Chapter twenty nine:My rose

"But if you hold me without hurting me you'll be the first to ever did

"But if you hold me without hurting me you'll be the first to ever did."

Arabella Karve
"Eros left." My father says while sitting down on the edge of his desk and glaring darkly at me.

My heart stops as I hear his words.

The entire world feels like it comes to halt as I try to wrap my mind around what he just said.

"what do you mean he left?" My voice comes out breathlessly desperate. And I fucking hate that it does.

I know Eros hates me, but I didn't think that he would leave. I pushed him too far.

"He took his vacation early, went back to his house downtown for the week. He couldn't stand being around you for another fucking second, because that's the impact you have on people girl." He sneers.

I don't even listen to the rest of what my father says, because of the relief washing over me from his words. Eros didn't leave me.

"So that's all you wanted to tell me?" I say after a second, with boredom laced in my words. I cross my arms as my father stands up from his desk, the wood creaking beneath him. He slowly approaches me with a menacing look, causing me to take a small step back.

"No I actually wanted to discuss your fucking behavior in front of my business partners!" My father unexpectedly snaps, and the next thing I know, I am a sent flying backwards by his fist ruthlessly hitting me across the face.

My body hits the cold tile and after a minute, I look up towards my father in shock while trying to maintain my consciousness that is slowly slipping away. My fingers subconsciously brush against my throbbing mouth and tears begin welling in my eyes seeing the red color coating them.

Black spots fade in and out of my vision as the all too familiar iron taste fills my mouth. My father doesn't say anything as he glares down at me while shaking out his pale hand that is coated in blood, my blood.

"I don't know where you got the idea that you can talk like that to me, or the fucking people I work with."

I blink repeatedly, trying to get the black spots to disappear from my vision because I know if I faint in this office, I will only get more hurt.

"You are a fucking disgrace Arabella Karve. My unrivaled mistake."

As many times as I've heard these cruel words, they still manage to hurt the child within me who wants to be loved by her parents.