♡Chapter 77♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

DJ and Poppy rushed in their home where they saw Danny, Joey, Jesse and Becky in the living room.

"Hey, great news everyone. Our school fundraiser tonight is completely sold out." DJ announced.

"Alright!" Becky cheered.

"That's great." The three men nod.

"All mine and DJ's friends are so psyched. We're gonna be in a real rock club instead of a sweaty gym." Poppy squealed in excitement.

"Well, the smash club is all yours. Just gotta get everyone out there by 9:00 because they have to bring in the mud wrestling pit." Jesse said.

"Oh, they got rid of the Jell-O." Joey whined in complaint.

"Deej, Poppy, we are also so proud of you both for putting this fundraiser together for your school newspaper." Danny warmly smiled. "Ah, Deej, it seems like only yesterday I was powdering your little tushy." Danny strokes DJ's hair.

"Dad!" DJ whined in embarrassment.

"And Poppy, it feels like just yesterday I was rocking you to sleep in my arms." Jesse smiled as he remembered. "You were a few months old, I was nearly 15."

Poppy gave her dad an annoyed look. "That was uncalled for." Poppy then looked over at the Gladstone man. "Now, Joey, you're gonna open the show by doing your comedy act."

"Poppy, I've totally adapted my Vegas act to the junior high school crowd." Joey nodded, clearing his throat. "So, this seventh grader comes up to me and says 'Hey, dude. Got any mousse' and I said 'Why, certainly. Is Bullwinkle okay?'" Joey acted out.

DJ and Poppy couldn't help but laugh at Joey's comedy.

Joey continued. "So, when I was in junior high I watched a lot of cartoons. Did you ever notice the cartoon characters could pretty much get a hold of dynamite whenever they needed it? And it wasn't the type of dynamite that would kill you. It just kinda made your rear end smoulder."

"Joey, that's great! Mine and Poppy's friends think you're hilarious." DJ complimented the comedian. "Now, Uncle Jesse, your band's gonna do a whole set, right?" DJ checked.

"Oh, yeah. We're gonna rip it up, tear it apart, party till the...parents come and pick you up." Jesse sheepishly smiled.

"Thanks guys." Poppy thanked them. "This is so cool."

DJ now looked up at her dad. "Oh, and dad, when you're up there introducing Jesse and Joey, keep it short. We wanna try and pack in as much entertainment as possible."

"I'll try not to get in the way of all the fun." Danny patted DJ and Poppy on their shoulders.

"Thanks." Poppy brightly smiled up at her Uncle Danny.