06.

Jude

"You good?" I ask Gio, pulling him into a bro hug.

"Yeah, you?" He shoots back at me as he pats my back and then pulls away.

I nod in response. Shift over a little bit to hug Chloe. We then all take a seat at the table in sync.

The nerves are making themselves known as we sit and wait for Aaliyah and Harmony.

I didn't think it would be this hard to see her. I thought we'd be able to be somewhat civil with one another. But I soon realised there's too much history there to act like nothings happened. And us ending the way we did, really fucked everything up.

I keep checking the door whilst in conversation with Chloe and Gio. Waiting for her to walk through the door with her nicely styled outfit and perfect hair.

Aaliyah bounds in about half an hour after my arrival. She walks to the table and I'm looking back at the door waiting to see Harmony bustle in. But she doesn't.

"Hey guys." She smiles taking a seat beside me.

"No harmony?" Chloe asks and I'm thankful because if I ask it's going to look like I'm eager to know where she is and that I'm really bothered about her not showing up, which I'm not. Just curious.

"No, she doesn't feel well." Aaliyah announces. Feel like that's a slight cop out. Maybe she just doesn't want to be here.

"She okay?" Gio questions.

"Yeah, just a headache. Aaliyah picks up her menu to look at that instead of us. That's how I know it's a lie.

I don't concentrate much at the dinner. I tune in to the conversation now and then, utter a few words. But ultimately my mind just isn't there. I cant stop thinking about the fact the Harmony's not here. I want to know why.

"Sorry, can I order some fries to take away please." I say to the waiter as he collects our finished plates from the table.

He nods and then walks away.

"Not enough food in the hotel?" Gio jokes

"Yeah something like that." I laugh him off.

The waiter returns ten minutes later with the fries in a takeaway box. I thank him and then the four of us stand from the table.

"See you tomorrow birthday boy." I pat gio's back.

"Bye bro." My American friend grins.

"Bye chlo."

"Bye Jude." She smiles sweetly.

Aaliyah and I watch as the American couple walk out of the restaurant. We follow shortly after them.

"See you tomorrow Judeth." She sticks her thumb up about to walk away but I stop her.

"Wait!" I hand her the takeaway box.

"knowing her....shes probably not eaten." I pass the box to Aaliyah and she takes it with a grin and squinted eyes.