Chapter 23

When It Comes Be Ready

Someone pounded hardly on the Hermes cabin door, it had been two hours since they had returned to camp and no one had seen Luke since everyone left the cabin for their daily activities

Someone pounded hardly on the Hermes cabin door, it had been two hours since they had returned to camp and no one had seen Luke since everyone left the cabin for their daily activities. It had been radio silence and everyone from Hermes cabin was starting to get worried but they had just thought he had followed through on his word to call Pandora with the new safe way of contacting her, everyone had steered clear of the cabin because they knew how much the girls absence had been affecting him. They just wanted to be respectful but when Chris Rodriguez, an unclaimed member of Hermes cabin, came by after Darla nagged him for an hour or so but when he heard no movement inside the cabin and then the sounds of a struggle in the matter of seconds he had grown increasingly concerned as sounds of the struggle continued. He briefly left the door to find Charles so he could hopefully open the door for him as Clarisse, Annabeth and Selina followed closely behind the two boys, the girls were starting to get a little worried about Luke's disappearance and when they caught wind of Chris looking for someone from Hephaestus cabin to unlock the cabin doors they knew something was wrong. Charles approached the Hermes cabin with his tool belt strung over one of his shoulders with a look of determination, when he reached the door he started to pull the necessary tools out, "we'll have to approach this with caution and precision because we don't know what lies behind the door" Charles explained as he set his tools down in a somewhat neat row. Clarisse nodded her head with false sincerity but when Charles turned away from the door Clarisse moved to stand in front of the door before she got into a fighting stance and looked to where the door knob was and harshly kicked below the handle and watched happily as the door flew open and slammed into the wall behind it. "Or we could use brute force" Charles mumbled as Chris and Annabeth were the first to run into the cabin.

Clarisse smirked slightly as she mockingly straightened her arm towards the cabin entrance, "ladies first" she mused.

Charles scrunched up his face as he walked past her, "Very mature" he muttered with a small smile when he heard the two girls start giggling.

────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

Pandora blinked a few times as if it would make her see more clearly but the fog slowly faded from in front of her eyes letting her see a familiar head of dark curls standing a few feet away from her, she was sat crisscrossed on the flowered and grassy ground. Luke stood with a split lip and a deep bruise that was slowly forming and gaining color the longer she stared at him, "LUKE?!?" Pandora yelled out in shock as she tried to get up off of the ground and run to the boy whose eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Crescent?" He muttered out as he looked around slowly when his eyes fully snapped open when he saw her sitting on the ground surrounded by lavender and light pink flowers. Luke tried to walk forward but was held in place by an invisible force, he growled lightly as he clenched his jaw in anger. Pandora tried to stand once more but when she felt the pressure relenting her wrists were suddenly pulled back down to the ground making her yelp out in surprise, "You okay Dora?!?" Luke called out while he tried to move towards her.