Chapter 5

Logan's POV

Finally, the day has come to an end and Paul was no where in sight. Today was the day that May was coming over and I hope to God that he doesn't show up again. I don't want him near the precious five year old.

I decided to have a bath so I could relax and hopefully soften the new bruises I have on my body. I hope that this was all a dream and sooner or later I will wake up and there will be nothing wrong. I finally let my body submerge under the hot water and my tense muscles began to relax.

*Ring Ring*

"Hello." I answer.

"May is very excited for tonight." It was Jack.

"Oh really. How can you tell?"

"She's currently sitting in front of the clock watching the time. She was up at seven in the morning yesterday so she could pack and make sure she has everything she needed and wanted. She keeps talking about you. Shall I go on?"

"Ahaha no, I think I got the point."

"Are you in the bathroom?"

"Uh, why do you ask?"

"Because the sound is amplified."

"I may or may not be in the bath."

"Well I let you go. I'll talk to you later love."

"Alright, biya."

Love.

Love.

Love.

He called me love.

I smiled to myself and melted into the water. The time ticked away and I didn't even realize how late it got until I got a text from June saying she was about 10 minutes away. I rinsed myself off and scurried out of the bathroom. I threw on some jeans, a white tank-top, and a tan cardigan. I also slipped on some no matching socks while I was at it.

*Knock Knock*

I ran over to the door and opened it, "Hi!"

"Missy!" May jumped for joy and hugged me.

June smiled at me, "We have to head out. You guys will be fine yes?"

"Yep! We're going to have loads of fun!" I say energetically.

"I'm not sure when we'll be back but I'll make sure to keep you updated." June stated.

I smiled at her, "That's alright."

"Bye May! Love you. Thanks again Logan."

May looked over and waved, "Bye Mama, love you too."

I shut the door and walked over to where May was sitting. She had a notebook and was drawing.

"Your hair is dripping on my paper Missy!"

"I'm sorry May! I'm going to get something to drink, would you like something?" I asked the five year old.

She looked up from her book, "Do you have juice boxes?"

I chuckled, "I do."

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed May a juice box while I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge.

"Here you go May." I handed her the juice box.

She smiled, "Thank you so much Missy."

"No problems sweetie!" I reply.