Chapter 1

A Storm's Beginning

Nobody really imagines how or when death will come, whether it's in small waves or big, gigantic tidal waves

Nobody really imagines how or when death will come, whether it's in small waves or big, gigantic tidal waves. Pandora Nightgood wasn't one who even considered what death's toll would take on her because she lived out in the mountains of Upstate New York with someone who was practically immortal. Death wasn't a topic of conversation for the mother daughter duo, they had every thing they needed and Nesaea was more than capable of keeping them safe and concealed from the outside world or so she thought. Once she realized she was pregnant she moved further inland as another way to keep them safe, but that would do nothing to save them in the years to follow.

────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

Pandora was running around the front yard as Nesaea talked with an Oread who was like a surrogate aunt to the girl, the Oread had met the mother and daughter when they had relocated for the third time in the young 8 year olds life. One place wasn't safe for more than a few years because of the monster attacks that just help prove more and more who her father was. "I'm telling you Ness you have to take her to her father!" Anika whisper shouted at the sea Nymph, "he's her best shot at being safe for more than a few years! You and I both know that" Anika said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yeah right, he broke his oath when I had her! If I take her to him, Zeus will kill her! And then he'll punish me and gods know what he'll do to Poseidon" Nesaea said as she ran her hands over her face. "Not to mention if Zeus finds out about Pandora then he'll find out about his other child" Nesaea snarled at the thought of Poseidons son.

Anika raised her hands in surrender, "Look I'm just saying that you wouldn't have to keep running, you could be free" she said wistfully as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Anika I won't just give up my daughter- I've fought to keep her hidden and I won't give up now. She's my blood- mine. And for you to just tell me to throw her away like she's nothing?! I am not her father" she said with a harsh glare, "he may have abandoned us but I won't be that callous- I'm- I'm not a coward like him and for you to insinuate other wise is an insult" Nesaea spat.

The two women stood in silence for a moment before Serena walked over to them with a questioning look, "am I interrupting something?" She asked with a frown.

"No- not at all, just listening to Anika telling me to give my daughter to her father who barely knows she exists!" Nesaea snapped glaring at the mountain Nymph still stood across from her.

"I'm just trying to help you! You're always scared about another monster coming to kill your daughter and I just think it would be easier if she lived in Olympus!" Anika snapped back.