30.

Jude

Aaliyah's birthday is three days before new years so she decided to squash the two together and celebrate her birthday on New Year's Eve. Nothing I wouldn't expect from her.

The whole groups invited included Toby and Isabella.

Unfortunately Isabella is unable to make it which she was so upset about but she has a shoot she's unable to cancel. The rest of the group however are all coming. Gio and Chloe managing to book a last minute flight and hotel.

Usually, I'm all up for a party. Especially when Harmony is involved. But this one I'm a bit nervous for.

It's new years and she's seeing someone new so I only expect to see him there alongside her. I don't know if I'm ready for that.

Yes I've put my feelings aside for her happiness and I've stomached the idea of her and Rome together, but it's so different actually seeing it with my eyes.

Seeing the way she lights up around him, the way he mindlessly wraps an arm around her waist. All of the little intimate gestures that become natural when you get with someone.

I'm getting better. Working on myself and all. But it's still shit. Because I love her more than anything and I have to watch her with someone else.

Toby and I are walking up the steps to the restaurant. Aaliyah's booked out the entire rooftop to celebrate her birthday in true Aaliyah fashion.

Toby's holding a massive bouquet of flowers in his hand that I hadn't noticed before because I was so in my head about seeing Harmony and Rome together.

"You bought Aaliyah flowers?" I question my best friend of many years. Surprised.

He looks down at them, and then at me. Shrugs. "Yeah."

"Mhm. Interesting." I smile coyly.

He rolls his eyes. "It's Leah's birthday. Not a big deal I bought her flowers."

"Leah huh?" I catch on to the use of her nickname. How natural it slips from his mouth.

He rolls his eyes again. Annoyed.

"Surprised there's any flowers left after they made you this fucking massive bouquet." I tease.

"Piss off!" Toby says sharply. A little annoyed.

"Look who's all defensive." I egg on. Waiting on him to crack. Already know there's something going on there. I'm not blind. I just want him to admit it with his own mouth.

"I'm not. It's Leah. We're friends." He scoffs but I see the flustered look on his face. Wore that face many times myself in the presence of Harmony. Even in her absence, when being questioned about her.

Fought so hard to keep my feelings at bay and constantly denied I felt any type of way about her, just how Toby's doing. Seen this film before. I wrote, produced and starred in the fucking film.

He'll get there. To the point where he can no longer deny his feelings. He'll love her so much it'll just pour out of him. And I hope for them, they never get into the situation Harmony and I have found ourselves in.