Chapter One: The first day (part 1)

-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽
Y/n Potter. The younger sister of Hogwarts' very own prankster, James Potter. She was always quiet and polite and didn't have a single enemy. Except for Regulus Black.
    He hated her just because of her last name. He associated her with his brother and anyone associated with his brother was his enemy.
    This never seemed to bother y/n. She always just retaliated with some snarky remarks.
    That was until this year. Something seemed to switch over the summer. Instead of having her nose stuck in a book, y/n had taken an interest in her brother and his friends' pranks over the summer. She still loved reading but more often than not, she was interrupted by her brother.
    Sirius Black had moved in with them that summer and had already become a part of the family.
    "Now, James, y/n," Euphemia talked to the three at the train station, her husband behind her. "I don't want a single bad letter from Professor McGonagall,"
    "Mom, when have you ever gotten a bad letter about me?" Y/n plastered on a smile.
    "Maybe all those times you got caught after curfew wandering the halls," She raised an eyebrow.
    "They told you about that?" Y/n's face dropped.
    Euphemia ignored her and turned to James.
    "I especially don't want to hear any more about you two tormenting that poor Slytherin boy," She scolded.
    Snape.
    Y/n hadn't really minded Snape the years before but last year, he had called her one of her best friends, Lily Evans, a horrible name about her blood status.
    Now Y/n despised him.
    "He deserves it," Sirius mumbled.
    "No. Nobody deserves to be hurt," She scolded, not knowing the situation.
    The train blared the final warning sound and Euphemia teared up. Fleamont put his hand on her shoulder to comfort his wife.
    "We better get going," James said.
    "I'm going to miss my babies," Euphemia pulled her children into a long hug.
    Once she broke away, Fleamont gave each of them a big hug.
    "Make sure to write every week," Fleamont said, wiping a tear from his eye. "All of you,"
    Sirius had a soft smile on his face.
    "Bye Mom, bye Dad," Y/n was the last one to board the train so she turned around to wave one last time.
    Before her parents could answer, the doors closed behind y/n. She watched as the train slowly departed from the station. The sight of her father with his arm around her mothers shoulders. Y/n longed for the love that they shared.
    Y/n pulled out the book she had begun out of her bag and started trying to find her brothers' compartment.
    Suddenly she got knocked into, knocking her and the other person to the floor. Her book went flying, losing her spot.
    "Watch where you're going, Potter," the voice said.
    Only one person would be this rude on the first day back.
    "Black," Y/n got up. "How was your summer?"
    She decided to try and put their quarrels behind them this year.
    Regulus had other plans.
    "Wouldn't you like to know," he pushed past her.
    His friends followed him. Evan, giving her a sympathetic look and Caius shaking his head. Y/n was friendly enough with them. She had to do a partner assignment with Evan last year and they had found a lot in common.
    "Actually, I wouldn't. You probably just sulked around because you have no friends," she sassed, done with the act of being nice to him. "Rossier, Avery. Good to see you again,"
    "You too, sorry about him," Evan motioned to Regulus. "He's been in a mood,"
    "Let's go," Regulus stormed off.
    She watched as they walked off into a compartment.
    Picking up her book, she continued her search to find her brother.
    "Mini Potter, in here," It was Sirius, he had been calling her mini Potter all summer and it seemed that it would continue into the school year.
    Y/n greeted Remus and Peter, who were already in the compartment and sat down next to Remus.
    "What took you so long?" James questioned her.
    "Oh, nothing," she said, not wanting to disturb Sirius' peace by mentioning his brother.
    "Secrets, secrets, are no fun. Unless you share with everyone!" James sing songed.
    Y/n rolled her eyes and went back to her book.

-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽