45.

Harmony

Wedding planning is extremely stressful. Especially when you're a girl like me who has been meticulously planning this day for years. Everything and I mean everything in my wedding book needs to come to life. It's like a rule.

We're over in Italy for a few days. Checking out the wedding venue as I don't want to leave it last minute. It's been two months since Jude proposed, we're in June now—exactly a year until the wedding.

I've brought my wedding dress over here to try it on. Call me weird—but I want to see how it looks in the place we're getting married. See if it gives me all those magical and excited feels.

Jude's sleeping peacefully beside me. We flew in last night. It's me, him, Aaliyah, Toby, Chloe and Gio. Decided to leave the families out of it because I don't think I could bare the stress.

I've got my trusted wedding book open. Slightly worried. Well, extremely worried. I'm going through the guest list as I'm sure the wedding planner we have hired out here will want to know the numbers. Not finalised numbers but a ball park. And me being me, I want to know the exact amount from now so I'm prepared.

I'm inviting both of our families obviously. Aaliyah's parents because they're a second family to me. Jude's aunt and uncles and his grandparents on both sides. His therapist called Maria who I've heard is lovely and who my fiancé said is one of the people single-handedly responsible for getting us to where we are. When he told me that it was kind of a given she'd be invited.

Our best friends of course, Mike, because this literally wouldn't be happening without him. He said he's even going to give a little speech.

Jude's teammates. A few from Madrid a few from the England team that he's close with.

Mel. My nurse who saved my life is invited. Was thinking of inviting my doctor but he promised my boot would be off in a few weeks but it's still on because apparently my foot needs more time to heal. Whatever. Isabella is. Weird because she's Jude's ex but also not weird at all because she's a friend of mine now and of his and I'm marrying him so I win?

Debated about Rome. We are sort of, in a way friends. But him and I were....well what we were, a lot longer than Jude and Isabella. I don't want Jude feeling upset or uncomfortable, this is his wedding too.

Decide to put a question mark next to his written down name on the list. Will get back to him once I've had a conversation with Jude.

Then there's the big elephant in the room. The ugly, selfish elephant that is my father. Do I invite him or not? He's not walking me down the isle. Mike is. But he's my dad so does that warrant him being invited? I don't know.

He's against this wedding anyways. Thinks it's happening too fast which can I just say is incredibly rude knowing it took us three years to figure our shit out. A lot of tears, a lot of arguments and a lot of pretending we weren't utterly in love with each other. May I also add it took me getting mauled by a car and him squashed like an ant by a fucking brute of a man that I will indeed be finding when I'm not in this god awful boot — for us to get together.

So, it's a very much not rushed wedding. It's indeed a long overdue wedding in every sense of the word. We should have actually been married like yesterday.