What I Should Have Done

As the grand, wooden throne broke his fall, a broken leg was impelled into Mr. Jeon, right through his stomach. Jungkook marched over, picking up another piece of broken wood. He stabbed into his father's chest, being sure to not reach his heart just yet. 

"I will never be a monster like you. All of this ends, here and now."

The boss laughed, some blood dripping from his mouth, "This isn't over, son. It's only a new beginning. I just wanted to tell you," he coughed up more blood, "how proud I am. You're so strong. While you may have not chosen the path I had imagined, you grew and became a notorious killer. It will serve well as you take your place in the vampire world. No one will dare to even think of crossing you."

Although he knew, he would never take part in this world, he responded, "Too bad you won't be around to see it." And he drove the wood into his father's cruel and evil heart. Jungkook watched as his body desiccated, "That's for my mother."

As his rage subsided, he remembered Y/N. He turned around, to see her body trying to die. Her skin was turning grey, the veins under her skin starting to turn black.

He rushed over to her, pulling her body into his lap, "No! It isn't your time to die!" 

He pulled the stake away from her chest, but her body didn't start to heal. He continued the slow desiccation. The stake had grazed her heart just enough to give her a slow and painful death.
He could feel the tears start to fall down his face, "No no no, you're finally free of all this. We can to be together. I'm not letting you go! Not like this!"

He braced himself before painfully biting into his own wrist. As he started to bleed, he pressed his skin to her lips, letting the blood trickle into her tongue and down her throat. Jungkook watched her skin return back to its normal color. Y/N's hands slowly came up to grasp his arm, holding his wrist close to her mouth and she began drinking more from him. The hole in her chest was almost fully healed. 

Jungkook held her tight as he whispered how much she meant to him into her hair. His tears were still falling.

She pulled away as she felt his grip become weaker. Y/N reached up, wiping away the tears from his cheek, "You don't have to cry over a monster like me."

"I thought I was going to lose you."

She leaned up, capturing his lips into a kiss, "I love you, Jungkook."

He choked back a sob as he heard those words, "I love you too."

They stayed there, clinging to each other, kissing and whispering their affections to each other.
As the sun began to rise outside, they finally pulled away from each other.

"I haven't seen the sun like this in so long."

"We could build something like this for you. We could take this building apart, use the glass as windows. Make a whole wall out of it in a place we can call our own. My offer to run away together still stands."

"Run away?" She shook her head, "Jungkook... I have what I've always wanted. This business... it's mine now."

"Y/N... no. This has to end. Leave with me instead. Do the right thing."

"The right thing?! Do you even know who you're talking to at all? I'm the Blood Siren. And this will never end! If I don't take over, someone else will."

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. This couldn't be the same woman who had admitted her love for him, "You don't have to be that anymore. You're free."

"Freedom was never the only think I wanted. I'm a vampire, a monster, the Blood Siren is who I am. I crave power. I want control. I have it now." She took his hands in hers, "We have it now. You're already half vampire. Become full blooded and stay with me. Forever. Together we will be the most feared predators in history. Even more feared than Dracula himself."