25.

Harmony

Although I'm missing the sun, the good food and the relaxation, I'm incredibly happy to be back home. It's the first of December meaning it's literally Christmas and I can't wait.

I love Christmas. Especially because it's so nice celebrating it with my family. Aaliyah's family join mine and we do a big Christmas celebration together seeing as her and I have been best friends since we were children.

Only negative is that I have a lot of presents to buy. But I generally enjoy it because it's fun to go to the little London Christmas stalls and walk around Oxford street to see the lights. Even if I'm trying to fight people to get through or if I'm stuck behind slow walkers.

"We need to start decorating asap!" I tell Aaliyah. She's staying with me over the Christmas period seeing as her family are coming down to mine anyways.

Thank goodness it's a big house.

"Harms, it's literally the second week of December. I'm sure we can wait a week."

"No! We can't! We need to start decorating right now!" I insist.

"This is going to be a long ass holiday." Aaliyah sighs flopping onto the couch.

"Not for you. I have to prepare this house for your mum, dad, little brother, aunt, uncle and their children! Plus my mum and sister and her children." Safe to say I took on the hosting responsibilities without actually realising just how hard it is and now I'm panicking.

"Girl, it'll be fine. I'm here to help." She pulls me to sit down on the couch.

I flop down dramatically with a deep sigh. Head resting back on it.

"So." Aaliyah turns to look at me. Sitting up a bit.

"You feeling better about you and Jude?" She questions.

I let her question hang in the air for a few seconds. Thinking to myself.

"Uhm....yeah." I nod.

"Yeah I am."

"Because...we're done. And I've finally accepted that."

"Done? What do you mean done?" Aaliyah looks shocked.

I look at her with a calm smile.

"I believe—well I hope that one day we'll find our way back to each other. But for now, our story is over. And that's okay. We're friends and I'm happy with that. We both have a lot of maturing and growing to do." I shrug. I feel as though I'm trying to convince myself as well as Aaliyah.

"Oh wow." She exhales.

"That's really...mature of you. I'm shocked." She teases, nudging me. Her way of lightening up the mood.

I roll my eyes, pushing her away, just as playfully.

My phone buzzes from beside me on the couch. I pick it up to see that the caller is none other than the man himself. Jude.