The Old Crowd

Heather stumbled upon a lady with bright pink hair as she came out of the bedroom she shared with Hermione and Ginny. Or, more accurately, the unfamiliar witch stumbled over her. Only her grip on the door handle saved her from taking a tumble onto the hideously grimy floorboards. The loud thud told her that the other witch had not been so fortunate.

"I'm so-"

"Oh damnit-"

"-sorry!"

She looked at the stranger as their apologies ran over each other. Their eyes met and before they knew it, both burst into laughter. Heather offered a hand to help the other up, turning it into a handshake when they were both stood facing each other.

"Hi, I'm Heather Potter. Sorry again for the crash."

The witch grinned cheekily, showing that there was no harm done. "Nah, don't worry 'bout it. Happens to me all the time. The name's Nymphadora Tonks, but you better call me Tonks or I'll have to hex you!"

Tonks' cheeriness was infectious. She seemed like the kind of person that could befriend anyone. She just had that sort of air about her. Or perhaps it was just her hair.

"Nice to meet you. Not to be rude, but what exactly are you doing here? Are you a friend of Sirius'?" Because she didn't think just anyone would be allowed in when it was being used for a safehouse. They even had a Fidelius for Morgana's sake!

Her new acquaintance smiled wryly. "I'm actually more of a cousin, actually. My mum's a Black. But anyway, I'm here cos' I'm a member of the Order!"

What?

"Tonks!" Both of them tensed when another voice growled harshly. "What are you thinking, going around telling others about top secret information!"

Heather turned towards the man, surprised to see Alastor Moody standing a few feet away. He seemed recovered from his time being trapped by Bartemius Crouch Jr.

"It's not like she can't be trusted!" Tonks said, rolling her eyes. "She's one of the Potters. Besides, she's not a kid. She's already 17." Technically, she hadn't officially been a kid since being emancipated at 15, but Heather didn't bother to say it.

The retired Auror pointed accusingly at Heather. "Anyone could be impersonating the brat! Remember, Constant Vigilance!"

She raised an unimpressed brow. "Rest assured. I am, indeed, Heather Potter."

"I'll be the judge of that, girl," the man said, still not letting up on his suspicious glare. "Who were the Potters' Secret Keeper?"

"Peter Pettigrew," she stated in a bored tone.

"What is Heather Potter's Patronus form?"

"A snidget." Were these questions really supposed to ascertain her identity? Anyone could answer these if they were really one of Voldemort's men. It would be better to simply ask her to cast the Patronus. In fact...

"Expecto Patronum," she cast quickly, before Moody could get a little wand-happy. Her tiny ball of misty fluff shot out of her wand, fluttering around her head. The wizard's glare finally let up, though his eyes remained narrowed on her as he backed away out of the hallway.

"Wow! Jeez, I never really expected a Hogwarts student to be able to cast a Patronus!" Tonks exclaimed brightly. "Is that a snidget? How adorable!"

Heather smiled at the excitable woman. She really knew how to lighten up the mood. To her shock, she saw Tonks' hair shift from her pink shade into a startling violet. Seeming to catch onto her surprise, Tonks said, "Oh, yeah, I do that sometimes. I'm a Metamorphmagus!"