Chapter 27

What Lies Around The Corner

Naomi walked over to Pandora's table with a small smile, today was Friday and the day of the first capture the flag game before Christmas so everyone was excited

Naomi walked over to Pandora's table with a small smile, today was Friday and the day of the first capture the flag game before Christmas so everyone was excited. Pandora smiled as Naomi sat across from her, "has Chiron announced the teams yet?" Naomi signed with an excited smile.

"Nothing yet, I think he's waiting for everyone to show up" Pandora explained.

"Don't look now but here comes lover boy" Clarisse said softly while she ran by the girl to get to her table.

Pandora's head shook as she watched Clarisse jog towards her table which was on the opposite side of the pavilion, as Pandora turned back around to look for Luke someone stepped in front of her view of Luke who was approaching with a smile. Pandora tried to look around the person only to see Luke still walking towards her but now had a scowl on his face, "hey I just wanted to introduce myself-" the new boy stated. She had been purposely avoiding him in favour of not wanting to talk to him or his friend, "I'm Lorenzo Smith and son of Hephaestus" Lorenzo said proudly making Pandora nod.

"When was he claimed? But it does make sense from his having power over fire and everything" Naomi signed with a smile drawing Lorenzo's attention to her.

"Well who are you?" He said flirtatiously as he sat on the ledge of the table behind him and winked at Pandora.

Naomi rolled her eyes, "gods he has a big head" she signed with a discussed look.

Pandora chuckled, "at least you don't have to listen to his voice" she signed back with a smile.

When he noticed the two girls weren't paying attention to him anymore he pushed himself off of the table and closed the distance between him and Pandora, he let his pointer finger glide across her jaw before he stopped under her chin to lift her head up towards him. Pandora was surprised by his actions and felt her jaw dropped in disbelief, "I was talking to you" he purred with a small smirk when he heard someone abruptly stop behind him. Pandora scoffed but before she could swat his hand away he was brushing some hair out of her face and behind her ear, she sat frozen for a moment when Luke abruptly shoved him away. "The hell man?!" Lorenzo spat as he tried to regain his balance but Luke shoved him against he was stood in front of the two girls.

Pandora was quick to stand but Chris appeared behind her and restrained her arms, "w-what the hell?! Chris let me go!" Pandora demanded. "Chris!" Pandora shouted as he started pulling her away from the scene.

Lee, Jackson, Darla and Lucas ran up to the scene and pulled the two boys apart leaving Luke furious, "you don't touch her!" He spat while he pointed at the boy.

"I think she gets the finale say, or are you scared of what she'll say?" The boy spat back with a smirk.

Luke tried to pounce towards the boy but Lee and Darla held him back, "he's not worth it Luke- you know how she feels about you man. Don't let him cloud your mind" Lee whispers to the boy.