Chapter ten: Hogsmeade

-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽
The next morning, y/n woke up first, the rain had turned to snowing overnight and Hogwarts was covered in snow. She looked down at the boy still wrapped around hugging her and smiled, remembering their night last night. She looked at her bedside clock and saw that it was already 12:30. She gently woke Regulus up by shaking him. He protested at first, clinging to her more before eventually giving in.
"Good morning," he grumbled, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"Good afternoon," she laughed.
His eyes widened when he saw the time before remembering it was a Saturday.
"I'll head back to my dorm to get ready," he looked at y/n. "I'll meet you at the fountain at one?"
"It's a date!" Y/n grinned jokingly.
"That it is," Regulus responded with a joking grin.
But neither of them were joking.
Regulus cast a spell on himself that made him invisible to everyone but y/n, as to not get murdered by a certain group of people.
Y/n decided to wear a Slytherin sweater she stole from Regulus that had the Black crest on the shoulder. It was her favorite sweater and it still smelled like him. She paired that with a black skirt and sheer black tights and carried her black coat with her until she got outside.

When she walked into the common room, she was met with the exact group she didn't want to see. Now y/n was still friends with Remus and Peter because they had been on her side for all of this, not that they would tell the other two.
Remus thought that Sirius was an idiot for starting the fight and thought James was an idiot for making it worse. Peter, well, Peter just thought that the two boys were way too tough on Regulus and y/n.
Lily and Marlene jogged up and gave her a hug.
"You look so cute!" Lily gushed. "Where are you going?"
"I'm going to Hogsmeade with someone," Y/n smiled.
She wanted to get a rise out of the protective boys and that's just what happened. James and Sirius jumped up and looked at each other before looking at her.
"You have a date?!" James yelled, assuming she was going with a boy.
"James, no," Remus warned him.
"With Regulus I assume," Sirius scoffed, motioning to the crest on her shoulder. "He's already pulling you in,"
"Yes, with Regulus," she turned to the boys. "And I have to go, I don't want to be late,"
"Wait, y/n, Sirius and I need to talk to you,"James demanded.
Y/n felt a bubble of anger build up in her, forcing it not to pop. He wanted to talk to her now? After all of these weeks? After pushing past her in the halls and 'accidentally' spilling ink on her work. After being so ignorant to her?
"Not right now James," y/n said before walking away. "I'd really like it if you stopped talking...now,"
"Told you that was a bad idea," Marlene whispered, not so quietly.
Y/n put on her jacket and jogged to their meeting spot and saw Regulus sitting on the edge of the frozen fountain. Y/n thought he looked handsome and she could tell he had spent a little extra time on his appearance today.
He was wearing black pants, a dark green sweater, and a leather jacket. Y/n thought he looked a lot like Sirius but she quickly shook that idea from her mind. His hair was slicked back and y/n thought that he looked so sophisticated.
Regulus saw her and immediately his tough misdemeanor disappeared and he got up to greet her.
"Sorry, did I keep you waiting?" Y/n asked.
"Not at all," he smiled, offering her his arm. "Is that my sweater?"
"Maybe," she took his arm.
They took the long walk to Hogsmeade, having lots of different conversations. They saw a pair of seventh year students walk faster past them. A Gryffindor girl and a Slytherin boy. Regulus remembered how much shit they got for beginning to date the year prior, it was crazy for Regulus to think that they survived through their troubles.
Then again, that was sort of what he and y/n were doing. The couple grinned at y/n and Regulus as they passed by before whispering to themselves. That thought led him to many other thoughts. Such as what he and y/n were, what they could be, what he wanted them to be.
"You okay?" Y/n asked him. "You've been really quiet,"
"Yeah, sorry, just thinking," he smiled at his friend.
They got to Hogsmeade and started looking around at all the different stores. Regulus enjoyed watching as y/n's face lit up every time she saw something she liked. They walked into a store and y/n started going all over the place trying to find the perfect gifts.
Regulus had tried to tell her that his parents didn't need a gift but she insisted. She ended up getting them a relic of Salazar Slytherin and two front row tickets to a wizard play. She got her parents a set of rare spices that she knew they would love.
"I suppose I'll get James and Sirius gifts, but I won't let them know it's from me, I'll let them think it's from Santa," y/n told Regulus.
"Two things, one: Sometimes I think you should've been a Hufflepuff because of how nice you are," Regulus laughed. "And two, do they really still believe in Santa?"
"Uhm, yeah, kinda," she laughed. "Now I need you to stand right here really quickly while I get you something. I don't want you to see it!"
Regulus laughed as he watched y/n jog to find his gift. She quickly went to where she found the item a little bit before.
She got him two things, one to give in front of his parents and one for just the two of them. For the first gift, she got him a custom suit that she had pre ordered. It was all black with green trim and a dark green waistcoat. She thought it would look amazing on him.
Then she found exactly what she was looking for: a record player and a record of the song Iris. She used the quill that the store offered and wrote a long message on the inside before gathering up her gifts and heading back to Regulus.
She ended up getting James a new broom and Sirius a new motorcycle helmet, a few muggle books for Remus and Lily, and a guitar for Peter. He had said he wanted to take it up, but was too embarrassed to get one himself. And lastly, a necklace for Marlene.
When she got to the front of the store, Regulus was there waiting for her.
"Do you still need to get gifts?" She asked.
"Nah, I did it in twenty minutes while waiting for you," he bragged.
Y/n stuck her tongue out at him and they continued on their journey.
They walked into the Three Broomsticks to get some butterbeer, once they ordered, they went to find a seat in the crowded restaurant.
"Black! Potter! Over here!" It was the boy from the couple earlier, waving them over.
The girl moved from across from the boy to next to him, making room for y/n and Regulus on the other side.
They slid into the booth and smiled at the pair.
"Looked like you guys were drowning out there," the girl smiled. "My name is Ellie Walker, this is Cayden Malord,"
The Slytherin boy nodded and said hello.
"Thanks for helping us," y/n smiled at them.
"Of course," Cayden said. "It's so nice to see another inter house couples,"
Regulus was about to say something but the couple looked so happy to have found people similar to them so y/n whacked his leg underneath the table to warn him. He gave her a subtle look and seemed to understand before they both looked back at the couple, both smiling.
"Walker," y/n thought about the name. "How do I know that name?"
"My sister, Ally, said that she's run into you a couple of times," Ellie explained.
"The girl from Halloween!" Y/n turned to Regulus.
"Yeah, she's actually the one who told us about you two. She said that you guys really complemented each other," Ellie smiled.
"Well, we were actually about to go, but we wanted to let you know that if anyone ever gives you shit, just come to one of us, okay?" Cayden said. "Oh, and I'm assuming we will be seeing you all at your cousin's wedding party?"
He was motioning to Regulus.
"Well be there," Regulus said.
The couple walked away, hand in hand, and y/n turned to face Regulus.
"They were nice," she said, trying to ignore the fact that they thought Regulus and her were a couple.
"Yeah, I've seen Cayden around the Slytherin dorms, seems nice enough,"
A server came over with their drinks and placed a note down next to them.
Y/n and Regulus looked at each other before Regulus picked up the note and read it aloud.
"Just so y'all know, there's a group of creepy looking fellows who have been staring y'all down," Regulus read the note.
Y/n lifted her head, pretending to drink her butterbeer and looked around the shop. When she spotted the exact group she expected to see, she was filled with anger. They were sitting in the corner, peeking over an abnormally large newspaper. When they saw her staring, they immediately hid even more.
"No way," Regulus grimaced when he saw them. "Wanna go back to Hogwarts?"
"No, I'm not letting them ruin our day," she turned to him. "I'm having fun,"
"So wanna go to another store? There was a small bookstore I kind of wanted to check out," he hoped y/n didn't hear how nervous he sounded.
He was nervous now, knowing that people saw them as a couple, and now he had to worry about their deranged brothers.
They left the restaurant, leaving a generous tip for the server, and headed to the bookstore. It was certainly small on the outside, but once they walked inside, it was humongous.
Regulus started getting dragged up and down the rows of books by y/n. She stopped every so often when she saw a book on her list. Regulus admired her focused face as she read the back of the books. He thought she looked beautiful. He always thought she looked beautiful.
"Hello?" Y/n waved her hand in front of his face. "Are you listening?"
"What? Yeah," Regulus snapped out of it.
"So do you think I should get it?" She asked, pointing to the book she was holding.
"Yeah, if you really want it," he said.
She looked at the book, many different emotions going through her face.
"It's fine, I've read it several times from the Hogwarts library," she resentfully put the book back on the shelf. "I guess I have enough books,"
She continued her walk down the isles and Regulus grabbed the book off the shelf. It was a muggle book, Romeo and Juliet.
"Y/n," he called out to her, hiding the book behind his back. "I'm going to go find a book, I'll be right back,"
"Alright, there's a little reading nook right here that I'll be at," she smiled. "Don't be too long,"
He smiled at her as she trotted over to a rocking chair. Regulus went over to the register and got the book. He had a week until Christmas and planned to annotate it with things he thought she may like. He went back to where y/n was and saw her asleep in the rocking chair.
It was magically rocking itself and Regulus assumed the movement rocked her to sleep. Suddenly her eyes fluttered open and she smiled when she saw him.
"Can you read me a story?" She asked. "Like when I was in the hospital wing?"
Regulus nodded and she scooched over to make room for him on the chair. He moved down next to her and tried to get comfortable. Y/n moved his arm to be around her to be more comfortable. She leaned into his side and motioned for him to start.
Regulus started reading from where y/n left off and not ten minutes later, she was passed out in his arms. Soon after, Regulus fell asleep as well, laying his head on top of y/n's.
The Marauders ran up to the reading nook where y/n and Regulus were. It was Sirius's original idea to follow them to Hogsmeade. Remus told them it was a horrible idea but James forced him and Peter to come along, knowing that y/n wouldn't hurt them if they were there.
They had started out pretty well, keeping a distance and going into stores across the road. But once y/n spotted them at the Three Broomsticks, they thought it was over. But to their surprise, y/n paid them no mind and continued enjoying her time with Regulus. It baffled the two, having never seen y/n ignore their antics before. Normally, she'd blow up at them for invading her privacy but this time, she just ignored them.
When they followed them into the bookstore, they got lost at how big it was. Then they saw the two asleep in the rocking chair together.
"Guys, I think we should head back to Hogwarts," Remus told them. "You two have done enough today. Can't you see they're happy?"
"But...y/n hasn't spoken to us in forever!" James complained.
"Yeah? Well no offense you two, but who's fault is that?" Remus turned to Sirius. "You got drunk out of your mind and started a fight with your own brother!"
"And when one of your best friends tried to stop you from ruining your relationship with your brother even more, what did you do? Beat her to near death," Remus continued.
"But-" Sirius got cut off by Remus.
"No, you don't get to speak right now," Remus turned to James. "And you, her big brother, the person she has always looked up to, chose someone over her. It doesn't matter who you chose or why you chose them, because she's your sister. You should've chosen her. And then you're furious for a month when she doesn't choose you. That's not fair,"
The boys looked at Remus, shocked at what he was saying. He was finally putting them in their place.
"Now let's get back before you ruin the one good thing in either of their lives right now," Remus dragged two of the boys back down to the main level of the book store, Peter trailing behind.
When Regulus woke up, the sun was about to set. He leaned off of y/n and looked around, trying to remember where he was. When he saw y/n rubbing her eyes to wake up, he smiled to himself at how cute she looked.
"What time is it?" She asked.
"Uhm, not sure but we should head back," Regulus said.
She nodded and slowly stood up. Regulus followed in suit and cast a spell on all of the presents they bought that sent them right to their respective dorms. Regulus offered y/n his arm with a smile and she linked arms with him. When they walked out of the book store, they saw lots and lots of Hogwarts students running around.
    They tried their best to ignore the stares they got from some people who hadn't seen their blossoming friendship, when they both felt a tap on their shoulder. It was a friendly looking reporter.
    "Excuse me, but I was wondering if I could take a quick picture of the two of you for my article on Hogwarts students at Christmas?" The reporter smiled.
    They looked at each and nodded.
    "Uhm, yeah, sure," Regulu spoke for the sleepy girl.
    They posed, y/n leaning into him, Regulus's arm around her shoulder, both with huge smiles on their faces. The reporter took the photo and smiled.
    "Thank you so much, have a good day!" She said before running off.
    "That was odd," y/n laughed.
    Regulus agreed and they continued on their journey home. When they got back to Hogwarts, Regulus walked her back to the Gryffindor dorms.
    "I had a lot of fun today," y/n smiled at her friend.
    "Yeah. Let's do it again sometime," he smiled back.
    Y/n opened her arms up for a hug and he wrapped her up. They hugged tightly before pulling away slightly. They were still close and connected but they were staring into each other's eyes. They both started leaning in, the force of their bodies bringing them closer. Their lips were about to connect when the Gryffindor painting opened up and Marlene came out. The two pulled their faces away, embarrassed.
    Marlene looked between the two, her eyes widening at the realization.
    "Oh my God!" She yelled. "Wait, I'll leave. Continue! I was never here,"
    She ran back in.
    Y/n and Regulus burst out laughing, trying to cover up how embarrassed they were.
    "I guess I'll see you tomorrow," y/n said.
    "Yeah, my parents are sending a flying carriage for us tomorrow," Regulus warned her.
    "I'm still so excited!" She smiled at him, giving him one last hug before heading into the common room. "Good night, Reg,"
    "Good night, y/n" Regulus went back to his dorm.
    When y/n walked in, and searched for her friend.
    "There she is!" Marlene ran up to her. "Did you guys kiss?!"
    "Not after you interrupted," y/n scoffed.
    "I'm so sorry!" She said. "Please forgive me!"
    Y/n walked over to where Lily was sitting and lounged down next to her.
    "How was your date? Minus Marlene interrupting your kiss," Lily laughed.
    "It wasn't really a date, I don't think at least," y/n admitted. "We just went Christmas shopping and grabbed a butterbeer,"
    "Did anything interesting happen?" Marlene waggled her eyebrows.
    "Not really, we did fall asleep though," y/n laughed.
    She could see the confused looks on their faces so she explained what happened.
    "THAT'S SO CUTE!" Marlene yelled.
    "He read you to sleep! That's the cutest thing I have ever heard!" Lily gushed.
    "Yeah, it was really nice," y/n smiled.
    "Aww, you're blushing!"
    "Am not," y/n stuck her tongue out. "Oh, but a reporter asked to take a picture of us for her article,"
    "You're going to make me explode from singleness," Marlene sighed.
    Y/n smiled and thought about that day.
    It was the most fun both she and Regulushad had in a long time.
    Couldn't say the same for the Marauders.
͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽