Chapter 17: Triwizard tournament (part four)

͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽
They snuck into the dining hall without getting noticed and sat down at the end of a table. The four competitors stood in the front of the room, in front of Dumbledore.
(Just so everyone knows, I'm doing some of the tournament a bit differently than in the books/movies)
    There were four large eggs in front of them. Y/n thought that the egg's interesting patterns were beautiful. There was a medium sized red egg, a white egg, a small blue one and an odd purple and green looking egg. They weren't real eggs, just decorative ones that they could open.
    "Now, I want each of you to cast the summoning spell to bring an egg towards you," Dumbledore said.
    "Accio!" The four cast the spell.
    The eggs lifted up off of the table and slowly started to travel to each of the contestants. The purple egg went to y/n, the white egg to Eliasson, the blue one to Camille, and the red one to Severus.
    "The egg that has chosen you, corresponds with the dragon that you will be fighting tomorrow. The goal of the fight is to get the golden egg from the dragon's nest," Dumbledore explained. "Ms. Potter, I apologize in advance. We had three dragons prepared that were raised for this. But due to the uhm, strange circumstances, we had to capture a wild dragon for you and he is a bit, well, fussy,"
    The students gasped. Trained dragons alone were extremely dangerous, but a wild dragon? That was like facing death.
    "A wild dragon?" Eliasson asked. "That's too dangerous!"
    Dumbledore looked at y/n, waiting for her to put up a protest of some sort. But like a true Gryffindor, she only nodded. Eliasson's gaze lingered on y/n.
    "Now, inside each egg is the name of the dragon you will be up against," Dumbledore said. "Would each of you please announce the name of your dragon?"
    "I got a Ukrainian Ironbelly," Eliasson announced.
    The Drumstrang boys erupted into laughter. It was some inside joke, surely.
    "I have gotten the...Peruvian Vipertooth," Camille laughed.
    "Hey! It's red to match your hair!" A beauxbatons student yelled.
    There were a few giggles before Severus spoke.
    "I have the Chinese fireball," Severus said.
    Y/n twisted off the top of the egg and looked down. Her face became firm as she saw the name that lay there.
    "The Hebridean black," Y/n said.
    More gasps from the crowd. The Hebridean black was one of the most hostile dragons. There had only been two verified spottings before and neither of the writers said anything very pleasant about them.
    Y/n put on a fake smile and the Gryffindors cheered.
    "As a gift to our contestants, before they enter a very dangerous game, I would like to have our special guests enter the dining hall," Dumbledore stated.
    Everyone stared at the door as it opened.
    "Tobias and Eileen Snape!" Dumbledore yelled.
    Two gloomy looking people entered, one dressed in muggle clothes and the other in a proper witches robe, as the room cheered for them. Severus went down and greeted his parents. Y/n thought his mother looked proud, maybe? She couldn't really tell.
    "Jean and Caroline Petit!" Dumbledore announced.
    A pair of kind looking people walked in, the woman's red hair flaming against her and her husband's white robes. They bowed when they reached the front and Camille jumped into them.
    "Fleamont Potter and former Triwizard Tournament winner, Euphemia Potter!" With that announcement, Hogwarts exploded.
    The legendary Fleamont Potter, the best seeker Hogwarts had seen and Euphemia, the first witch to win the Triwizard tournament. It was exciting for anyone to see. Y/n watched as her 'parents' walked down. They were dressed in royal looking robes and pleased looking expressions on their faces.
    Y/n ran down to meet them and hugged them both. They returned the favor and walked over to stand next to the other trios.
    "Tobias," Fleamont said to Snapes's father.
    "Fleamont," he returned.
    Y/n shot Severus a look and he just shrugged, equally as confused.
    "Axel and Astrid Rowle,"
    Y/n took note of her parents' reactions. How they tensed up. How her father placed his hand on her shoulder immediately. How her mother turned to her father. And how her father shook his head and whispered 'don't worry' to her mother. Y/n craned her head to see her possible real parents.
    When she saw her possible mother, it was like looking into a mirror. The kind eyes and the bright smile. Her possible father looked exactly like the picture of Damocles Rowle that y/n had found. Regulus watched y/n's eyes light up and turned to see what she was looking at. It was...another y/n? No. It was just a woman who looked just like her but older. Regulus was taken aback at how similar they looked. He looked back at y/n who was staring at the woman.
    Y/n looked over at him and made a look with her face, as if to say 'are you seeing this?' Regulus nodded at her, grinning. Eliasson and his parents walked over and stood next to the other parents. They looked over at Fleamont and Euphemia, a vague familiarity of the couple in their minds. Suddenly, a large table appeared for the families and they were all sitting down.
    "Let the feast begin!" Dumbledore announced and food appeared.
    Y/n was seated in between Euphemia and Astrid.
    "So, what are your names? We couldn't hear anything in that hallway," Astrid smiled at the Potters.
    "Euphemia, Fleamont, and y/n," Euphemia said bluntly.
    "Well, Euphemia, Fleamont, and y/n, do you happen to have a last name?" Axel asked.
    Fleamont was about to say something but y/n stopped him and spoke for herself.
    "Potter," she said with a smile.
    "P-potter?" Astrid's smile wobbled.
    "Yes?" Y/n was confused.
    "Y/n?" Axel asked.
    "Yes?" She sounded even more confused.
    Did they know who she was? They must've known how they were acting.
    "Is something?" Y/n asked.
    "Yeah, why are you guys acting weird?" Eliasson laughed.
    Both fathers and mothers were death staring at the other.
    Dinner went by very slowly, silent death threats happening all throughout.
    Y/n said goodbye to the other contestants and their parents and immediately went to find Regulus.
    "Hey, Reg, do you want to come meet my parents?" Y/n jumped onto him.
    He toppled over slightly but caught the two of them.
    "Yeah, of course," he smiled at her.
    "Caius, Evan, you can come too if you want," y/n offered.
    They shared a look and smirked at each other.
    "Maybe tomorrow," Caius grinned. "Well let the future in-law meet them first,"
    "Future what?" Y/n was confused.
    "Ignore them!" Regulus said a little too loudly before dragging her away. "Let's go!"
    Y/n led him to her parents and suddenly felt slightly nervous. What if they didn't like him?
    "Ok, I'm scared," Regulus admitted.
    "Don't be, that's my job," y/n said.
    "They're your parents!" Regulus laughed.
    "I know, but still," y/n linked arms with him and they made their way over.
    "Y/n, who is this fine young man?" Euphemia winked at y/n, already knowing who he was.
    "Mom, Dad, this is Regulus Black, my best friend," y/n grinned.
    "Sirius's brother!" Euphemia exclaimed.
    Y/n sighed. It was always about Sirius.
    "Ah, so this is the Mr. Black we have gotten so many letters about," Fleamont teased his daughter as he shook Regulus's hand.
    "Dad," y/n groaned.
    "Oh, I wasn't talking about your letters, the letters I'm talking about are the letters from Professor McGonagall about you two sneaking out," Fleamont crossed his arms. "I thought we would be getting those about James and Sirius. Not you two,"
    The pair darted their heads to look at each other, eyes wide.
    "I was joking," Fleamont laughed. "But now I feel like I shouldn't be,"
    "We have heard such nice things about you Regulus," Euphemia smiled. "I'm sure if you're anything like your brother, we're going to get along quite well,"
    "Well, Regulus actually loves to cook, just like you," Y/n smiled, trying to get the attention off of Sirius.
    "Oh! We could bake cookies! Or make meatloaf!"
    Euphemia embraced him in a bone crushing hug. It took him a second to hug back but a small smile was on his face when he pulled away. He stepped back and linked his arm with y/n again, out of habit.
    "Well, we should get going. But it was extremely nice to meet you," Euphemia smiled. "Would you and your friends like to sit with us at the first challenge tomorrow?"
    "I-I would love to," Regulus stuttered.
    He moved his arm behind y/n's back and tapped her back a couple of times. He was excited and y/n struggled to hold in a laugh.
    "Goodbye honey," Euphemia kissed her on the temple.
    Fleamont embraced her and Regulus and ruffled his head. Regulus smiled a little and the pair watched as they walked away. Y/n turned to him and hugged him tightly.
    "Sorry, they don't really understand how to talk to new people," she said, pulling away.
    "It's alright, I get compared to Sirius all the time," he laughed.
    "Welcome to my world, I get called Mini James by several teachers,"
    "Y'know what, I actually do think I've heard that before,"
    "Did we hear our names?" James came out of nowhere with Sirius next to him.
    "Nope! Let's go," Y/n grabbed Regulus's wrist and ran away, not wanting to deal with them.
    Unfortunately, they were fast. They caught up to Y/n and Regulus and stood on either side. Sirius wrapped his arm around y/n's shoulders and James did the same to Regulus. It was honestly funny. Regulus grabbed onto y/n's side, keeping them close. He shrugged James's arm off in the process, only wanting to be near one Potter sibling. Y/n did the same to Sirius, not wanting anyone to get any ideas about the two of them.
    "So y/n, How did you get your name into the goblet of fire?" Sirius asked. "I mean, you are only fifteen,"
    "I didn't, Sirius," Y/n scoffed. "I'm a good witch but not that good,"
    Y/n felt Regulus let go and dart his eye contact away from her. She gave him an odd look but decided to ignore it.
    "That's odd though," James pondered. "Who would put your name in?"
    "Beats me," y/n shrugged. "I saw you and Lily were quite close today during dinner,"
    James suddenly got that far off look in his eyes. He had liked Lily since the second he met her. Unfortunately, Lily did not reciprocate...at first at least. The past year, Lily and y/n's conversations had consisted of: 'James would like that' 'Did he do something different' 'I don't know, he's growing on me' and it had become obvious that she was in love.
    "Actually, about that," James smirked. "I asked her to be my girlfriend today,"
    "Yeah? You do that everyday," y/n laughed.
    "Well today, for your information, she said yes,"
    Y/n stopped, causing everyone else to stop too. Her eyes were wide, mouth open, completely shocked.
    "No way! Is she sick?" She joked.
    Regulus smiled sheepishly at y/n.
    "Nope! I checked her for a fever right after," Sirius admitted.
    The four continued their conversations as they walked back to the castle. It was odd to see the two Black brothers so calm around each other. To be fair, Regulus didn't say much, but he answered when Sirius talked to him. That was a start. When they got to the Gryffindor painting, Sirius and James looked at y/n, expecting her to come in with them.
    "I'm gonna walk Regulus back," she told them.
    Normally James would protest, but he just nodded silently, Sirius following in suit. They went inside and the painting closed.
    "Well today was weird," y/n said as they started walking.
    "100% agree," he laughed. "Speaking of today, I have so many questions,"
    "Alright, shoot,"
    "First of all, what the fuck was up with Dumbledore giving you the most hostile WILD dragon for tomorrow?"
    "I don't even know, but I had Riley find me some books on them in the library. I'm actually gonna head there after dropping you off,"
    Regulus held his trained tongue about the muggle.
    "Smart, if I remember correctly from Care for Magical Creatures, there isn't much on them,"
    "Yeah, only two definite accounts in the wild. Several unverified ones though that I'm gonna look at too," y/n told him. "Arthur Weasley is gonna help me study in the morning. He's pretty good with dragon stuff,"
    Again, Regulus held his tongue. They weren't his thoughts.
    "Question two, what happened with, well, y'know, your maybe family?" He asked, leading away from the conversation with muggles and traitors.
    "It was really odd. They were like feuding with my parents all night,"
    "You look just like her," Regulus commented.
    "I know. It was almost scary,"
    "She's not as pretty as you," he sighed. "No one is,"
    Y/n looked over at him, expecting him to be looking at him but instead, he had his hands in his pockets and was staring straight forward. Y/n was about to say something but he turned his head and looked at her before grinning and running away. Y/n chased after, pulling on his arm to stop him. He burst into laughter and was practically rolling on the floor. Y/n poked his cheek and crossed her arms.
    "You can't just say shit like that and run away," she pouted. "Especially if you don't mean it,"
    Regulus watched as she stood up and started to stalk away. He didn't understand why she was mad. He scrambled up after her and grabbed her arm, spinning her around to face him. They were right in front of the Slytherin dorms. What if someone saw what he was about to do? He didn't care.
    "What if I did mean it?" He asked, leaning closer. "Because I do,"
    Regulus thought about what Caius and Evan had said earlier that day. He needed to take this chance. He just hoped it wouldn't ruin their friendship if she didn't reciprocate.
    "Y/n, I think you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I love every part of you. The way you smile and the way you play with your fingers. I love the way you look at me when you don't think I'm looking. The way you brush your hair out of your eyes. They way that you love touch. I love everything about you," he smiled at her. "I'm sorry if this ruins our friendship but I couldn't contain how much I love you anymore,"
    Y/n's mouth was hanging open. She was about to speak but was interrupted.
    "Ms. Potter, could I have a word?" It was Professor Dumbledore.
    Y/n looked at Regulus but his eyes were closed and a frown was on his face. He opened his eyes sadly and walked into the Slytherin dorms.
    Y/n wanted to yell at him to come back. To tell him how she felt. But it was too late. The door was closed behind him.
    "Ms. Potter?" Dumbledore asked.
    "Coming," y/n wanted nothing more than to claw out his eyes.
    "I'm assuming you already know about the Rowles," Dumbledore said.
    "I've known for a while," y/n asked.
    "Yes, I know. I just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't let Eliasson, being your brother, get in the way of you winning," Dumbledore told her. "I have a strong feeling that you will win,"
    "Well you're not making it very easy on me," y/n grumbled.
͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽