♡Chapter 88♡

{Poppy's outfit}

{Poppy's outfit}

Summer break was now over and the girls were going back to school. DJ and Poppy were starting high school, Stephanie was going into the fourth grade, and Michelle was starting kindergarten.

Poppy was sat at the kitchen table feeling very nervous about her first day of high school.

Becky walked into the kitchen and smiled when she noticed Poppy. Becky had gotten a big bump over the summer break and today she was going for her first baby scan. "Morning, kid." Becky smiled at her stepdaughter.

"Morning." Poppy smiled back. "Morning, baby." Poppy gently patted Becky's bump.

"Hey, you still wanna come with me and your dad to my first ever baby scan?" Becky checked.

"Of course." Poppy nodded. "This baby is gonna be my baby brother or my baby sister. I wanna come."

"Great, well, your dad and I will pick you up from school later and then we'll go straight to the appointment." Becky planned out.

"Got it." Poppy nodded.

The back door then opens and Kylie and Hayley walk in the house.

"Morning." Both Hayley and Kylie say.

"Hey." Poppy stood up and walked over to her best friends. "How are you guys feeling?"

"Worried." Hayley and Kylie both say.

"What about you?" Hayley inquires.

"I'm worried too." Poppy admitted.

"Girls, none of you have anything to worry about." Becky shook her head as she joined the conversation. "High school is great. You get more responsibilities and you can join many fun actives." Becky tried to cheer them up.

"Yeah, we also get more homework." Kylie complained.

Hayley gently placed her hand on Becky's bump. "It's crazy how big you've gotten!" Hayley gasps. "No offence." Hayley quickly adds on.

"None taken." Becky laughs.

"We better get to school. We don't wanna be late on our first day. That'll be embarrassing." Kylie reasonably said.

"That's true." Poppy hummed in agreement as she put her handbag over her shoulder. "Bye, Becky." Poppy waved to her stepmom. "Bye, baby." Poppy gently kissed the top of Becky's bump.