40.

Jude

It's been about three weeks.

I've thankfully been discharged from the hospital for a good couple of days now. Mums been brilliant at setting up everything I need to recover at home.

Decided to stay in London for my recovery for the obvious reason that is, I don't want to be too far from Harms. Feel better about being close to her.

She's still in hospital. We're both hoping she gets discharged in the next couple of days. Doctors said she's been doing good. Rose told me she's looking much better, bruises nearly healed up on her face, arms still in a cast as is her leg but the internal injuries such as broken ribs and that nasty punctured lung of hers is all healing well.

She still has to take it easy though which might mean a little extra time in hospital. She's fuming about it. Texts me multiple times a day to let me know she misses me. Even though I visit her every other day.

I walk in to her hospital room that was basically mine throughout my stay and smile at her.

Still on the crutches so it takes me a while to get to her bed but when I do, she shifts over as always and I slip in, smile at her.

"Bruises are all healing." Trace the outline of the best face known to mankind, gently.

"Yep! Bit of makeup and I'll be back to looking like the girl you fell madly in love with." She jokes with a little grin.

"I'm looking at the girl I fell in love with." I retort.

"Love every version of you." I make sure to add.

"Even the roadkill looking one?" She says to be funny and it is so I sniff a laugh.

"Yes. I love my little trampled deer." Tap her nose.

"Aw, you called me a deer." She gushes, trying to water down her big smile.

I laugh at her cuteness, throw an arm around her. Love that I can do that now.

"How are you feeling?" She asks.

"How are you feeling." Throw the question back at her as she's the one still in hospital.

"Jude." Tosses me an unimpressed look for not answering her. Difficult like that she is. Bratty. Love it though.

"I'm good Harms. Backs feeling better as the days go on." Not completely true. Do have some pain here and there but nothing to worry about. Well, nothing for her to worry about. Doctor knows about it and said it's normal, but harms—she freaks out.

Anything and I mean anything that pops up that doesn't indicate I'm absolutely perfect, she worries about. So it's better to not tell her something so minuscule that's expected during recovery.

Plus, I know her better than anyone. She'll use my injury as a way to distract herself from her own. Loves a bit of avoidance, Harms.

"You sure?" She eyes me skeptically.

Can't ever lie to that face, so although I was planning to keep it from her, naturally—I crack.