Chapter 3

August 23rd 2018
-
Marshall's POV

It's been five months since I kicked Sophia out and I haven't heard a word from her, thankfully.

I told my everyone that things just hadn't worked out and we'd called it quits. Nobody needs to know the bitch played me and got pregnant.

I've got an album coming out in a weeks time, it feels like the old Shady's back. Sophia gave me back the anger that I felt like I'd lost.

As I sit in my home studio listening to some of the songs from the new album to try to make sure I'm happy with it, one of my security calls.

"Sam, everything good?"

"I've got a piece of mail here, I think you might want to see it."

"Why?"

"It's for you but Soph's name is written on the envelope, I think it's from her."

"The fuck? Aight bring it up." I say as I hang up.

The fuck does she want? I thought I made it clear she should leave me the fuck alone.

I make my way to the front door where Sam is waiting with the mail and after I take it off him I head over to sit on the couch.

I tear the envelope open, secretly hoping to rip whatever is inside so I don't have to look through it but to my dismay I pull out a perfectly intact looking, folded piece of paper.

As I unfold the paper, a small photo falls to my feet. An ultrasound? The fuck is this about?

Dear Marshall,

I know I'm the last person you want to talk with but I thought you should know it's a girl.

I couldn't abort, I just couldn't. I'll be honest, I didn't even try to. I'll raise her on my own and once I find my feet, we'll be just fine.

She's due in October, right around your birthday. I'd love for you to meet her someday, you know with you being her father and all.

I attached her ultrasound, most decent humans would love to have their childs ultrasound but if you don't then I guess that's just the heartless prick you are.

Her name is going to be Ava Rae Whitely, that's if you even care but at least you know.

You're welcome anytime to meet her and just know that she'll see you as a good person because I know there's a good man in there somewhere. I'd love for her to at least meet you once.

With all due respect (none), I on the other hand fucking hate you.

Fuck you Marshall,
Sophia

Fuck her, I swear to God, fuck her. How dare she? Keeping the fucking thing when I told her to abort.

I pick up my phone to call Paul, he'll be able to help me out.

"Hey Em. What can I do for you?"

"I need you to file a lawsuit against Sophia, the fucking bitch kept the baby."

I hear him sigh and I already know he's pinching the bridge of his nose as he always does to calm himself down.

"We can't just file a lawsuit against one of you exes because she's pissed you off you should know th-" He stops and goes silent for a second. "Did you say baby?"

Fuck, my fucking big mouth's done it again. Now I got to tell him about the pregnancy.

"Uh, yeah."

"What baby and why the fuck don't I know about this?"

"Nobody knows and it's the fucking baby that split us up. I told her to abort and she fucking hasn't."

"Fuck, you got to tell me about these things. Anyway, you told her to abort? That's why you split up?"

"She told me she couldn't fucking get pregnant 'cus she was on the fucking pill and then I come home to her tellin' me she was fucking pregnant, of course I'm gonna kick the bitch out."

"Marshall she couldn't make that baby on her own, you're responsible too."

"The fuck man? I ain't responsible."

"Whatever. Anway, we aren't suining her and you better pray to every God there is that Hai, Whit and Alaina don't find out about this baby because they'll beat your ass into the next century."

"Yeah, fuck you man." I say as I hang up. Why the fuck does he think I'm at fault too? I ain't the one with a fucking baby in me that shouldn't be.

What if she goes to the media? Man I'd fuckin' kill the bitch and would the girls really be pissed, surely my own kids could see how fucked up Soph and the fucking thing inside her are?

I just got to keep my distance, don't contact her at all.

I place the letter and ultrasound in a cabinet even though I want nothing more than to burn it but I might need it, you never know what the future holds...

A/N - do you think Sophia is being fair with the letter or would you want Marshall nowhere near the baby?

As always, any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

~ Im 💕