Chapter 20

October 23rd 2023
-
Marshall's POV

*This chapter touches briefly on self-harm.*

After the arrest, I've become more of a recluse than normal. The last thing I need is the media even more up my ass.

All I want is to see Ava but the girls won't even let me do that. They ignore every call or text.

I still fucking hate Soph for making my girls turn on me but I'll admit, beating her wasn't exactly my finest hour.

The only one who's spoken to me the past few days is Paul and even he doesn't seem to be enjoying any interaction with me that he has.

I hear my front door open, then close shut and as he has every day since my birthday, Paul walks into the room with a stone cold expression on his face and sits on the couch.

"How's Ava?" I ask, just to try and start a conversation with him.

"Not at her best." He gives me nothing.

"Why?" I say becoming worried about her.

"Doesn't matter."

"How's Sophia?" I can see something change in him, he looks pissed. This is the first time I've asked about her.

"What the fuck do you think Marshall? She's been in a coma for six days. They're starting to worry she won't wake up."

Oh fuck. This bitch better wake up, I swear to God if I get done for murder because her weak ass can't take a little beating.

"You know you're probably going to jail for this whole assult, I doubt we can get you out of this." He says.

"I'd figured that one out dipshit."

"You know what? I don't know why I bother. I'm trying to help you here. Nobody else wants to be near you so I'm trying to be here for you as much as I want to whip your ass and you can't even just be grateful." He says, frustrated. "If I didn't care about Ava and Soph and if I wasn't your manager and didn't have to deal with all the media backlash, I'd go to the press and tell them exactly what you did myself."

"Don't bother then." I say, not wanting to sit through another lecture.

Paul walks out of the room and I hear my front door slam shut.

I put my head in my hands, I'm losing everyone.

I walk to the bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror. Who is this person? Why am I doing this? I know its my fault but I can't accept it, every part of me wants to blame Sophia and that is exactly what I'm doing.

It dawns on me now for the first time that if I go to jail, I can't watch Ava grow.
Fuck, would she even want me around after what I've done anyway?

My fist connects with the mirror in front of me. My kids hate me and I nearly killed my daughter's mom, what sort of a monster does that?

A loose piece of glass creates a jagged cut on my hand, I like it. Maybe I deserve to feel the pain that Soph has? I quickly put a small band aid over it but make a mental note of how good the pain feels, like an escape.

I hear my front door fly open again. Who the fuck is this?

"MARSHALL? YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS INTO THIS LIVING ROOM RIGHT NOW!" I hear Kim's voice scream.

Shit, I should have known she'd turn up eventually...

A/N - there may be another chapter today or it'll be tomorrow.

The plan was for this to be slightly longer but I wanted to dedicate a whole chapter to Kim and Marshall's conversation.

Plus, why not make you wait a bit longer to find out how Soph's doing?

As always, any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

~ Im 💕