Episode 46

//TL: Sorry for the wait. I've been a bit sick lately.

TL by Miru

I'm a Genius Idol but My Passive is Sunfish: Episode 46

In contrast to the cool image she had seen in photos and videos, Chung was completely different. It was in this moment she perfectly understood why fans called him a 'baby chick'.

"But is your last name 'Baep'? I've never seen that before!"

//TN: Sparrow in Korean is "Baep-sae", so he thinks her last name is Baep.

Chung asked with an innocent face.

'This person... Does he really think my actual name is 'Sparrow'?'

Before the fan signing began, the staff distributed Post-it notes, asking fans to write the name they wanted signed on the album's cover. Debating between her real name and her social media nickname, Sparrow ultimately decided on her nickname. Was it her illegible handwriting, or was it just because the member before her was a foreigner that this mishap occurred?

"BaepMH-nim!"

Huh?

A question mark floated above Sparrow's head.

"Um... It's not MH, it's Sae. Baepsae."

//TN: "Sae(쌔)" in hangeul could be mistaken as MH depending on your handwriting.

Sparrow tried to correct him cautiously, but Chung seemed to have a bit of difficulty understanding.

"Baep-ssi? Is Baep correct?"

Chung looked back and forth between the Post-it and at her, his face full of curiosity. Every time he moved his head, the yellow chick and wolf ears on his headband fluttered.

'So that's why he was staring at the Post-it for so long.'

Should she be grateful he even read it, considering the situation? With mixed feelings, she bit her lip. Quickly giving up, she nodded her head with a slightly regretful expression.

"Yes. That's right."

For this brief moment, she just decided to be 'Baep-ssi'.

'Sorry, Dad.'

What followed was a light-hearted chat about recent happenings. She found out that Chung had eaten sausage and vegetable stir-fry the previous evening – a TMI detail – before she could move on to the next member.

And next was Baekya, the long-awaited encounter with her beloved first idol bias.

"Hello~"

"It's Baekya! A moving Baekya!"

'Ah, hello.'

The quotation marks changed. What she wanted to say and what she was thinking had switched.

But Sparrow, whose rationality was paralyzed, didn't notice.

"Ah... Yes! I do move!"

Baekya flapped his arms, folding and unfolding them in place.

"Kyaaah!"

A scream-like cheer erupted from the waiting area. As he moved, the sprout pin in his hair adorably wobbled.

"That- that huge thing on your head...!"

"Oh, this?"

It was the so-called 'peach leaf', a gift from a previous fan. The child-sized pin sat snugly atop his pink hair, blending in as if it were part of him.