Chapter 41 Part 2

October 29th 2023
-
Marshall's POV

I pause again, taking a gulp of water, this is where I ruin my career...

"Then Ava comes into the room an' I ain't exactly know for being the calmest fucker so I take Soph out into the hallway and she starts runnin' her mouth to me 'karma this, karma that'. I flipped. I- I kinda just lost control. I didn't even realise what I was doing until I'd done it."

"And what was it you did exactly?"

"Beat the shit out of her-" Gasps come from the audience and I look to see some of them shaking their heads.

"Jeez, don't try and break it to us gently or anything." Stephen comments, causing me to stifle a laugh. I forget how blunt I can be sometimes.

"I- I did a load of shit that day, none of which I'm proud of and none of which I should ever be forgiven for but Sophia, she's so incredible. I feel like I'm repeatin' myself but she really is and she dropped the charges, forgave me, everything."

"How is she doing now?"

"She uh, she's still in the hospital. She tore a couple stitches again but I visited her yesterday and she seems to be doing good, just wants to get the fuck out of there."

"Hey, can we just get an applause really quick?" Stephen asks as he turns to the audience. "It takes a hell of a person to come on live TV and admit what Eminem here is admitting." I look towards the audience as they all applaud me, some even standing. Fuck man, I ain't deserve this.

"Thanks." I say, even though it wasn't deserved.

"So, correct me if I'm wrong here but I heard you were in hospital for a few days too?"

"Nah, you're right. I slit my wrists, guilt I guess." I pull my sleeves up a short amount to showcase the bandages.

"And are you doing alright now?"

"Bit of pain here and there but I'll live."

"What about your daughter? You said her name was Ava? What happened with her when her mom and yourself were in hospital?"

"My older girls took her in. She stayed with Hailie and her fiancé. Then the other two spent the days wit' her." Small echoes of 'awww' come from the audience.

"And what about Sophia's family? Were they not around?"

"I think her parents were on a trip but they came back when they heard, something like that."

"What's next for you and Sophia?"

"I wish I could tell you."

"She made you come around to the idea of another kid, could she ever make you come around to the idea of another wedding? Or even another child?" Stephen asked with the same smirk on his face that the audience were also wearing.

"Man, don't get too carried away. I ain't think I could put up with marrying someone like her and ain't no way I'm havin' more kids." I say, sounding in a way disgusted by the idea. I can't let anyone think I've already thought about how I really want to marry her in great depth.

"Very well. Thank you for giving us your time and clearing everything up. Ladies and Gents, Eminem!" Stephen stood and shook my hand as I exited the stage and went to talk with Paul who was waiting in my dressing room.

"You're dead." He says, head down, when I walk in.

"Huh?"

"Really? 'I couldn't put up with anyone like her' or whatever the fuck you said."

"And? I can't have people getting the wrong idea."

"What about the woman you nearly beat to death huh? The woman who despite everything is forgiving you because she loves your ass Marshall. What about her? How's she going to feel hearig that?" I feel my heart drop and my stomach knot.

"I ain't think about that. Shit we need to get back to Detroit, I got to talk to her."

"Let's go then!"

I am such a fucking screw up...

A/N - Part 2! Lets hope chapters will post in full again from now on because I honestly hate splitting it so much.

As always, any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

~ Im 💕