Chapter Twenty-Two: Expelled? Maybe. (Kind of a filler chapter)

͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽
The week leading up to the Yule Ball was hectic as can be. Y/n was currently stuck at dancing practice, having zero interest in relearning the steps she'd been taught as a kid. She leaned against the wall, watching as the fourth years stepped on each other's feet, falling over left and right. She and Regulus had missed practice for the sixth years because they were busy flying around the campus grounds and in turn, had to go to practice with the fourth years. Y/n had tried to sweet talk her way out of it but McGonagall wasn't buying it.
    "Alright! Enough of that, stop, stop!" McGonagall yelled. "We need someone to demonstrate. Any volunteers?"
    Obviously, no one answered. Y/n looked across the room to the boys side where Regulus was standing. He looked extremely bored. When he made eye contact with her, he sent her a wink which she returned with a grin.
    "Miss Potter, Mr. Black, since you two thought you were good enough to skip your own practice, how about you two give it a go?" McGonagall asked, raising an eyebrow.
    Y/n pushed herself off of the wall and strutted into the center of the dance floor. She had full faith in their dancing capabilities. Regulus pushed through the fourth years that annoyed him profusely and stepped up towards y/n.
    The music started and Regulus bowed which y/n returned with a curtsy. He offered her his hand and they took off. They swayed to the music, repeating the steps that went with the song. The steps were perfect, as if the two had danced at a million balls together. It reminded Regulus of their dancing in the woods. Their voices being the only source of music they had. The rain falling down, soaking them completely. Their dancing was more careless, free spirited, than what they were doing now.
    The music stopped and everyone clapped for them.
    "I suppose you were good enough to skip," McGonagall laughed. "Now, did everyone see how they were dancing as partners? They were not two weeds fighting for space in the garden. They worked together to make art,"
    "So can we go?" Regulus asked.
    "No, Mr. Black, you and Miss Potter will help me teach them," she motioned to the fourth years around her.
    Y/n sighed and she and Regulus started teaching. After another hour of exhaustion, when they stopped tripping over each other's feet and started dancing decently enough to please McGonagall, she finally let them go. The fourth years rushed out of there but y/n and Regulus took their time.
    "Wanna take a walk?" Regulus asked her.
    "Sure Reg," y/n laced her fingers through his.
    They were walking peacefully around the campus, talking about how they were glad that their professors hadn't given them any homework, when Ally and Riley came running up.
    "Y/n!" Riley practically yelled.
    "Oh hey, I didn't know y'all were friends," y/n commented.
    "Besides the point," Ally said.
    They had frantic looks on their faces. Y/n was getting worried. She tightened her grip on Regulus's hand and looked at him quickly.
    "What's going on?" She asked.
    "It's your brother," Riley looked at Ally. "And Snape,"
    "What did they do?" Regulus asked.
    "Just follow us," Riley took off running, Ally right behind her.
    Y/n and Regulus took off after them, trying to keep up with their unexpected quickness. They were heading to the entryway to the woods. When they came over, there was a large group of students surrounding what y/n assumed was a fist fight.
    "Get out of my fucking way!" Y/n pushed through the crowd, dragging Regulus behind her.
    When she broke through, she saw Severus lying on the ground, face bloodied, with James on top of him, punching repeatedly.
    "James! Stop!" Y/n screamed. "Do you ever listen to Mom?"
    She ran towards him and tried to pull him off but James swatted her away. Regulus wrapped his arms around James' torso and pulled him off.
    "What the hell James! You wanna get expelled in your last year? C'mon, you're almost done, then you won't have to see him ever again," y/n consoled him.
    "Do you know what he fucking said?!" James half yelled.
    That was the first thing he had said to her in a while. People were watching as Severus tried to get up but Regulus kicked him back down and put his foot on top of his chest.
    "Stay," Regulus demanded.
    "He called Lily a slutty mudblood," James whispered to her.
    That set y/n off. Lily was her best friend and ANYONE who disrespected her deserved to die. Y/n looked up and saw Lily sitting against a tree, crying into her hands.
    "Go take care of her. I've got Snivellus," y/n said.
    James nodded and went over to Lily, taking her into his arms. Y/n didn't hesitate to pounce on Snape. She resumed James' punishment and slammed her curled fist into his already bloody face. The people around her gasped, no one had ever seen y/n hurt anyone. She always held in her anger. But there she was, trying her hardest to kill Severus Snape.
    She heard someone take a picture but didn't even care to look to see who took it.
    "Miss Potter!" Someone yelled. "Stop!"
    It was Dumbledore. Y/n looked up, finally dispersing from her trance and saw everyone staring at her, horrified. Except for Regulus. He was looking at her like she was the only thing in the world. He had a small smile on his face. His gaze shifted to meet hers and he smiled, shaking his head.
    "Miss Potter, come with me at this instant. And someone please take Mr. Snape to the hospital wing," Dumbledore demanded.
    "Find me when you get out," Regulus whispered when she walked by him.
    Y/n nodded and followed Dumbledore with her shoulders back and head held high all the way to his office, ignoring the stares and whispers she got. She wasn't ashamed of what she did. Not at all. In fact, she was proud of it. She stood in front of Dumbledore's desk, waiting as he sat down.
    "You do understand the tough position you have put me in, correct?" Dumbledore asked. "I can't expel you, but I can't just let you off. After all, you are one of Hogwart's champions, you must be a good example,"
    "I do understand. But what I don't understand is why Snape isn't in here right besides me. He's also one of the champions. Shouldn't he be setting a good example by not calling someone a slutty mudblood?" Y/n asked, her voice rising with each word.
    Dumbledore watched the girl, his eyes curious as she clenched her hands tightly. He stood up and walked over to a bookshelf, pulling out a photo album. He opened in on his desk to a page. It was younger him next to a bright and cheerful looking Hufflepuff student. The student looked vaguely familiar but she couldn't pin from where.
    "Do you know who that is?" Dumbledore asked her.
    "No?" Y/n was confused.
    "Her name is Astrid," He looked at her. "Astrid Coleman,"
    "As in..."
    "Your mother, yes,"
    "I didn't know she went here,"
    "She got expelled in her fourth year. She got into a fight with another student. He called her friend a mudblood and she did exactly what you did today,"
    "She beat the shit out of him?" Y/n asked.
    "No!" He laughed. "She stood up for her friend. She took a smarter approach though, she used a couple of spells,"
    Y/n watched the moving picture. The girl stood there, next to Dumbledore, her grin staring back at y/n.
    "I think that what is best for everyone is for you to apologize to Severus and he will apologize to Miss Evans," Dumbledore offered.
    "Alright, I'll apologize. But I won't mean it," y/n huffed.
    Dumbledore nodded at her and she went down to the hospital wing. Snape was covered in bandages from head to toe.
    "Snape," y/n greeted him.
    "Potter," he grumbled.
    "I want to apologize for beating you up," y/n told him.
    Snape rolled his eyes.
    "Figured you wouldn't accept it. That's why I'm going to help you,"
    "What can you possibly help me with?"
    "Well, have you opened the egg yet? Without the screaming, I mean,"
    "No," he answered hesitantly.
    "Open it underwater, put your head underwater too, to listen to it. You'll be able to understand,"
    "I-uhm, thank you," he mumbled.
    "So I can tell Dumbledore you accept my apology?"
    "Fine,"
    Y/n nodde, leaving their short conversation at just that. Short. She started walking the halls, wanting to end up at the Gryffindor castle. But instead she ended up in the kitchens. Y/n had learned how to get into the kitchens early during her second year, after following a Hufflepuff around for a week straight to figure out where they got all of their extra snacks.
    Y/n walked through the kitchen and ended up making cookies. She didn't know why. It just happened. She ended up making seven dozen cookies. She placed all of them into a magical container that had an endless bottom, leaving two dozen for the house elves with a note thanking them. She stepped out of the kitchen and almost ran into Ally.
    "Oh! I'm sorry," y/n apologized.
    "Y/n!" Ally hugged her. "They didn't expel you!"
    "Yeah, I got lucky," y/n hugged her back before letting go. "Thank you for telling me about what was going on. If Dumbledore had seen James fighting, he would've kicked him out immediately,"
    "I guess you deserve to be a Gryffindor because that was really a brave thing to do,"
    "Was there a chance that you thought I wasn't Gryffindor?" Y/n laughed.
    "Yes, actually, for a while I thought you were a Slytherin," she giggled. "Anyways, I'll be going. I'm glad they didn't expel you though,"
    Y/n watched as the second year skipped into the kitchen, humming a tune only she knew. Y/n walked to the Gryffindor common room, placing the cookies on the table, taking a couple for Lily. She trudged up to Lily's dorm and found James hugging her in her bed.
    "Hey," she said softly.
    They both looked up and when they saw her, relief flooded their eyes. Lily jumped up, James following in suit, and she engulfed y/n in a hug.
    "I love you so much," she whispered. "You're the best friend I could ask for,"
    Y/n pulled away and handed her a cookie.
    "I know, that's why I made you cookies," she grinned.
    "Sis, in all honesty, thanks for taking the blame," James said.
    "No worries, you would've gotten expelled if they knew it was you," y/n laughed.
    James and Lily looked at each other and smiled.
    "Should we do it now?" Lily asked.
    "Whatever you want. We can," he smiled softly at her wrapping his arm around her.
    "Tell me what?" Y/n cocked an eyebrow.
    "Well, we wanted you to be the first to know, after all you are basically a sister to me," Lily said.
    "Yeah, basically a sister to me too," James joked.
    Y/n knew he was kidding, playing off of Lily's words but it kind of hurt, like he was saying she wasn't his sister. James saw as y/n's face shifted slightly as she turned her attention to Lily.
    "What's going on?" Y/n asked.
    "Well, y/n, I'm pregnant!" Lily explained.
    Y/n's face dropped, she stared at the wide eyed and open mouthed. She was frozen there for a second before almost choking Lily in a hug. She started tearing up against Lily's shoulder, gripping her as tightly as possible.
    After a few seconds, she pulled away and looked at James, who was grinning crazily. She looked back at Lily and hugged her again, less deadly than the last one.
    "This isn't a joke, right?" She asked.
    "No, it's not a joke!" Lily laughed.
    "That was the first thing I asked too," James laughed.
    "Oh, my God, I'm gonna be an aunt," y/n sat down, trying to process it. "I'm gonna be an aunt!"
    The couple laughed at her cheering and Sirius peered in and grinned.
    "What's all this yelling for?" He asked.
    "I'm gonna be an aunt!" Y/n got up and danced around the room.
    "What?!" Sirius's eyes widened.
    "Yeah, Lily's pregnant," James said.
    Sirius joined in y/n's dancing, only he cheered: 'I'm going to be an uncle!'.    Sirius suddenly stopped and grabbed y/n by the shoulders.
    "Wait, I heard you were expelled?" He questioned. "Why are you still here?"
    "Nah, she got away with it," James bragged.
    "What the hell did you do?"
    "She beat up Severus," Lily laughed.
    "Oh shit! Hell yeah, mini Potter!" Sirius cheered. "This is a great day! You guys are pregnant and y/n isn't getting expelled!"
    "Where'd you even hear that?" Y/n asked.
    "Oh, I was supposed to tell you, Reg is looking for you," Sirius said. "He's worried you actually did get kicked out,"
    "Oh shit, I was supposed to go find him!" Y/n looked at James and Lily.
    She ran up and engulfed them both in a huge hug.
    "I'm so happy for you guys. You'll be great parents," she smiled.
    "We know," James smirked.
    "Yeah, now go find Regulus and make our baby a friend," Lily winked.
    "Yeah right, I don't think babies are made from just kissing," y/n laughed.
    She hugged them goodbye one last time and gave Sirius a side hug before running to go find Regulus. She thought he would be in the Great Hall of the Slytherin common rooms but she couldn't find him in either of those places. She took two laps around the whole school, making her legs burn, but still hadn't even caught a glimpse of him.
    "I give up!" She huffed to herself.
    She saw a nearby tree that was completely frozen, the branches decorated with hanging crystals. She suddenly felt exhausted and decided to go take a rest. She sat down after clearing away a bit of snow to reveal the grass and laid her head against the trunk of the tree, soaking in the cold. She hadn't thought it would take that long to find him and was slightly freezing from the snowy ground, but she didn't mind. It made her feel one with nature, at peace. She didn't remember falling asleep, but when she woke up, she was met inches away from Regulus's face.
    "Hey Sleeping Beauty," he grinned.
    "That's a muggle story," she noted.
    "Am I not allowed to know muggle stories?" He asked, his tone slightly off, as he reached his hand out for her to take.
    "No, that's not what I meant," she took his hand, pulling herself up. "Just noticed, is all,"
    She looked at his side profile as they started walking. His face was clenched in thought, the skin in between his eyebrows scrunched up. His eyes that were normally soft towards her, were hard and serious. Y/n grabbed his hand softly and his head turned to her slightly.
    "Is everything okay?" She asked him.
    "Hm? Yeah, I'm alright," he squeezed her hand. "Don't worry about it,"
    "Reg, you know you can tell me anything, right?" She asked.
    "There's nothing to tell," he said, sharper than he needed to.
    "Oh, sorry," she mumbled.
    Something was off about him but she didn't want to pry. He was probably just thinking about a letter he got from his family or something. Nothing big. Right?
  ͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽