"He's trying to copy me." Peter scoffs, looking at the others.