Chapter seven: The hospital wing

͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽
Regulus searched the Ravenclaw team to see who hit the bludger at her after she won the practice game. Instead of finding a player, he saw Snape in the stands with his wand out, an evil grin on his face.
    "Snape!" Regulus fumed.
    "What does Snape have to do with anything?" Caius asked.
    "He sent that bludger towards y/n with a spell or something," Regulus explained.
    His friends, who didn't particularly like Snape, scowled with him. The three of them ran down, Regulus to find y/n and Caius and Evan to find Snape. Suddenly Regulus ran right into a body. It was James Potter. He had an angry look on his face.
    "Black," he said sternly, Sirius and Remus showed up behind him.
    "Yeah, enough of our feud for right now. Snape is the one who sent the bludger at y/n. I saw him with his wand out," Regulus explained.
    James' prior hostile look towards Regulus went away and an angry one replaced it. All of the Marauders looked like they were about to kill someone. Regulus was just happy that it wasn't aimed at him for once.
    "Where is he?" James asked.
    "Follow me," Regulus led them to where Snape was laughing with a couple of seventh year Slytherins. "Snape,"
    Snape looked over at Regulus and frowned.
    "There he is, oh and look, he brought his girlfriend's friends," Snape said.
    Regulus's only response was a punch straight in between the eyes. That broke out a fight between the two groups.
    Regulus got pinned to the floor by Snape and punched in the face repeatedly. He kneed him in the gut and flipped their positions, only to be pulled apart by someone. The rest was a blur. They all got lectured by Professor McGonagall and sent on their way.
    "Black," James looked at Regulus. "I still hate you but that was pretty cool of you,"
    He walked away without saying another word.
    Regulus ran to the hospital wing to check on y/n. When y/n saw him come bursting into the hospital wing, she burst into a huge, goofy, grin.
    "Y/n," Regulus walked towards her.
    "Mr. Black, are you here to see Miss Potter?" Madam Pomfrey asked.
    "Yeah, how is she?" He asked.
    "Well, I had to give her some medicine that seemed to make her a little...what's the right word for it?" She asked herself. "Odd?"
    "What do you mean by odd?" Regulus looked over at y/n nervously.
    She still had that same goofy smile on her face and waved. He waved back and turned to Madam Pomfrey.
    "Go on and see her," she smiled kindly.
    Regulus went over and sat down in a chair next to y/n's bed.
    "Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked softly, as to not give her a headache.
    She giggled and hid her face.
    "What're you doing?" Regulus asked.
    Y/n grabbed his face and pulled Regulus's ear near her mouth.
    "Shhh," she said. "Don't tell him. But there's a guy here that I think is cute,"
    She let go of his face and giggled again. He raised his eyebrows and looked around the hospital wing. There was nobody else there, other than Madam Pomfrey.
    "Y/n who- oh," he grinned at her. "Do you mean me?"
    "Shh! I don't want him to see me,"
    "Okay," he laughed. "I won't say anything. Do you need anything? Water or food?"
    Y/n thought for a minute, playing with her hands. It seemed that she got distracted by her own hands. Regulus chuckled at her childness and grabbed her hands. She looked up at him, mouth wide and eyes sparkling.
    "Lily said that I like Regulus," y/n looked at Regulus, not realizing it was him she was talking to.
    "Oh?" He felt his face heat up.
    Were they really having this conversation now?
    "Well, what did you tell her," he asked,
    "I called her dumb!" She laughed.
    Regulus's face dropped and he let go of her hands. Y/n didn't even notice because of the medicine.
    "But, I think she was smart!" she grinned. "At least this time,"
    Regulus felt his face get even more red.
    "Wh-what are you saying, y/n?" Regulus asked.
    "I do like him! I like his face," she grabbed Regulus's face, squishing it. "And his eyes. And his voice. He listens to me. And his smile,"
    Regulus smiled at her words.
    "See! Look at his pretty smile. I like Regulus a lot. But don't tell him," she ordered him.
    "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me," Regulus told her.
    "I hope he likes me," she looked at her hands again. "But he's a Slytherin and I'm a filthy Gryffindor,"
    She looked upset and was playing with her hands again. Regulus realized what he had done. His words from their first year had stuck with her. Regulus grabbed her hands and looked into her eyes.
    "Y/n, you're not filthy, you're amazing," he told her. "You're the most beautiful person I- I mean, Regulus has ever met, inside and out. And he does like you,"
    Y/n's face lit up.
    "Do you really think so?" She asked.
    "I know so," he smiled at her, finally admitting it to himself felt good. "And I also know you won't remember anything that happens today,"
͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽