Blood Ties

"Son?" His voice was shaky as he came out from where he was hiding in the bushes.
Y/N spun around to look into the eyes of a confused Jungkook.

"Father, you can't be serious. He's human!" Sungtae was just as lost as everyone else. 

"He is only half human. When his time comes to die, he will be reborn. He will be my greatest creation. His strength already matches a vampire. Imagine his strength once he is no longer a half breed."

"I don't understand." Jungkook's head was spinning. He looked straight ahead, past Y/N at the man who claimed to be his father. 

"Your mother frequented a bar that was controlled by my business. In fact, she was a blood bag brought to this exact island. I was... captivated by her beauty. I knew I needed to find a new successor for when it came time for me to step down," he laughed cruelly, "Do you really think I could leave all of this to Sungtae. It would all come crashing down the moment he took control."

Sungtae's eyes turned red, "Is that really what you think?" 

"Of course it is! You thought I would leave my empire to you?! You couldn't even keep your own club afloat for a week! You even failed to bring my son back after you killed his mother. Instead you let him fall into the hands of the Hunters. It's because of you we've seen one of the best vampire hunters in history! While he should have been here, learning our ways and shadowing me, until he came of age to reach his full potential!" Mr. Jeon locked eyes with Jungkook, "I've always kept tabs on you. Your record is impressive. You'll be a great leader here."

"You had my mother killed." Jungkook's voice trembled. He was boiling. 

"Your own half brother was the one to kill her. I'm sure she was delicious, I had a few tastes myself." He laughed.

"Go to hell!" He started to run forward, but not before Y/N stopped him.

"He'll kill you! Don't be stupid!" She clung to him, pulling him back as he fought against her.

"I don't give a damn! They both need to die!"

Mr. Jeon clapped as he hysterically laughed, "Look at him all fired up! You'll be a truly magnificent vampire. A one of a kind. And with the Blood Siren by your side, I couldn't have found you a better match myself. I will say I was hoping she would end up with Sungtae, maybe she could have whipped him into shape. But this is a much better match."

"What happened to your intentions of killing me? You were just saying how much of a let down I've been."

"Oh no no no. I would never kill someone as marvelous as you. I knew you had been sleeping with my son. As I said, I've always kept track of him. It's why I didn't step in sooner. I allowed your poor performance to continue. But once I received news there was trouble in paradise, I knew I had to intervene." He stood from his throne and descended down the few steps in front of his chair, "I called you to hear to explain who The Crucifier was. I wanted you to persuade Jungkook into unlocking his full potential."

Jungkook flinched in her arms at the sound of his name, "I would never become a monster."

"You also used to think you would never fuck one either." Mr. Jeon said matter of factly. 

"Father this is a waste of time! You are too late, he will never be your successor!"

"You are wrong, Sungtae. Jungkook is in love with the Siren. I'd bet that he would do anything to protect her. Even if that meant becoming the thing he hates the most. And I'm positive once he gets a taste for blood, his blood lust will be uncontrollable. His lust for revenge is all too telling of that."

"Don't even think about touching her." Jungkook growled, shielding Y/N with his own body.

"No, Jungkook. I don't need you to protect me. I can handle myself. Get out of here before they put you in a position you can't get out of."

"And leave you to these monsters?! He's already threatening you to get to me!"

"I'll be fine!"

"Oh enough of this! If I kill both of you, I still get to take my father's place!" He lurched forward, heading for both Y/N and Jungkook. 

Mr. Jeon's hysterical laughter started up again, "Even better! I'll see who deserves to be my successor! The winner gets my throne!" He figured if Sungtae could defeat both of the infamous killers, he was more than deserving. Although his faith in his son was slim to none. And as expected, he was killed in no time at all. 

As soon as he had reached the two, Jungkook restrained him, his arms pulled to his back and Y/N tore his heart out of his chest. As Sungtae's body hit the ground, Y/N tossed his bloody heart to the Boss' feet.

"I knew that wouldn't last long. But at least you took care of one problem for me. Now, Siren," he began walking forward again, as Y/N stepped back, "You can have everything you want. True freedom, no one to answer to, and my son at your side, the two of you controlling all of this."

"Why give it up?" 

"I'm old. Tired. It's time I live the rest of my life in peace. I have all the power I could want. My reign is done."

"Then I'll kill you instead, and all of this will be over." Jungkook threatened. 

"I don't think she wants that. She would gladly take my place. She wants more power. It's what she has always wanted. Power and freedom."

His offer was tempting, but how would she ever get Jungkook to agree. He had been more than willing ignore everything going on when she was just a club owner. But if she was to run the whole operation, he wouldn't be as willing. She knew at the end of the day, he would destroy the entire business. She would have to choose between having everything she worked for and the only man she had ever loved. 

"That's a problem between the two of us for another day. But first... I send you to hell." Jungkook tan forward, his stake in hand, towards his father.

It wasn't hard for Mr. Jeon to dodge his attacks, although Jungkook did get in a few good blows. Until the boss hit the stake out of Jungkook's hand, and threw him across the large room, his body colliding with the wooden double doors. 

Y/N took her chance and attacked Mr. Jeon. She wasn't as strong as he was, he still had a few decades on her, but she was able to keep up more than Jungkook had. But before she could realize he had picked up Jungkook's stake, it was driven right into her chest.

"NO!" She could hear Jungkook yell before her ears started ringing. 

She fell, her body hitting the steps in front of the throne. Black spots started filling her vision, the last thing she saw clearly was Jungkook launching his father back into the wooden throne chair.