3- hard ball-

~ 𝑻𝑬𝑨𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹'𝑺 𝑷𝑬𝑻 ~

𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 • 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 18𝒕𝒉 • 2023

~ 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞~

" girl Lata mi an yuh chat " I shouted to Chrissy as she closed the gate.

I walked into the house and immediately hungry lick me again. Walking towards the kitchen I grabbed the KFC from earlier and went to sit down on the chair.

Opening whatsapp, immediately a text came in from Anique who rarely even text me.

Anique- girl mi seh di teacher bend mi ova

Me - eeeh wah cudda cause this

Anique- boh mi an him fi Inna things mi juss walk out

Me - girl thats crazy and him older tho

Anique- mi not even ago look pon him

Me- alright girl

I didn't even bother to say anything else about the situation. She knows exactly what he wants and I know she will definitely give him.

Mr Blake was handsome in my eyes, but my legs are closed and focused on my school work.

" Hello lady " my mother says opening the grill, she looked tired and restless and to my surprise wasn't expecting her home this early.

" di boss missing suh dem sen mi home " she mumbled,  slumping over on the couch.

Removing her coat and heels , she glanced at the KFC box and says nothing but bare in mind a suh dem parents ya stay until dem bring it up.

" a who buy yuh dat?" Shs questioned bending down to pick up the box, once it was in her grasp she shook it realizing it was empty.

" mi teacha'" I mumbled replying to Anique who was still asking about the party .

" weh mi tell yuh seh-

Before she could say anything else I pitched in " him neva mean nothing,  plus a true di rain did a fall " .

She looks at me and shook her head " nuh tek nun else from him , yuh hear me ? Cause next ting him wah pumpum" .

My mother didn't held back on words when it came to her lectures,  but I didn't blame her.  As a single mother u tend to be more careful with certain things but try to lean your daughter into the right direction.

All dem man yah want a likkle punny.

Those were the exact words of my grandmother before she passed 3 months ago. Even though she isn't here anymore,  her words still lead me .

" a likkle treat a keep dung di road, if yah guh mek sure fi lock di door and keep yuh phone pon yuh " she stated walking into the kitchen.

I placed my phone on the counter and walked outside to throw away the empty box. From my view , I saw the same BMW sprinting  down the stretch towards an old house down the road.

Maybe mi eye dem a gi problem.

Anywaysss....

" girl yuh nah come out ?" Chrissy asked opening my gate, i looked at her with the most nonchalant face and began heading back inside while she followed.