CHAPTER 5: SMALL WORLD

"Jimin?!" Tae exclaimed. What were the odds that his client from earlier today was one of the guys trying to take his Kookie from him. He had really liked the friendship forming with Jimin today. "So this was the date you couldn't afford to miss I guess?" Tae asked. "Taehyung, wow. It's such a small world isn't it? And yes, I guess I couldn't miss this date." Jimin said shyly.

Jungkook was shocked that the two knew each other. He could swear he knows all of Tae's friends. "You know each other?" He asked. "Remember the client who asked for a special tattoo design? It was Jimin. I met him this afternoon." Tae explained. Kook felt like this was a good thing then. If Tae was already getting along with one of Jin's boyfriends, then maybe it would be easier than he thought.

They sat down and Jin ordered his staff to bring their food. It was awkward at first. They were sitting at a round table. Kook was to Tae's right and next to him was Jin. Jimin had switched sits with Yoongi so he could sit to Tae's left. "So maybe we should introduce ourselves?" Jin asked trying to break the tension.

"Yeah, I'll go first since you already know me. My name is Yoongi, I'm 30 years old. I own BH entertainment."

"My name is Kim Namjoon, I'm 29 years old, the CEO of KNJ Textiles. I am really happy you gave us a chance."

"My name is Hoseok. I am also 29 years old. You can call me Hobi. I co-own P&J performing arts school."

"Well Tae already knows me. But for the other cutie, my name is Park Jimin, I'm 28 years old and I run P&J performing arts school with Hobi."

"Kookie, do you want to introduce yourself too?" Jin asked. It didn't bypass Tae that Jin was already using Jungkook's nickname. He reminded himself that he was doing this for Jungkook. Whatever the outcome. He noticed that his baby was nervous so he reached out over the table and held is hand. He gave it a little squeeze and nodded reassuringly. "Well...uuhm my name is Jeon Jungkook. The CEO of Jeon Enterprises  and I'm 25 years old. I guess I'm the youngest?" There were coos around the table. And Tae could already tell that this was going to go as he expected. They were all already falling for his Kookie. He took a deep breath and introduced himself. "My name is Kim Taehyung, 28 years old. I'm a tattoo artist." There was more to him than that, but he knew people only ever saw him as that.

The first thing Tae had noticed was that everyone on this table already had a soaring career, while he was still struggling. The food had arrived and they were all engaging in small talk. Namjoon had inquired about their goals in life and had genuinely been interested in seeing Tae's art. Jimin had boasted about how he already has Tae's art on his back. Tae was busy cutting up steak for Jungkook when he noticed Jin passing him a plate of already cut up steak. Jungkook who knew Tae was cutting the steak for him as always looked at Taehyung. Tae smiled at him and started eating the steak he was cutting up.

He noticed that Yoongi and Hoseok kept placing food on Jungkook's plate as well. On his left, Jimin had once or twice also placed some on his plate. By the time they were done with dinner, Jungkook seemed to be so at home with them, while Tae felt like he couldn't do this again. Jin excused himself and went to the kitchen. "Tae, you stated that you already have enough to obtain a space for your gallery, have you already identified a place?" Namjoon, who was sat the furthest from him, asked. He had noticed that Tae wasn't feeling as comfortable. He wanted to do something about it.

"No I haven't. I plan on going hunting this weekend with Kookie." Tae replied smiling. Namjoon realised that every time art was brought up, Tae would smile. "If it's okay with you, can I come along?" Namjoon asked. Tae wanted to say no. He had been looking forward to spending his weekend alone with his husband. Before he could speak however, Jimin did. "That's not fair Joonie. I met him first. And he had already promised to hang out with me soon. I want to go first!" Jungkook seemed shocked at that information.

He turned to Tae but he didn't ask anything. "Kookie, Jimin is Jihyun's older brother. So he had asked to be friends." Tae informed him. He didn't want Kook to misunderstand him. "That was before I knew you were my potential future boyfriend. Now I don't want to be friend zoned Tae." Jimin complained. Everyone around the table chuckled. "Jimin, you know I love art. Please let me go with him. Please Minnie?" Namjoon requested. If you found him outside this space, you would never see this side of him. But with his boyfriends, he always acted cute. "Okay Joonie, but only if Tae says yes."

Tae turned to Jungkook to gauge what he wanted. Jungkook was looking at him expectantly. He wanted Jungkook to decide but he didn't want to ask him infront of them. Just then, Jin came in carrying a big cake. It was decorated with strawberries. Tae could tell that this was the cake Jin had been wanting to bake for them. "I know my staff member ruined your anniversary celebrations, so I am hoping this cake makes up for my mistake. I should have made sure all the orders we adhered to. I promise there are no peanuts in it." Jin explained.

Usually, if Tae saw strawberry cake, his eyes would light up like a child who has been given candy. Today however, Jungkook noticed that Tae wasn't giving any reaction. He realised that while he was enjoying his night, Tae might not have been. He regretted not paying attention to Tae tonight. "Taetae, should we take the cake to go?" Jungkook asked. Right now he didn't care if anyone's feelings are hurt. He wanted to take care of his husband. "Why, are you tired baby? Are you not feeling well?" Jungkook could not believe that despite his own discomfort, he was still more concerned about him. But he now realised Tae wouldn't tell him if he is not comfortable. Especially if to him Jungkook seemed happy to be here. So he decided to play along.

"I just want to go home now baby. Please take me home?" That was all it took and Tae was already standing up. "Jin, thank you for the cake. I promise we will eat it. Is it okay if we take our slices home? Kookie seems to be tired." Tae requested.

"Of course. Please sit, I will pack the entire cake for you. It was yours, after all." Before Jin could leave, Tae held his hand. It was unintentional but he could swear he felt a spark. Well that was new. "No, we want to share. Please leave some for you and the rest." Jin who had also felt something when Tae touched him, could not bring himself to argue. He left to pack some cake for them.

********************************
Hope you enjoyed 😁