CHAPTER 31: BROKEN HEART

After their encounter at the mall, Jungkook abandoned his boyfriends. He went straight to the office. He needed to keep himself busy. But instead of keeping himself busy, he was busy stalking Tae. Tae had been courteous with everyone else but him. He needed to know when Tae got married. He had someone updating him about Tae when he moved abroad, but they never mentioned a marriage.

He couldn't find information on the marriage, but his anger was clouding his judgement. To him, Tae had left him behind and didn't deserve his kindness or love. He decided to look up Kim Bora instead. All that came up was Tae holding the little girl during his exhibitions abroad as she smiled and waved to people. 'Cute'. He thought. But why wasn't the wife beside him during these exhibitions?

Jungkook was frustrated because he needed to know if Tae really replaced him. He called his informant. "Alex, why didn't you tell me that Tae got married and had a kid? I just looked like a fool in front of him!! I was supposed to know everything about him so as to be prepared for when I see him. Did he pay you?" Jungkook lashed out. "Sir, please calm down. Mr. Kim is not married. I would have told you that. He adopted Kim Bora three years ago when he was in the USA. She was in South Korea at the time, and he had to travel back to get her. At that time  you had travelled to Austria, and I couldn't reach you, sir." Alex responded.

"So he is a single parent?" Jungkook inquired. "Yes, sir. He has a nanny who helps him out with Kim Bora." Alex supplemented. "Get me all the information you have on Kim Bora, Alex. Everything. From when she was born, till now." Everything started making sense to Jungkook. He now understood why the woman was so quiet at the supermarket. His heart did calm down. He decided to head home.

*************************************
On the other hand, Tae was furious. How could Jungkook talk to him like that? How could he think he moved on so fast? Most importantly, how was he supposed to even get married when Jungkook decided not to divorce him? He was still married to Jungkook. Did Jungkook think of him that way? Deciding not to dwell on it, Tae headed to his bedroom. His baby girl was already asleep. After he promised her that he would take her to see Hobi when he was free, she had given him the biggest smile. He wasn't sure he could keep that promise, though.

Tae took a shower and got dressed in his pyjamas. He took his laptop and started stalking his exes as well. He looked up Namjoon first. Today, he looked as handsome as ever. Tae got so giddy when he asked if they could catch up, but he was the one who left them behind. He didn't deserve to be with them. He clearly wasn't made for poly relationships. It seems Joonie had become a billionaire. Good for him.

He stalked Hobi and Jimin's performing art schools as well. They had programmes for toddlers as well. He thought about enrolling Bora into one of the programmes. Maybe she would get to see Hobi? He was always kind and level-headed. He didn't mind letting his daughter see him. The how was the difficult part. How do you ask your ex for a favour about your kid? He decided that that was enough for today. He joined his daughter under the blanket and drifted off to sleep.

**************************************
The boyfriends were sitting in the living room watching TV when Kook came back. "Love, you had us worried. Where did you go?" Jin spoke up, walking up to Kook to help him with his coat. "I'm sorry, Jinnie, I just needed to be sure of something." Jungkook answered. They didn't need to know he was digging into Tae. He was the one forbidding them from approaching Tae after all.

"I'll bet all of our fortune combined that it was about Tae. Why don't you just let us reach out to him?" Jimin said. He was tired of Kook acting like he was the only one who loved Tae. "Jimin.." Jungkook started but was again interrupted by Jimin.

"What, Kook? Are you the only one who dated him? Are you the only one who loved him? We did, too. When he left, he hurt us too. Okay? I know you guys were together for a longer period, but can you stop invalidating our feelings?" It seems Jimin had been holding a lot back. Jungkook walked up to Jimin and gathered him into his arms. "I'm sorry, baby. You are right. You guys can reach out to Tae, okay? I won't get in the way again. It's just that I myself might need some time." Jungkook admitted.

Jimin hugged him back to comfort his boyfriend. He knew it had to be said, but he still couldn't help but feel bad for Kook. "That's okay, Kook. It's not like he will get back together with us. I guess I just miss him and want to catch up." Kook nodded at that. "I don't know if this helps, but he is not married. He is a single parent to Bora. He adopted her." Kook said, now looking at his feet after letting go of Jimin.

"No offence, darling, but you're the only one who thought he was married. I mean, it was so obvious that she was a nanny." This time, it was Yoongi who spoke up. He and Joonie were chuckling at their youngest's antics. Kook pouted. Hoseok watched them smiling. He didn't know about them, but he had every intention of winning Tae over.

**************************************
"Sir, we received an offer to create art for a performing arts school that's launching a new branch in Gwangju. "Okay, what's the name of the school?" Tae asked, walking into his office and taking a seat. He had just arrived but it seems his secretary was happy about the offer as she had started updating him immediately after seeing him. "P&J performing arts school." His secretary said.

Tae wasn't sure if he had heard right. "You said P&J? As in the one run by Jung Hoseok and Park Jimin?" He asked. What the hell were they playing at? The last time they launched a performance school, they had left him out of preparations. Now, he has no relation with them, but they want him to prepare the decorative art?

"Yes, sir, those are the owners." His secretary, who was still clueless, confirmed. Well then, if they wanted to play,Tae was ready.

**************************************
Bye💜