Chapter 35 - Strawberries

Lightbulb did a small twirl in her room mirror, admiring how her soft pink dress flowed with her. It was more of a sundress with small strawberries embroidered here and there with a wide ribbon that tied around her waist and into a big bow behind her. It was something completely different than normal, but LED insisted she wore it. She was going to the strawberry farm for a date, anyway.

    She giggled, satisfied with how the fabric made her look. She rushed over to her bathroom and did her makeup. She did it a little lighter than usual since her normal makeup looks were very eccentric for the occasion.

    A buzz from her phone distracted her from her work.

    PAINTYAHHDSAU <3 - i'm here :)

    Lightbulb bounced on her heels as she ran out of the bathroom and downstairs. She contemplated for a second on what shoes to wear, but she settled for her beat-up white airforces. If it works it works.

    She ripped the front door open – shouting a goodbye to her mom – and waved to Paintbrush, who was standing by the open driver's side door. Their attire wasn't anything special, which she was a bit disappointed about. It was just a white tank top with silver rings and ripped jeans.

I wish they wore a suit or something, they would've been so hot- ooh! I should make them wear this dress later. Then I'll take a picture and frame it on my wall. They should be the bride at our wedding. Omga, I wanna see them in a dress so bad now-

    "Wow," Paintbrush murmured, "you look... amazing."

    She laughed and skipped down her stairs, "I know!" She smiled as she looked up at them, then she noticed they were blushing. A giggle escaped her as she pinched their cheek, "Aww, is someone blushing?"

    "Sh-shut up," they sputtered, smacking her hand away. She snickered and went over to her side of the car, jumping in the familiar seat, "You should've dressed up Paintbrush. It's our first date, it's supposed to be special!"

    "I know, I know. I just... I dunno, I don't have anything nice to wear. I don't go places," they sighed and started their car. She smirked, "Then I'll put you in this dress when we get home."

    Their face noticeably flushed more as they heard what she said. They cleared their throat, "Uh, no. I am not wearing a dress."

    "Yeah, you won't willingly, I'm gonna make you," she turned on the radio and grabbed their phone, scrolling through their joint playlist for a fitting song. She eventually chose Tongue Tied by GROUPLOVE.

    "I just want to see you in one just once! Pretty pretty please!" Lightbulb begged. They didn't respond, opting to focus on driving instead. She rolled her eyes, "I'll give you a kiss."

    "...just one...?" They murmured, sounding almost disappointed. She kicked her feet excitedly, "Fine, as many as you want. But you have to wear the dress while I do! You have to hold up the other side of the deal."

    They were quiet, but with a frustrated sigh, they agreed. "Fine."

    She giggled and clapped her hands together, "Yay!"

    Lightbulb scanned the parking lot of the farm, searching for Test Tube and Fan. Paintbrush walked beside her, their hand holding hers tightly. At last, she spotted the two of them who were both waving to get her attention. "Oh, hey guys!" She cheered, dragging Paintbrush behind her as she rushed to them.

    "Hey, Lightbulb! Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you in a dress before," Test Tube commented, looking her up and down, "I like it! You should wear them more."