Chapter Four

My time on this dreaded Earth was counted and numbered. It didn't matter how many things I had succeeded at or done for myself. Or what my future self could potentially be or look like. I knew without a doubt the finish line wasn't too far from the starting line.

     Hell, I might not even see the day to watch my children or grandchildren grow. Feeling the true experience of getting married – every moment was documented. If your time becomes something worthless. You weren't meant to do it. Whatever it may be, I knew I wasn't the next immortal being or someone who could live on forever.

     So, might as well cease for my own moments. This life will be something that I surround myself with for as long as I live. In the Mafia there is no out. You either die or end up in prison. Or sell out your mates for a get out of jail free card.

The pair of arms reaching out for me. I whisked around, whipping the person with the back of my elbow. My leg sweeping under their knees, watching their body fall. I grabbed the person's collar getting ready to connect my fist to his face.

Wait – Hold on his? I looked at the man's face, in horror. "Sir, I am so sorry!" I exclaim standing up extending my hand trying to help him up. Marco's expression spoke numbers. His anger was beyond repair. He grasped my hand pulling me down to his level.

The blood oozed out of his nose. "Go ahead punch me", his first words towards me were entirely his fault. Rule of thumb, never sneak up on someone...ever. "I can't do that, sir", I said as his right hand cups my face. "You just did, let's see if you'll do it again." He retorts, I avoid his piercing gaze.

"If I had any Idea that it was you, Sir. I wouldn't have laid a single finger on you. I apologize". My words are not convincing enough. I put my guard down, as he turned my face to look at him clearly. "Pull this shit again and we will have larger consequences. Capiche?"

His words sounded frightening and scared me to a certain extent. "It won't happen again sir, I'm sorry". Marco's hand releasing my face. I stood up properly dusting my pants off. I reached my hand out once more.

Marco ignores the fact that my hand was even extended. "You have another job tomorrow", he stands up rolling up his sleeves. "Training today will look slightly different than normal". Whatever Marco had planned, seemingly wasn't going to go so well.

"With every fiber in me I don't want to have to say this. But, you are going to try and turn me on". My jaw dropped from the shock. Seducing Marco...seduce him?! "Sir that's against –" He cuts me off quickly.

"Believe me, it's not for my sexual leisure. It's to ensure you can handle who you're dealing with". Marco pauses, going right to fixing one of his rings. "Without being said, he has withheld quite the high profile for women who don't follow his orders' '. Marco said, walking towards my general direction.

My body takes paces backwards. I watched his eyes dart to the bruise on my cheek. I watched his eyes glint with something more frustrating. I felt the cold wall sting my back. "He's that bad?" My words sounded breathless. His hands trapping me in from either side. Essentially trying to start a game of cat and mouse.

Ready to devour me like some prey. "I have your permission to do this?" I question for the last time. "You have my permission" he lets out. A sigh ruptures, I gave it a second thought. My hands went right for his face.

"I haven't seen anyone like you around here before". Marco looks into my eyes. My thumb brushes his lower lip. Marco's hands finding my waist. Pushing me into him roughly. A smirk piling onto my lips.

"I don't think I have either, I'm Mariana." Our faces are inches from each other. "I don't do good with names. I think I have just enough room to remember yours though". A euphoric feeling clouding between us.