10

(btw pretend this game happened earlier in his career so the storyline makes more sense)

DAVINA

It was game day against Rayo Vallecano, meaning I had a long day ahead of me. I had to check the boys' physique before and after training, then right before the game, during halftime and then once again after the game finished.

Considering they never held back, I'd probably have to do extra checkups, making my schedule very full.

They'd all gathered on the pitch for a pre-game talk while I sat in the stands, watching and eating my lunch when someone around my age approached me. It was a young girl, long black hair, wearing somewhat fancy attire. She reached out her hand, the other held a microphone.

"Hi, I'm Naomi, the new social media manager here in Madrid." I shook her hand, putting my stuff aside as she took a seat next to me.

"You're Davina Vásquez right?" she asks, to which I nod.

"I'm really just going around, trying to meet everyone and find out anything interesting." she explains.

"So it's your first day here?" I ask, to which she hums as a reply.

"I haven't met many of the players yet and I'm afraid to because I'm sure I'd faint right on the spot," she laughs nervously.

"Don't worry. If you want I can introduce you to them, just to ease the awkwardness," I offer, and she gladly accepts.

We continue our conversation. Her talking about how she grew up in Australia and Spain and why she did social media management. I really started to like her and knew we were going to get along perfectly.

Then she asked a few things about what I did and I had to explain my relationship with the players and coaches, obviously not mentioning anything about Jude's and I's relationship, but it became inevitable as she asked about us two being the only ones from the UK and wondering if it made our bond stronger.

"Well, because I can talk Spanish, it doesn't really make any difference for me, but I do realize Jude has gotten that connection more since his Spanish isn't exactly top notch," I say, laughing internally, showcasing Jude as desperate as I could.

She even offered me a professional interview to talk about the boys' achievement on the physical aspect and at first I was hesitant but eventually agreed, some recognition not being such a bad idea.

Soon, training was over and the game was about to start, the players taking to their rooms and eventually to my room for checkup. One by one, right as the fans started piling in the stadium, they came into my office.

Mostly, they were all cleared, but I'd remembered Jude had injured his shoulder a few days back so I already dreaded the thought of having to do a longer check on him. He walked in, already shirtless and again I was distracted but quickly regained my professionalism and started my work, again, singing along to my music, something that helped me concentrate.

Surprisingly, I saw Jude's head bop along to the music as well, though he'd probably deny it if I mentioned anything about it. I just hurriedly finished up as it was almost time for him to go on the field.

"Will you be watching?" he asked, right before he left, surprising me.

"Uhm, yes," I just answered, receiving the smallest of smiles, a nod and then his back turned to me. Weird.

Leaving those thoughts behind, I made my way to the VIP box to greet all the management including Naomi, where we got to the interview she was talking about before.

"So, what are your expectations for todays game as you are very close to the players since you're their physiotherapist," she asks in Spanish, pointing the microphone in my direction.

"Well, I've been watching them train for a while and because I'm pretty close with a lot of the players, I have no doubt that they will do amazing and hopefully win as well," I answer, fiddling with my fingers, never having done anything like this before.

"And who would you say you are closest with at the moment out of all the players," she says, once again handing me the microphone.

I pretended to think, not wanting to be too blunt, "Well, I think I'm close to pretty much all of them, but I'd have to say Audérelie. I mean we're close in age which makes it easier and he's just a really decent guy."

"No words about Jude considering you're both from Birmingham?"

"I mean he's great too and he's an amazing player, especially since he's so young, but unfortunately I haven't been able to bond over anything with him so far," I say, partly lying.

"Well thank you Davina for taking your time to answer my questions. I will let you get back to work and I hope to see you later during the game," she finally says, finishing the interview.

After the camera cut, I exhaled, asking her if I did well and she happily reassured me, telling me I did fine. During the game, I was actually allowed to be on the bench among the players, for some strange reason, but I happily sat there, excited to see the game up close.

I enjoyed the match, engaging in some other players and crew, until suddenly I heard less cheering from the fans. I glance over at the field and see none other than Jude on the ground, clutching his left shoulder. Thankfully it wasn't the one he had injured before, otherwise I might have already been on my way back to Birmingham.

Some medics rushed over to him, me standing on the sidelines as I was probably not permitted to go anywhere near the actual field. While waiting, I started playing with my necklace, which I often did when I was nervous.

After several minutes of him laying on the ground, he was helped up by one of the medics and led off the field, earning his first bench time, which was impressive on its own. It took a while for them to get to the bench and for the game to start again.

I was surprised he didn't roll his eyes at my presence, though he was probably more focused on his broken shoulder rather than anything else. The medics were able to put his shoulder back in place on the spot, not needing any emergency attention, so they handed him over to me to take of him.

Momentarily, I wrapped some tape around his shoulder, doing my best to make it as supportive as possible, since he insisted on resuming his role in the game. During the taping, I could feel his eyes on mine, locking them momentarily before looking back down to his shoulder.

I shrugged it off though and he was able to continue the game with no problem, though after the game, it being 0-0, I was going up to each of the players, telling them they did a good job, some thanking me, at least sending a few smiles but when I got to Jude to ask him about his shoulder,

"Fuck off Vásquez."

-

After the game, I decided to upload a video me and my fans had been waiting for for a while. So I grabbed my computer to make any final touchups and posted it on my channel.

Only two minutes later I heard Aurélien screaming from across the room.

"AAHH Vina posted on her channel!!" causing everyone around him to pull out their phones and look up the video, making me cringe as my voice started filling the room.

(YOUTUBE)

VINAVASQUEZ | my life in Real Madrid (blessed🙌) 2,066,478 views

comments

@realmadrid a part of the family🔥 (📍pinned)

@notaurelientchm ugh I'm so jealous (📍pinned)

view all comments