17

" what wrong wid yuh?" Mummy says as i was totally zoned out honestly mi not even feel fi guh school todeh

" just somethings weh happen ..." I sighed as Tayvia came downstairs in her uniform sitting at the table.

" good morning babes... morning Mrs Reids" she smiled but my mother only hummed and went about her business.

" yuh ready fi di first day a Kc " she smiled and I nodded. Checking the time it was already 7:20 so i began to grab my bag and the keys kissing mummy goodbye.

Walking to the garage wid tayvia trailing behind me . I took the Benz and drove out the yard while she closed the gate and got in the front seat.

" mi pretty eee" she blushed looking at herself in the mirror. I couldn't lie with that cause mi nuh deh wid ugly gyal.

" yeah" i looked on then drove out the scheme heading to Tanya's yard .

- a few minutes later

I parked up at the gate and stepped out the car leaving tayvia . Seeing the children walk to school made me have flashbacks of myself when i was younger.

Heading to the front grill her mother stood there looking out. She was completely zoned out and not even realize i was there until i called out.

" sorry yah baby , mi juss feel bad since lately whats up?" She asked trying to skip the topic of her looking beyond stressed.

" good morning, where is Tanya?" I asked politely.

She looks behind her for a second then looks at me " she gone to school since 6am enuh , first mi see har dash out suh early " she told me.

But I thought we agreed on going to school together each morning,

But come to think of it she did look pissed off last night . I nodded then told her goodbye marching to the car .

As i got inside the car , The Ac was kicking and some music playing at high volume. I didn't even even glance at tayvia so mi juss turn the car around and head to school.

I sat in the passenger side of Chris's bmw while he drove in the direction of starbucks

I sat in the passenger side of Chris's bmw while he drove in the direction of starbucks .

My gut was telling me to text Zidane and tell him everything but what's the point of pouring out my heart twice.

" yuh alright ma?seem like yah think boh too much" he smiles and began reaching for my hands placing his over mines.

" yuh safe yer memba dat" he says kissing my wrist.

How can a nice charming man have this dark side . He seems so sweet and dandy but his actions and past life makes me sick inside .

He was a criminal..... that take lives.

And i was his muse.

Something i can never run from.

I told zidane to keep away for his own good, chris was a jealous man and a hot head suh mi nuh wah affi see him chop up zidane too.

We came to the drive thru and ordered, I didn't feel the need to get anything but he was pressuring me to grab something incase i get hungry.

My mother was totally stressed out about my step father being missing for almost 4 weeks now .

They had put out some missing photos and other stuff but haven't heard anything yet....who am I kidding? Chris obviously killed that man.

If my mother know how well i knew about his disappearance she would definitely throw me out the house and i would be a total disgrace.

" eat .....it ago mek yuh feel better" he says taking a sip of his hot coffee.

I took a small bite into the bagel and drink some of my Starbucks placing the rest in the cup holder.

" do i have to keep this up? Mi feel stressed and stupid " I mumbled trying to hold back tears.

Chris pulled over and looked straight into my brown eyes .

" stop acting like an ediot.... Whatever happens don't give up yuh guard yer " he says turning back to the road.

I sat quietly as we drove our way to school to start this already horrible day.

-
We made it!

Well.... I had to walk all the way inside school since chris wanted to park and not be seen with me inside the car.

Waking down the corridors was enough to drive me mad. The idiotic small minded pickney dem drive mi mad.

I was already sitting in chemistry class and took notes, my head was pounding like crazy so I slipped a pill down my throat and took some water .

Relaxing on the table my phone vibrated, i slide it from my pocket seeing 2 missed calls and 2 messages from different persons.

Closing my eyes i place the phone back in my pocket and focus on the lesson.

:cosmology

That was my next class and now the previous.

Here i was trying items on the mannequin my mother got me . She had indian hair so it was easy to handle and did the job for me .

I was almost done with the last setters when chrissy walked over and bounce off di wull pan filled with clips.

" oh god" she snickers and walked pass me to where Anique was standing with bri and Aria.

Dem so called friends.

I sighed and began to pick them up when a small hand reached out to help .

I haven't haf any classes with her so it was new . She looked pretty too and it was addicting to watch her face alone.

" nuh pay dem nuh mind yer, true yuh nah defend yuh self girl" she says under her breath helping me pack everything up.

" thanks anyway " i smiled and went back to fix the doll head

" taniece.....yuh can call mi Tan for short" she smiled holding out her slender hands.

" oh... Latanya but yuh can call mj Tanya " i smiled as she walked over to my station with her stuff.

The class time went quick since it was a short day. I packed my stuff and head to the cafeteria with Taniece and keyan who followed shortly.

We took a seat at the table and ordered our lunches . While one of us went to get it , me and taniece sat down and catch up.

" yuh fi stop mek dem batta earz deh chat to yuh any how" she says biting into her cheeze patty.

" a fi real girl, dem deh ano yuh friends" keyan added.

Which made me realize i was wondering behind people who hated me all along.