Chapter 14: Triwizard tournament (part one)

͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽
Y/n cherished the pinecone smells around her as she walked through the hallways. She was going to be late for the 'big' announcement that Dumbledore was making. But y/n didn't care, it was probably about some alumni coming back to teach. When y/n walked into the dining hall, she saw that the Hogwarts houses were congregated to two of the four tables. Occupying the other two tables were students from Beauxbatons and...Drumstrang.
    Y/n felt her eyes go wide when she saw the boys from Drumstrang. She wanted so desperately to look for her brothers but how would she even know if she saw them? She wouldn't. So she didn't bother to turn her head to them.
    "Ah, Ms. Potter," Professor Dumbledore addressed her in front of everyone. "There you are,"
    Y/n felt her face go red. She was expecting to get in trouble. But would Dumbledore do that in front of these other schools? Probably. But why were these schools here?
    "Would you please come up to the podium and welcome the wizarding schools of Drumstrang and Beauxbatons to Hogwarts for the Triwizard tournament," Cumbledore motioned for her to come up to the podium.
    The Triwizard tournament. Y/n knew everything about it. Of course she did. Her mother, Euphemia, had won just sixty years ago. Her mother had told James and her all about the tournament and y/n had always wanted to win. It happened every couple of years. No one knew when it was coming. Now y/n had to welcome Drumstrang and Beauxbatons. But she was a sixth year? Why would Dumbledore have her welcome them? Wouldn't he have a seventh year do it?
    Y/n walked up to the podium, crossing in between a table with the Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs and the other with Drumstrang. She struggled to keep her eyes forward, wanting to look at the Gryffindors for James and the Drumstrang boys to look for her other brothers.
    When she got to the podium, she quickly feared what she would say. But when she looked down, there was a piece of paper with a short script.
    "Good morning my fellow witches and wizards. I am y/n Potter, a student here at Hogwarts. It is my honor to welcome the fierce Beauxbaton girls and the strong Drumstrang boys to my fellow Hogwarts classmates. We offer our home to you with open hands," y/n spoke. "I am also pleased to announce that the Gryffindor quidditch team,"
    Y/n stopped and looked at Dumbledore with wide eyes. He nodded at her with a smile, to urge her to continue.
    "The Gryffindor quidditch team will be playing the first in the world, Drumstrang quidditch team in a friendly match tomorrow morning," y/n said excitedly.
    When she finished, everyone clapped and cheered, eager to hear what Dumbledore had to say next. Y/n went and sat down next to Lily at the table, keeping her ears alert for what Dumbledore would say next.
    "You knew?" Lily asked.
    "No, I was just late, I was so confused," y/n half laughed.
    Lily smiled at her and leaned her head on her shoulder, tired. Y/n instinctively turned to find James, to rub it in that Lily was leaning on her and when she made eye contact with him, her smile slightly faltered, remembering the last interactions she'd had with him. When he saw her, he was surprised but smiled at her. She softened her face and turned back around. She was still mad at him.
    "The goblet of fire will be open for anyone seventeen and above to put their name in until tonight, when we draw names. Now, remember, if your name gets chosen, you can not opt out. So do so wisely," Dumbledore said. "And with that, let the feast begin!"
    Tons of food appeared on the tables and everyone dug in.
    "Y/n, I read all of the books you got me! I love them!" Lily gushed.
    Y/n heard someone choke on their food. She looked up from her plate and saw Remus sitting across from her. He wasn't eating, despite a delicious looking piece of chocolate cake in front of him. Instead, he was staring at her.
    "What, do I have something on my face?" Y/n asked.
    "No, I just," he paused thinking of what to say.
    Y/n and him hadn't spoken since they came back from Christmas break, despite having many classes together.
    "I just realized. It was you," Remus said. "You got all of those presents for us,"
    He meant the presents she had gotten all of the boys for Christmas. She hadn't put a name on their packages of who they were from. She didn't want her brother to know.
    "Surprise?" She shrugged.
    "Well thank you, y/n," Remus smiled at her. "I'll make sure to tell the boys,"
    "So Marlene," y/n addressed the girl. "Do you think you'll put your name in?"
    Y/n thought that Marlene was the most likely out of all of her friends to put her name in. She was also the only one old enough, other than James.
    "God no! Do you know how dangerous that is? Like everyone almost dies," she said.
    "Would you do it y/n?" Remus asked.
    "I would if I was old enough," y/n sighed.
    The day went on and everyone was buzzing about the tournament. Y/n made her way to the Slytherin dorms, Caius letting her in.
    "Quite a speech you made today," Evan said when she walked into their dorm room.
    "Quite an entrance too," Regulus smirked. "Was being late part of the plan?"
    "Shut it you two," y/n rolled her eyes. "I didn't even know I was saying the speech,"
    "Dumbledore just threw it on you?" Caius asked.
    "Unfortunately,"
    "Kinda a dick move," Evan said. "Y'know in front of the other schools,"
    Y/n and Regulus made eye contact. He knew what she was thinking. About Drumstrang being there. About Dumbledore knowing her truth.
    "A total dick move," y/n flopped down on Regulus's bed next to him. "I wish we could put our names in. I feel like I would win,"
    "Are you crazy? You'd get killed in the first round!" Evan laughed.
    "Would not!" Y/n stuck her tongue out at him.
    "Are you excited for the game tomorrow?" Caius changed the topic. "It'll be the first time Slytherin will cheer for the Gryffindors,"
    "You guys don't cheer for me?" Y/n faked being hurt.
    "Well, we do. I meant the whole house of Slytherins," Caius said.
    "Speaking of the game, I need to get to practice. We're practicing for the rest of the day," y/n grinned. "We're gonna win,"
    "Against the best team in the world? Yeah right," Evan laughed.
    "We'll win, just you watch," y/n ran off to practice.
    She was the first on there so she started warming up, doing laps around the pitch. They had to share the pitch with the Drumstrang boys, who were already there.
    "You are the girl who made the speech this morning, right?" A Drumstrang boy started flying next to her. "Y/n Potter, right?"
    Y/n looked at him, his dark skin popping against his red uniform.
    "Yeah, might I ask who I'm talking to?" Y/n asked.
    "Sorry, my name is Linus Patrum," he said.
    "Pleasure to meet you,"
    "To you as well,"
    "Are you going to put your name into the goblet?" Linus asked in his thick Swedish accent.
    "I want to. But I'm only a fifth year," y/n said.
    "A shame. You would have done well,"
    "I appreciate that, but I know you're trying to do," y/n smirked. "Trying to size up the competition. Get our secrets? Not going to work,"
    "Worth a shot," he started flying back to his team. "For the record, I wasn't kidding. You seem strong, you would do well in the tournament,"
    "It looks like only one of the Hogwarts players is determined enough to beat us!" A Drumstrang boy laughed.
    "Nope, we all are," a voice came. "And we will beat you,"
    It was Julian Wood. The Gryffindor quidditch captain. He was the best of the best. Already getting scouted out for professional teams. Behind him was the rest of the team, ready to start practice.
    Julian flew up to y/n and floated beside her.
    "Our seeker, here," Julian put an arm around y/n. "Was just being extra prepared to kick your arses in tomorrows game,"
    "Seeker, huh?" Linus inquired. "Looks like I'll be up to a challenge tomorrow,"
    Y/n kept a scary look on her face, trying to intimidate the Drumstrang boys. She and James had an unspoken agreement during practice. They were silent but acted like a team. Like siblings.
    "Potters! Over here!" Julian called them over once the sun set, ending practice. "You all were on fire today! Keep that up tomorrow and we may have a shot tomorrow,"
    He patted them on the back and walked away, smiling. Y/n looked at her brother. He looked like he wanted to say something but before he could, she spotted Linus walking away.
    "I have to go," she told her brother. "I need to ask someone something,"
    She ran after Linus, leaving her brother standing there.
    "Linus," she said, getting his attention.
    "On a first name basis, are we?" He laughed.
    "Shut it, I just forgot your last name," she said. "I have a question for you,"
    "I have an answer. Maybe," he said.
    "Do you know anyone with the last name of Rowle?" She asked.
    "I do. The twins. Lundin and Eliasson. Seventh years," he said. "Quite popular with the ladies. But I didn't know that Hogwarts girls have already found out about them,"
    "What? No, it wasn't for that,"
    "What was it for, might I ask?"
    "Nothing," she said.
    "Come on, you can't say that and not tell me,"
    "Y/n, we have to go. Dinner will be over soon," James stood next to her.
    "You're right," she looked at Linus one last time. "Goodbye,"
    The Potters walked in silence for a couple of minutes before James spoke.
    "I'm sorry, y/n," he said. "What I said to you was horrible and you're my sister. You didn't deserve to feel like that,"
    "You shouldn't be apologizing," y/n sighed. "I should. I put you in that situation. It wasn't fair,"
    "So are we cool?"
    "I'm cool. You're still a loser," y/n smiled.
    "Oh please, I'm the cool one,"
    "Are you going to put your name into the goblet?" Y/n changed the subject.
    "I already have," he grinned. "Can I ask why you wanted to find those Rowle boys?"
    "Uhm. It's a long story," she half laughed.
    The pair walked into the dining hall and y/n immediately looked for Regulus. When she spotted him, he grinned at her, knowing that the two had reconciled. He motioned for her to go and sit with him. She smiled at him and made a ten with her hands, motioning that she would be in his dorm at ten before going to the Gryffindor table.
    Silence took over the Marauders when y/n sat across from Sirius. Remus smiled at her and handed her a roll.
    "They're about to announce who got picked," He said.
    Y/n looked at Sirius and kicked him under the table with a grin. He kicked her back and smiled. He opened his mouth to say something but she shook her head.
    "We'll talk later," she said.
    He nodded and everyone turned their attention to Dumbledore.
    "For our first of three students participating in the Triwizard tournament. The goblet of fire has chosen," Dumbledore caught the piece of paper that flew out of the goblet. "From Drungstrang, Eliasson Rowle!"
    The Drumstrang table erupted into chants. Eliasson stood up and slammed his chest three times with his fist. He looked up just like y/n. A stern look on his face but trickery played in his eyes. He had the same piercing e/c (eye color) eyes as y/n and the same s/c (skin color) skin as y/n. His lean body was carried with the grace of a dancer and the power of a king.
    "The second is none other than Hogwarts' very own Severus Snape!" Dumbledore cheered.
    "Snape? Snape put his name in the goblet? He's as scared as a little girl," James gasped.
    "And the third and final contestant is, Camille Petit!"
    Just as the Beauxbatons started cheering, another slip of paper erupted from the goblet.
    "It seems that the goblet has chosen a fourth contestant," Dumbledore said, confused.
    As the paper came floating down from the sky, Dumbledore caught it easily. When he read the paper, his eyes grew wide. He searched the crowd until he spotted y/n. Regulus saw the anger in Dumbledore's eyes. Even Godric Gryffindor would've been scared.
    "Potter," he said, his breath shaky.
    Everyone looked at James. He looked surprised, but proud.
    "Y/n Potter," Dumbledore said.
    Everyone's gaze landed on the girl next to her brother. Her mouth was just as wide as her eyes. She looked at Regulus, a crazy going in her eyes.
    Regulus knew she couldn't have put her name in there herself. But it crossed his mind. She had many friends that were of age. Would she have asked one of them to do it?
    The shock on her face told him no.
    "This can not be! She is only a fifth year!" Slughorn stood up from his seat.
    "A fifth year student is not old enough to compete!" A Drumstrang teacher yelled.
    Chaos ensued. Everyone started mumbling among themselves, wondering how y/n's name was put in the fire. The teachers were arguing with each other on whether she should fight or not.
    "She shouldn't fight," Snape spat out beside Regulus. "I'm the Hogwarts fighter!"
    "You're just worried y/n's going to beat you," Regulus scoffed.
    "Shut it Black. You're just supporting her because she's the only girl at this school willing to have sex with you," Severus snapped.
    Regulus's face dropped. How dare he objectify y/n!
    Everyone around them leaned in to listen to what Regulus said next.
    "Oh please, at least someone likes me. Can't say the same for you," Regulus scoffed.
    He felt bad for making people think that they were hooking up but he didn't know what else to say. Severus was about to retaliate but Dumbledore yelled.
    "Quiet!" Dumbledore yelled. "The goblet believes that y/n is a worthy opponent for the tournament. I would like each of the people competing to come up here. Y/n included,"
    They all walked up and stood in front of Dumbledore.
    "Eliasson Rowle. Would you like y/n to compete in the tournament?" Dumbledore asked.
    Eliasson looked at y/n, his eyes searching y/n's for a reason to say no or yes. Y/n was almost knocked over at how similar they looked. Same hair color and eye shape. Same look on their faces as they stared at each other. Something passed through Eliasson's eyes, a look of competitiveness or...realization?
    "I would," he turned back to Dumbledore.
    "Camille Petit. Would you like for y/n to participate?" Dumbledore asked.
    "Yes, I do not back down from a challenge," Camille smiled at y/n.
    "Severus Snape. Would you like for y/n to participate?"
    Severus glared at y/n. He knew that people would say he was weak so he agreed.
    "I suppose so," he sighed.
    Dumbledore turned to y/n, his face stern.
    "Y/n Potter. You do understand that this is an extremely rare occurrence. But it seems like you have been chosen as a fourth contestant in the Triwizard tournament," Dumbledore said. "I will only ask you one time. Would you like to participate in the tournament?"
    "Hell yeah," y/n grinned.
    Dumbledore held in a smile.
    "Then let it be. Y/n Potter. The fourth competitor!" Dumbledore announced.
    All of the Hogwarts students erupted into cheers and the other schools followed in suit. Y/n peered out into the crowd and saw James looking slightly pissed off. She ignored that and looked at Regulus. God he looked so proud of her.
͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽-͓̽