Difficult Relationships

All this tournament nonsense was really getting on Heather's nerves. Only Occlumency was saving these idiots from her rage. She almost laughed at the thought. No one would believe that Professor Snape was responsible for the uninjured state of her schoolmates.

It was like Hadrian's second year all over again. Except without all the fear and with all the hate. In fact, Ronald Bilius Weasley would be first on her hit list if her resolve broke. At this rate, the 'if' was rapidly turning into a 'when'. Seeing how sad Rian was about his falling out with Ronald only compounded her anger at the fickle-minded twit.

The twins had no such compunctions. They'd already taken their own crack at him. Their younger brother Ron may be, but Fred and George saw Hadrian as a sibling too. Turning on family was a big no-no. And the wrath of those two was no joking matter, despite their usual dispositions.

Next on her list would be the damn Hufflepuffs. Except a select few, of course. Whether it was surprising or not, Cedric was one of those few. While he was the cause of the Puffs' enmity towards Rian, he himself had not started treating him any worse. If anything, they had gotten closer since the champions were chosen. And Heather would address that issue another time.

Ironically, it was the Slytherins that were giving Hadrian the least trouble. Most of them were fine. She'd warned them off long ago. The only reason she tolerated Malfoy and his goons was because, honestly? They posed little threat to her brother. It was the older snakes she'd been more worried about back in Hadrian's first year, and that, as mentioned, was moot.

"Enter."

She shelved her homicidal thoughts as she greeted Professor Snape. Such emotions didn't lend well to the Occlumency lessons.

~~~

Severus watched with concealed interest as Heather Lyra stood gracefully and walked across the Great Hall. Pointedly glaring at the youngest Weasley boy, she collected her own redheaded menaces and urged her brother to follow her. They strode right out of the hall. Beside him, Albus stared mournfully as they left, the glares of three quarters of the school following them.

Intriguing. So the Golden Trio was no more. Weasley Junior had fallen out with his bosom buddy, it seemed, while Granger looked torn between the two. Severus held little fondness for the Potter boy - too reckless and foolish by far - but even he could see that Weasley was just letting petty jealousy cloud his thoughts. Such was the idiocy of adolescents.

Perhaps the most curious thing of all was Draco's behaviour. His gaze was firmly trained on the group, or more specifically, the girl. Severus had never had cause to observe his godson in Heather Lyra's presence before. Right up until that little incident with Krum.

That still brought him a feeling of discomposure whenever he thought of it. He could not say why he had felt that way at the girl's interaction with Viktor Krum. Perhaps protectiveness over Lily's daughter. Surely she would not involve herself with that boy. He was entirely unsuited for her and he would eventually leave, after all.

He digressed. Draco's feelings were much easier to decipher. Jealousy had been clear in his gaze. While not surprising in itself, the target of his ire had shocked him. For his jealousy stemmed not from Krum preferring someone else, but Heather Lyra being charmed by the foreign wizard. His godson was...infatuated with the girl.

He did not know whether to be amused or horrified.

Amused, because Draco was being very much immature. Surely he could see that antagonising the girl's brother, whom she doted and coddled, would not appeal him to her at all? Like pulling pigtails in the playground, Severus thought wryly.