33

Me, Lorenzo and Aurélien were sitting in my living room playing cards and drinking, as neither had training. I had decided to stay home too rather than having to face Jude again.

Aurélien's arm was wrapped in a cast so he couldn't play for a while and someone had to keep him company. The newspapers were all over it, having already interviewed him on the topic but he never admitted what actually happened. Though I wish he did because I would love to see Jude being flamed by the public.

Word also got around about Josie, and now, even more than ever, the team hated her. Though they hated Jude more for not believing them and also for breaking his teammate's arm. Whenever she would come to the stadium, there would always be at least a few players who would follow her around to try and catch a phone call, a text or any sign of her using Jude for his money.

I found it odd because even though they hated Jude and thought he was an idiot, they still didn't want him to be used and tried to help him find out if Josie was truthful with him or not. Either way, I think they just want to get rid of her as she was coming to almost every training, annoying all of them including me and, of course, the bartender.

Today was finally a day where I could just relax, drink and play games without having to think about Jude or Josie or work. So it was just me, Aurélien and my brother sitting on my sofa watching Puerto Rican soaps while explaining everything to Aurélien as he had never seen them before.

Then, suddenly, our soap was turned off, interrupted by a news reporter showing up on the screen.

"Breaking news; Real Madrid footballer Jude Bellingham has been in a car accident on his way back home. Several sources say he was with his current girlfriend, Josie. They had been seen arguing on the road and she lost control of the car, swerving to the side of the road and crashing against another car. Though his girlfriend and the passengers in the other car are unharmed, Jude has been severely injured and is on his way to the hospital as we speak."

"Holy shit," Aurélien said, as we saw videos of Jude being rolled into an ambulance, wires already being strung to his body.

"What the fuck happened?" Lorenzo mumbled as me and Aurélien were already almost out the door.

"Come on Enzo!" I yelled, running back to him and pulling him out the door.

I grabbed my bike, pulling Aurélien on the back as Lorenzo was struggling to get on his. We sped to the hospital side by side, swerving through the little traffic easily and got to the hospital in only a few minutes.

I had spotted several reporters already standing at the entrance, but I had seen them too late, as their eyes were already locked on the three of us. I was getting more and more nervous when we got closer to th entrance, as they had started to move towards us.

I pulled Lorenzo and Aurélien as hard as I could through the crowd, nearly getting there but getting help from security to get through the rest.

"Finally," I sighed out as we walked through the hallways of the depressing hospital, being told to sit in the waiting room.

My legs unconsciously bounced up and down, occasionally glancing down the hall where Jude was supposedly being operated on. His parents and Jobe were across from us, silent. I didn't blame them, since the girl who caused the crash wasn't very far a way, getting her knee stitched up a few rooms down. She had walked past us right as we arrived, and every single one of us shot her death glares. I don't think she'll be going anywhere alone after this.

We sat in the waiting room for literal hours, hoping for any sign of good news. Lorenzo had fallen asleep on my shoulder. My arm rested around his body while the other scrolled through Instagram.

I saw several posts, some from gossip pages and fan pages of Jude showing their concern for him, but one gossip page caught ny eye quickly.

Jude's ex-girlfriend Davina Vásquez was seen together with footballers Lorenzo Vásquez and Aurélien Tchouaméni running into the hospital where Jude's being treated. Is this a sign of their relationship returning? Will we see them together again in the future?

I quickly shut down my phone, not wanting to read more. People were genuinely more interested in what my intentions were instead of caring if Jude was still alive or not.