Episode 61

TL by Miru

I'm a Genius Idol but My Passive is Sunfish: Episode 61

Unlike Nara who lives in Incheon, Sparrow resides in Seoul. Even on a weekend, she experienced the dreaded "subway hell" and felt exhausted before the concert even started.

'It's the first time I've ever had to line up from the stairs at the ticket gate.'

Commuting had never been this intense... Sparrow had been encountering all sorts of new experiences since becoming a fan of DASE. She marvelled privately at how orderly the queue was without anyone's instructions.

'This is truly the attitude that shapes the amazing K-pop fan culture!'

After a long wait, Sparrow finally made it through the ticket gate. Exiting, she hurried towards Gate 3.

"Pant, pant."

Sparrow managed to arrive just in time for their meeting and looked around for Nara. But then, an unexpected issue arose. It was autumn, a time when many donned trench coats. Everyone at Munhak Stadium seemed to be wearing a trench coat and holding a sports towel.

'Is there a dress code or something...?'

Confused, Sparrow stood there until Nara noticed her first.

"Sparrow-nim!"

DASE was her second deep dive into fandoms, and years of experience allowed Nara to quickly identify Sparrow. In truth, Sparrow didn't quite remember Nara's face. It might sound like an excuse, but they hadn't met since the fan signing event. Besides, unlike her, Nara's messenger profile picture was of Jihan.

"Did you run here? You could have taken your time."

"No way, I couldn't let you wait. But what's with the towel?"

Sparrow's gaze turned downwards.

"The towel? Oh, this thing?" Nara enthusiastically unrolled the lengthy item she was holding.

"Ta-da! Isn't it lovely?"

[I love you, Jihan]

What appeared to be a towel was actually a slogan, a banner filled with a declaration of love for Jihan, commonly used by fans.

"Sparrow-nim, didn't you bring anything?"

"What? Oh, I..."

Sparrow awkwardly fiddled with her empty hands.

'Should I have brought one too...?'

While she was contemplating, a thrilled scream erupted nearby.

"Kyaaah! So pretty!"

Both Sparrow and Nara instinctively turned towards the sound. It turned out that nearby people were also fans of DASE, each holding slogans with familiar names. One particularly noticeable one had a pink background with bubbly fonts.

[Peach Baekya]

Sparrow's eyes widened at the sight. The surprise didn't stop there. Turning it over revealed a printed image of Baekya with a leafy peach pin in his hair while he shyly poked his cheek, unseen on any fan page. And there were small peaches floating around. Truly, it was an extraordinary item!

"Ex-excuse me."

Overwhelmed by impulse, Sparrow stopped them.

"Where can you buy that?"