Minerva McGonagall

The next day dawned bright and early as usual for the Potter siblings. As Heather untangled herself from her brother's limbs, jabs of pain on her torso reminded her unpleasantly of her Uncle's presents. She absentmindedly directed healing magic to her ribs. She'd have to bear with her cheek injury though. It wouldn't do for the freak's wounds to visibly heal overnight.

Heather and Hadrian spent the day in a state of anticipation. Lucky for them, the Dursleys were all too self-involved and not nearly as observant. When night-time fell, though, and still no correspondence had arrived...

Heather did her best to assure her brother. Surely it took more than a day for even a wizarding owl to make a return trip from wherever Hogwarts was? The reply would definitely arrive in a few days. Seeing the gloom diminish in Hadrian's eyes, she sighed inwardly in relief and kept her own concerns to herself.

Days flew past yet dragged on. Still no sign of owls on the horizon. Heather had to occupy every free moment Hadrian had with lessons in maths, reading and writing to keep his mind off Hogwarts. Eventually, only practising his magic drew him out of his funk. Meanwhile, Heather tried to tamp down on her growing insecurity. What if Hogwarts withdrew their invitation? Was she too demanding with her queries? She tried not to let her worries grow.

~~~

It wasn't until Sunday next, exactly two weeks before Hadrian's birthday, that they received a reply from Hogwarts. Though it wasn't in the form of a letter.

The Dursleys were on one of their family outings, reluctantly leaving the siblings free reign of the house. Free reign for the Dursleys meant, of course, locking them in the cupboard under the stairs with a few slices of stale bread. Free reign for the siblings, however, meant releasing the padlocks and generally lounging about the house.

Therefore, it came as a surprise when Heather felt a surge of magic before someone knocked on the front door. She shared a glance with her brother before walking towards the entranceway. Making sure that Hadrian stayed behind her, she cautiously opened the door.

Only to be surprised to see a distinguished-looking elderly lady dressed in some sort of odd flowing black dress.

"Good day to you Madame. How may I be of assistance?" Heather offered when she remembered the manners Petunia drilled into her. She still warily held the door half-closed because this lady was definitely a witch.

"Good day, I am Minerva McGonagall. I am looking for Miss and Mr Potter," the lady said curtly with a slight Scottish accent.

Heather lit up in excitement. Finally, a response to their letter! She held the door open wider. "Pleased to meet you, Deputy Headmistress! I am Heather Potter and this," she gestured to her brother, "is my brother Hadrian Potter. Would you like to come in?"

The elder witch's eyes warmed slightly. "Thank you, I believe we have a few matters to discuss? And Miss Potter, you may simply refer to me as Professor," she said as she stepped into the Dursleys' home.

"Would you like some tea, Professor?" Heather eagerly offered. It was truly fortunate that the Dursleys weren't home.

The Professor nodded her agreement, so Heather went to the kitchen while Hadrian led the way to the sitting room. She shamelessly rummaged through the cabinets and used the best tea things Petunia had. The imported tea leaves, rose china, silver tea tray, all the works. Feeling a bit vindictive, she took some of Petunia's favourite gingersnaps as well. Heather took some pleasure in imagining her Aunt's horror if she found out about one of those freaks being served tea in her perfectly normal home.