Shopping Spree

"Ah, Miss Potter, Mr Potter." Professor McGonagall beckoned the siblings over. "I trust your withdrawal went smoothly? I'm afraid I have suddenly received some directives from the Headmaster. Will you two be alright shopping yourselves?"

At the siblings' nods of agreement, the Professor continued, "Miss Potter, you have your Hogwarts letter, yes? The supply list is inside. I would suggest you start with buying a trunk as well, so that you have something to carry your purchases in. Now, I must get going. I shall meet you two in four hours, at 7pm in the Leaky Cauldron." With that hasty explanation, the Transfiguration Professor briskly headed into the throng of people.

Heather took her brother's hand and chirped, "Well, looks like it's just us two," as always, "so let's look for that trunk shop. Before that though..." Heather adjusted Hadrian's cap properly to cover his scar and sent it a burst of magic. "There, now the cap will stick to your head and make your features less noticeable. It'll only last a few hours though, so tell me if it starts slipping okay?" She had noticed that her magic didn't like to 'stick' to objects for long. The most she could manage to enhance an object was maybe five hours before the magic sort of escaped.

"Yep, alright. Thanks!" Hadrian replied.

"Okay, I think I saw Trock's Trunks that way. Let's go, Leo," Heather said, emphasising her brother's middle name.

Hadrian's eyes brightened in understanding and he took his sister's hand. "Lead the way Lyra!"

~~~

Trock's Trunks had a huge variety of, well, trunks. The owner, Tipple Trock was extremely eager to help. "These trunks here change colours every hour, while those by the window have specialised thief alarms. Now these come in ten different sizes and those near the counter play classical music when opened..." the owner nattered on and on.

"Excuse me, Mr Trock," Heather cut in, "We'd just like to give the specifications for our trunks please. We will have two standard large trunks, but with each having an expanded book space, a storage space with food and heavy duty locking charms."

"Two trunks?" Mr Trock's gaze skimmed over Hadrian without taking any special notice of him. Heather sighed inwardly; her magic was working. "Of course, I'll just have to put some wizard space in the shelves and stasis charms for food...Would you like featherweight and shrinking charms imbued as well?" Heather nodded and he continued, "If you would wait for about a half hour, I'll get your order ready." He then disappeared into a backroom.

Heather wandered about the shop while waiting for the trunks to be done. She was admiring the colour-changing trunks when Hadrian called for her. "Hea- Lyra! Come look at this," he said, pointing at a glass display.

Inside the case was two identical wooden boxes about the size of a jewellery box. There were odd little symbols carved into the edges the boxes. A small sign on the glass read:

Based on the Vanishing Cupboard,

Trock's Trunks brings to you the Transporting Chests!

Small items can be easily sent from one chest to its paired one in a matter of minutes!

Warning: Living items may experience dismemberment, spontaneous combustion, heart attacks, nerve damage, memory loss and various other dangers should they be placed in the chests.

Heather grew increasingly excited as she read through the description. These would be immensely helpful when she had to be separated from Rian.

"Neat, huh? We could send each other letters or presents even when you're at Hogwarts!" Hadrian looked pleadingly at his sister, begging with his wide eyes.