Chapter 5

Not The Light We Need

Pandora's heart raced as she slowly turned to face her uncle, a sudden sea breeze catches their attention and Poseidon materialized before their eyes

Pandora's heart raced as she slowly turned to face her uncle, a sudden sea breeze catches their attention and Poseidon materialized before their eyes. Poseidon storms in front of his daughter as he glares harshly at his brother, "Not here and not now" Poseidon seethed lowly. Pandora pulled Naomi into her side while protectively positioning herself in front of her friend. Zeus laughed almost bitterly but was cut off before he could even open his mouth, "she has nothing to do with any of this and we WILL leave her out of this matter" Poseidon demanded as he took a step closer to Zeus. Pandora slightly looked around as she noticed the trees had stopped rustling in the breeze almost like time had slowed, she narrowed her eyes before looking back to her father and uncle.

"This is forbidden and you know it! The prophecy begins with her!" Zeus said as he made a gesture to Pandora making his brother shake his head.

"Walk away and we can continue this in the woods if it means so much she be present" Poseidon snapped.

Zeus's lip curled in distaste but reluctantly nodded, without a second to spare the two had disappeared and the breeze returned and it wasn't quite anymore as everything began moving again. Pandora swiftly turned around to check on Naomi only to see her on the ground with her eyes shut, Pandora gasped lightly before she dropped to her knees and started to check over Naomi when campers started to exit their cabins. People from the other team gasped at the scene as they gathered around them, "Don't just stand there! I need help!" Pandora cried but everyone just kept watching her.

"How do we know you didn't do this to her?" Someone from the other team shouted as Pandora grew more panicked, finally Lee and Dixie managed to push their way through the crowd.

Lee sprung into action as Dixie pulled Pandora away from Naomi as more Apollo kids pushed their way through the crowd with medical supplies, the other team started throwing accusations about Pandora doing this while people from her team started to push them away. The Ares kids started shouting back at the other team while Lee and a few others tried to wake Naomi up, "this is my fault" Pandora whispered with watery eyes.

"Hey, hey don't say that" Dixie whispered softly as she stroked the younger girls hair.

Naomi suddenly stirred awake as she let her eyes flutter open, she looked around in a dazed state but quickly started looking for one certain person. When her eyes landed on Pandora's she sprung to her feet and wobbled slightly as she tried to regain her composure enough to sign something, "are they gone?" She asked shakily.

Pandora nodded slightly as Dixie looked between the two in confusion, "who's they?" Dixie asked softly as everyone from their team started to usher the other team away.

The other team glared at Pandora as they walked by until Charlie was only left, he slowly approached them with a chest plate in hand, "this is just for today until we can get your measurements tomorrow— it—it should fit but if it doesn't it's only for today so—" Charlie said bashfully as one of his hands awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. Lee went forward and thanked him softly as he took the chest piece and wished the younger boy luck, Charlie smiled before he jogged off to catch up with his team.