Chapter 2

March 12th 2018
-
Sophia's POV

Pregnant. That's what the little stick says in my hand, pregnant. I'm pregnant.

I wipe a stray tear from my cheek. I'm having a baby, our baby. I can't wait to tell Marshall.

We didn't plan for a baby but it's happening and I couldn't be happier for the both of us. I moved in last month, maybe this is just meant to happen, the timing is perfect.

I've seen him with his girls, he's the best father. I can't believe I get the opportunity to watch him with our own little one.

I hear the door click shut downstairs and figure he must be home. With a huge smile on my face I head down to see him and tell him the good news.

"Hi."

"How you doin'?" He says as he leans in and hugs me.

"I'm pregnant." I say with a big smile as we pull apart.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He says as a frown takes over his face.

I take the test from my back pocket, my hands now shaking as he seems to be nowhere near as happy as I thought he'd be.

"Are you sure this is right?"

"I'm sure it's right." I say as the smile now completely falls from my face.

"I can't have a kid, I've already told - we've already talked about this."

"Maybe this was supposed to happen for us."

"THE FUCK?" He starts to raise his voice.

"YOU'RE INVOLVED IN THIS TOO AND YOU NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN FUCKING ACTIONS." If he want to raise his voice, two can play at that game. "You're so selfish." I say as I try to lower my voice to calm him back down.

"I'M SELFISH?"

"YOU'RE SELFI-"

"HOW THE FUCK AM I SELFISH?"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE CHOOSING YOU OVER ANOTHER FUCKING LIFE."

"NO, YOU TOLD ME, you told me you couldn't get pregnant, do you remember that? Do you remember us having that conversation?" He says as his tone calms back down.

"OKAY, WELL ANYONE CAN GET PREGNANT WHEN YOU PUSH YOUR DICK IN ME." I say, now beyond the point of calming down. "I TOLD YOU I WAS ON THE FUCKING PILL, YOU KNOW IT CAN FUCKING FAIL." Why can't he share my happiness? "WELL MAKE A DAMN DECISION."

"You want to stand here and scream at me?" How fucking dare he, who screamed first?

"I can scream at the top of my MOTHERFUCKING LUNGS IF I WANT TO." I say as I beging to gesture between the two of us. "You and me did it together, that's it."

"We're not keeping this baby. You get the fuck out of my house right now, you go to the clinic and you get a fucking abortion." I stand and stare, how could this have gone so wrong? "I SAID GET OUT! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FUCKING FACE AGAIN."

I quickly pick up some spare change on the table next to us and run out of the house before the tears fall. I refuse to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. As I slam the door, I hear a vase shatter in the room he's in.

I take my phone out and call a cab as I walk down the drive now sobbing.

__________________________________

Five minutes later my cab pulls up.

"Where to miss?" The driver says with a smile.

"Anywhere, just get me away from here, please." I say as a fresh set of tears begin to fall as it dawns on me that I'm homeless and pregnant with an innocent little baby. "Sorry, the nearest shelter. That will do."

"Of course. Are you alright?" The driver asks as he pulls off.

"Never been better." I say as I force a laugh through my tears.

___________________________________

Marshall's POV

I throw the vase as I hear the door slam shut.

"FUCK!" I scream at nobody in particular, more so at myself.

What a fucking bitch! How dare she!

Bitches always do this, back you into a corner, use your money. I thought Soph was different. At least she's getting an abortion and I won't be seeing her again.

I love her. I love her so fucking much. Why did she do this to me? To us.

I sink to the floor and allow the tears to flow. I just lost the best woman I ever had. The back-stabbing bitch...

A/N - thought I'd throw a little bit of Marshall's POV in there too.

Most of their argument was taken from the MV.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

~ Im 💕