37.

Harmony

"So, what are you two now then?" Aaliyah asks as she holds up the cardboard bowl under my mouth so I can spit out my toothpaste.

Still not able to walk, only been five days since the crash, doctors said I'll be in hospital for at least another two weeks maybe even three.

But I need to freshen up because I feel disgusting and icky, so Aaliyah being my best friend in the entire world is taking one for the team.

I shrug in response to her question.

"I love him, he loves me." Try and squash the massive smile wanting to break out. Forgot that I was practically mauled by a car, all I'm thinking about is the fact that the man I love loves me back.

"We haven't had a chat about what we are now. But I'm happy living in this space for a bit. Us knowing how we feel about each other."

"Yeah that makes sense. You two both nearly died after all." Aaliyah let's out a deep breath, a flicker of sadness on her face so I reach out and put my hand on top of hers.

She smiles down at me, takes the bowl away walking to the bin to dump it in there. She then comes back to wipe my mouth for me and take away my toothbrush.

"Real Romeo and Juliet shit you two are on." She jokes in the way I absolutely adore. Love her to bits.

I grin at her, coy shrug thrown her way.

"We're poetic like that." I say proudly.

She laughs playfully swatting at me.

"Me and Toby will not be like that." She assures taking a seat on the chair beside my hospital bed.

"No, you two are the mushy couple." I tease

"No we're the couple that has great sex." She smirks

I scrunch up my face in disgust.

"Ew! Didn't need to know that! I'm literally in hospital!" I complain.

"Don't hate because you ain't getting any." She raises her eyebrows with a grin.

I cross my arms over my chest, frown over at my childhood best friend.

"Obviously not now, I'm quite literally broken in many places. But soon I'm sure I'll be back in the game."

Aaliyah let's out a loud laugh.

"Right. But will it be great is the question." She asks just to annoy me.

"Not that it's any of your business! But Jude and I have great sex!" I turn away from her, nose in the air all proud.

"Very true, we do." Jude replies walking into the room with a smug smile on his face. Toby beside him.

My eyes widen in shock and now I feel embarrassed as I watch him walk over to my bed and smile down at me. Leaning on his crutches.