Chapter 11: Christmas (part 1)

͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽
When Regulus woke up, he was more nervous than ever. His parents were going to meet y/n and basically decide his future with y/n for him. He knew he liked her a lot, maybe even loved her, and he really wanted his parents to at least like her.
He walked down to where he and y/n were meeting the carriage and saw her waiting there, wearing a fancy outfit, surely to make a good first impression on his parents.
He admired her for a second, watching as she held her suitcase in one hand and was reading a book with the other. He walked over and tapped her on the shoulder, startling her.
"Sorry," he apologized.
"It's fine," she laughed. "I just wasn't expecting that,"
"Here, the carriage is over there, let me take your suitcase," Regulus grabbed her suitcase and they walked over to the carriage.
The butler took the luggage from Regulus and loaded it up, letting the two get in. Regulus stopped with one foot on the steps up to the carriage and looked out at Hogwarts for one last time before the winter break.
He saw the Marauders huddled in a group, waiting for the train. James and him locked eyes and James nodded at him. Regulus was confused and got all of the way into the carriage.
"What's wrong?" Y/n asked him.
"Your brother just nodded at me?" Regulus half laughed,
Y/n shook her head and went back to her book. The majority of the way there was spent by random conversations and lots of laughing. It was late when they landed on the Black manor property, y/n immediately got quieter and started playing with her hands.
"Are you nervous?" Regulus asked, reaching across the carriage and grabbing her hands.
"Aren't you?" She asked quietly.
He was.
"Mr. Black, Ms. Potter," the butler said, opening the carriage doors. "We have arrived,"
Y/n stared in wonder at the beautiful sight before her. The manor was huge. Y/n thought there must've been two hundred rooms from the outside. There was a large fountain in the front with albino peacocks roaming around.
Y/n composed herself when she saw Regulus's parents walking towards them. Regulus led them closer with a hand on y/n's lower back. Y/n bowed when they met in the middle, Regulus's parents returning the favor.
"Father, Mother, this is y/n Potter," Regulus introduced her.
"A pleasure to meet you dear," Mrs. Black smiled coldly at her.
There was nothing warm about the pair. Orion Black looked more like Regulus than Sirius. But y/n thought their genetics were the extent of their similarities. Orion's whole existence scared y/n. His eyes were dead and his lips pursed into a permanent frown. His skin was old and leathery.
"The pleasure is all mine," y/n smiled at Walburga. "Thank you so much for allowing me to stay in your beautiful home,"
They nodded in approval at y/n's manners. Walburga was a spitting image of Sirius. Her large dark brown eyes had a fake kindness. They led y/n and Regulus into the manor. Regulus looped his arm through y/n's as they walked behind his parents.
"You're doing great, they seem to like you," Regulus whispered to y/n.
"How can you tell?" She joked.
"Just trust me," he smiled.
They entered the manor and y/n was even more shocked than before. There was a large marble staircase that greeted them. The whole manor was everything someone could ask for and then some. The butler took Regulus and y/n's jackets and the parents led them to the table for dinner.
"So y/n," Orion started. "What are your views on mudbloods?"
Y/n could hear Regulus stiffle an insult at his father. After his and Sirius's fight on Halloween, he cleared up what Sirius had accused him of to y/n. He did not believe in blood-supremacy, but was faking until he could get away safely.
Y/n made a face at the name but Orion and Walburga saw it as disgust for muggles. They nodded in approval again.
"Good, good," Orion nodded. "You seem to be more of a Slytherin than a Gryffindor.
That was all an act, but y/n smiled instead of arguing.
"I've heard that several times," she said.
"We have been trying to get the Potter family back into our cause for a while. But your parents are quite consistent," Walburga said. "I am certain that you will be of great importance here,"
Y/n wanted to puke. She wanted to stop talking about blood supremacy and just hang out with Regulus.
"I understand that our traitor son stayed with you over the summer," Orion said.
"Yes sir," y/n responded.
"Well, I am glad that you came to your senses and joined us instead of spending the holidays with a traitor," he nodded. "You are welcome here any time,"
Y/n thanked them and they all contributed to the casual conversation. Regulus squeezed her hand under the table and y/n peaked over to see his contained excitement of how things were going. Y/n squeezed his hand back and slipped her fingers in between his own.
Once dinner was over, Regulus took y/n up to her room. When she walked in, her jaw dropped. It was larger than her dorm, which she shared with three other people, and had a beautiful canopy bed in the middle.
"Do you like it?" He asked, laughing.
She turned to him with a fake frown.
"I hate it,"
His smile faltered and she laughed.
"Kidding," she smiled. "It would be a little empty if I had to sleep here alone,"
She was shy all of the sudden and Regulus understood that she was indirectly asking if he wanted to sleep over.
"Well, I could possibly share that emptiness with you," he looked at her. "If you want,"
"Please," she jumped on her bed.
He followed in suit and changed into his panther form. He had become accustomed to sleeping like that, of course under the covers to Caius and Evan wouldn't find out.
"What did your parents mean by asking my parents to join their cause?" Y/n asked.
She knew she wouldn't understand whatever Regulus said if he was still in panther form. Regulus turned back into a human and put his head on y/n's stomach.
"Their cause," he spat, disgusted at the thought. "Serving the dark lord,"
"Who?" Y/n asked.
"We must not say his name. He is notified every time someone says his name," Regulus explained. "He plans on killing all of the muggle witches and wizards, keeping it only pureblood,"
Y/n nodded, understanding.
"Do you...support him?" Y/n asked.
Regulus bolted up and looked at her as if she had three heads.
"No," he said sternly. "I do not,"
"Sorry, you're just so good at hiding it," she admitted. "You had me scared for a moment,"
He nodded, understanding her fear, before opening his arms up for her. She crawled onto him and laid down.
"Does it ever scare you?" She asked, thinking of all of the dark things she imagined the supremacist would do.
"It used to," Regulus admitted. "But Sirius would reassure me. He protected me. Most of the time. When he left, it scared me again. I was scared of what I would do when I left, how people would treat me,"
He turned his grim face to y/n and smiled softly.
"But then we became friends," his eyes were bright with memories. "And now, I'm happier than ever. I don't care what people think about me. And I know what I'll do,"
"And what is that?" She asked.
"I'll tell you later," he smiled. "Let's get some sleep,"
The next day, y/n and Regulus got woken up by a large panther almost suffocating her. It was Regulus and it sent y/n into a laughing fit. Y/n wrote to her mother and father.

Dear Mom and Dad,
How are things with you all? I assume you'll be making courses upon courses of food for the three extra boys in your house this year. I am having a good time here at the Black manor. They did mention something that we must talk about though. I hope Remus and Peter are doing well, it must be horrible having to share a bathroom with James and Sirius. My gifts for all should arrive on Christmas morning to prevent certain people from opening them before Christmas.
With love,
Your daughter, y/n Potter
She wrote four more letters, one to Caius, one to Evan, one to Lily, an one to Marlene. She kept the letters short, expecting more to arrive soon. Just as y/n was about to send her owl off, a separate owl came swooping into her room.
"Whoah, what was that?" Regulus asked, having just walked in.
"An owl, I'm not sure who's," she took the letter away from the owl and read it.

Dear y/n Potter,
I hope this letter reaches you well. I am excited to tell you that Cayden and I will be joining you and Regulus at the Black manor to get ready for the wedding! Cayden's father informed Mr. Black about our acquaintances and invited us over! I can not wait to see you again.
Have a Merry Christmas!
Ellie Walker

"It's from Ellie," y/n smiled. "She and Cayden are coming to get ready with us for your cousin's wedding,"
"Speaking of the wedding, my cousin and his fiancé are here and want to meet you," Regulus sighed.
"Good thing I'm all ready," y/n joked, still in her pajamas.
She cast a spell on herself and looked ready to meet another one of Regulus's family members.
They linked arms like they had one hundred times before and walked down the marble staircase. There was a tall, blonde, long haired man standing with a beautiful woman.
The man looked tired, kinder than Orion, but still unsettling. The woman spotted Regulus and y/n and ran to tackle Regulus in a hug.
"Regulus, my favorite baby cousin," she smiled.
"Sissy, I'm not a baby," Regulus said.
The man stepped forward and held out his hand for y/n to shake, introducing himself as Lucius Malloy and the woman as Narcissia. Y/n shook his hand gladly and they both looked at the woman holding Regulus hostage in a hug.
"Should we stop her? He doesn't seem to like it very much," Lucius said.
"It's alright, he can suffer for a bit," y/n half-laughed.
With that, Narcissia turned to y/n and tackled her in the same crushing hug. This time, Regulus greeted Lucius and laughed at y/n's distressed look.
"My future cousin in law!" She squealed. "You're so cute!"
Regulus stopped laughing immediately when she said 'future cousin in law'. His face got bright red and he coughed.
"Let's go have some girl time while the boys catch up," Narcissia pulled y/n away. "Sorry, to steal your girl, Reggie,"
Now it was y/n's turn for her face to get red. Narcissa dragged her to the back gardens, which y/n had yet to explore.
"Now, I want to know EVERYTHING about you and Reggie. How did you meet? Was it love at first sight? Is he a good kisser?" Narcissa asked.
"Uhm, we're not dating?" Y/n offered.
"You're not? But you look like a love match! The way he looks at you," Narcissa said. "Doesn't matter, I still want to know everything,"
"Okay, uhm, well, we met first year, on the train and we were friends. But then something happened, I'm not really sure what, and he hated me," y/n laughed. "And this year, we'll, I don't know, we're prefects together and everything just lined up right and we became friends,"
"Just friends?" She wiggled her eyebrows. She reminded y/n of Marlene. "Are you sure?"
"Not really," y/n admitted. "But that's what we are right now,"
The two girls talked for a little while and y/n decided she liked Narcissia.
͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽