Chapter 30

The Trial's Of Many

Luke walked silently to the dining pavilion and was soon greeted with the sound of laughter and everyone chatting about how the game went today, when Luke made it towards the Hermes table Darla and Chris jumped up to greet him

Luke walked silently to the dining pavilion and was soon greeted with the sound of laughter and everyone chatting about how the game went today, when Luke made it towards the Hermes table Darla and Chris jumped up to greet him. "There he is! Our victor of capture the flag for the fourth time in a row!" Chris cheered making the Hermes table come to life in cheers as other tables from the opposite team grumbled and playfully booed him.

Luke laughed softly as Chris wrapped his arm around Luke's shoulders, "and you got a present from dad!" Darla said excitedly which made Luke's smile falter. Luke hesitantly took the present and was pushed to sit down so everyone at the table could watch him open his gift, he gently tore off the wrapping paper to reveal a shoe box. He looked back to Darla in confusion before he continued to open the box that revealed a pair of basketball shoes leaving the boy even more confused, "when we surpass a certain age or get issued a quest dad sends us a pair of shoes that enables us to fly" Darla explained happily.
Luke smiled softly as he quickly pulled out the shoes and slipped his off in replacement of his new shoes, he ran out onto the grass with the Hermes cabin kids following closely behind him. Darla smiled broadly, "now all you have to do is say Maia and off you go!" She said excitedly.

Luke nodded slowly, "Maia" he said softly and was quickly amazed by watching his shoes sprout wings and propelled himself into the night sky, he sores into the air and went above the tree tops. He looked over the new view of camp and let out a holler of joy as he felt the wind blowing around him, he could hear everyone laughing down below him and felt a smile spreading across his own lips. "How do I come back down?" Luke called down to his siblings and fellow campers.

Darla laughed, "right sorry! All you have to do is say Maia again and you'll slowly come back down!" Darla shouted.

Luke quickly followed her instructions and felt himself slowly gliding back down towards the ground, when his feet touched the ground everyone from Hermes cabin surrounded him in excitement. Luke smiled broadly when Chris patted his shoulder after Darla released him from her bone crushing embrace, he tried to keep smiling but when he scanned his cabin mates faces he couldn't help but feel alone in that moment when he didn't catch Pandora's gaze or see her bright eyes and warm smile that always made him feel at home.

────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

Hyria sat crossed legged next to Pandora's unconscious body, waiting for the girl to come to. It had been a few minutes since she had passed out and Hyria had taken to gently brushing Pandora's hair back and out of her face, she watched as Pandora's face contorted briefly before her eyes snapped open and she shot up startlingly the other girl. Pandora's head snapped around until she met Hyria's gaze, "that seemed like a nasty fall, you okay?" Hyria asked softly.

Pandora blinked a few times before slowly nodding, "I'll be fine but what I wanna know is how you're here? Chiron said Zeus killed you 50 years ago before you could turn 16- why did he kill you?" Pandora's words came jumbled out as she held a deep look of confusion.