Failure

Gojo was sitting alone in his room. Sakura, Naruto and him had decided to spend some time in a hotel before heading off to Orochimaru's face.

The sun was shining bright in the sky, it's warmth cascading warmth to Gojo's face. His blindfold lay beside him as his lean figure lay on the floor. It hurt. His eyes had been hurting him ever since he had come here but the pain had seemed to amplify in the past few days. That black-hole attack was something else. However, it was not possible for him to perform that attack again. It was just a fluke, adrenaline he guessed. He started playing with his hair. He fiddled about his pockets and took out a picture.

Crystal orbs started pouring down his jawline, his blue eyes welling up in tears, a small smile on his face

Crystal orbs started pouring down his jawline, his blue eyes welling up in tears, a small smile on his face. The smile then turned into a frown. He had failed. Nanami was dead. Nobara was dead. Megumi's soul had been taken over by Sukuna. He started taking heavy breaths as he was overcome by emotions.

His hands curled into fists. No. He has not given up hope. Not yet. He will find a way back and if he can't find it, he will carve one. He is suddenly reminded of Itachi Uchiha and his Sharingan. What possibilities does it behold? What are its mysteries? The emotions disappeared. His goal had been set. He was going to find Itachi Uchiha.

That is when the doors to his room opened and Sakura entered. "Sensei! Let's leave. I have got enough rest." Gojo nodded as he put on his blindfold. "Right on Sakura. Wake up the idiot first. He screamed at me for an hour saying how we will miss Sasuke if we take a rest and we need to hurry there. Now, he is the one sleeping his a** off." Sakura chuckled and left the room. Satoru too got up. He went to the bathroom and looked himself in the mirror.  He looked drab. His face was pale and weary. Sleep had eluded him for the past few days. He splashed some water on his face, then wore his bag and headed out. He swiftly shoved the picture into his pocket. A determined look enriched his face.

He will go back. He will find them. He will save his students, no matter the cost. Because he was Gojo Satoru, the fun and idiotic Sensei of Itadori Yuji, Kugisaki Nobara and Fushiguro Megumi.

THE AUTHOR HERE. THIS CHAPTER AIMED TO GO A BIT DEEP INTO GOJO'S CHARACTER AND HIS MISSION. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.