Before It All Began

Years ago, Lucifer was thrown from Heaven to live his Eternity in Hell. One by one, angels were fallen for their sins. Each one to faced their sins along side their fallen brother, Lucifer. Lucifer became the Devil, in all most everyone's eyes..... He's a truly vile creature. But, the crazy thing about Lucifer was.... He couldn't tell a single lie.

If he told you he was going to make your death excruciating... He meant it. So, when he told every vile and evil creature a certain someone has caught his eye. Everyone believed him because again, Lucifer couldn't lie. If it were Michael, his twin, that spoke those words.... It would have been one of many of his lies. Michael could never tell the truth even as an Angel, which is why he was sent down from Heaven for his sins.

For years, Lucifer chased down Ariel. It wasn't love at first sight in her eyes. She saw him as evil, cruel, and full of rage. She called him Satan for that very reason. Satan seemed to stick and everyone began referring to him as such. Finally, Ariel succumbed to Lucifer's charm which is still an unsolved mystery. In the end, the demon and vampire ruled Hell hand and hand. Along the way, Ariel became pregnant with their first child.

Their first hybrid child.

The soon to be ruler of Hell.

Lazarus Morningstar.

The same day Lazarus was born; a baby girl was sent down to her guardian's home by a stork. Where the unknown little girl came from is yet another mystery. A mystery that should never come to light. The guardian had a secret as well. One they fought for years to keep out of the light of everyone...: Including Ember.

As time passes, Lazarus is killing demons anytime they've tempted his temper. So far at the age of five, he's killed more than his child brain could count. His temper is explosive like his father's. At times, Ariel was afraid Lazarus would blow his younger siblings up for crying in the middle of the night. As he ages, his temper grows more and more. His explosive tempter grew beyond words could explain. The rage in his eyes increased with time. Some say he had a mental disorder. A hybrid with a disorder, that's unheard of.

Ember is the light of her guardian's eyes. Her smile since the day they have received her has become contagious. Her giggles have always filled the rooms within the walls of their home. Lightness shines through her pale gray eyes. Her smile always reached her eyes. As time went on, it was harder for her guardian to keep their secrets. One that could end everything they have known. With help from an Angel named Charity, she managed to conceal Ember's identity, birthmark, and her bright beautiful white feathery wings. Only way to break her magic is if Ember found her soulmate.

Her other half.

Ember isn't supposed to have a mate. But, fate had other plans. Plans that could wreck Charity's magic and bring what she is to the open. The thing is, Ember was slowly starting to figure out who and what she was by the time she was ten years old. Charity's magic began to slip quicker than anyone hoped for. 

Why?

Because Ember and Lazarus attended the same school for children their age.

One where she slams her unknown fated mate's head in their classroom's door.

That action put Ember on his radar. That is until Ember disappeared without a trace. Her disappearance some say caused Lazarus to completely lose his mind. Their first encounter was the only time Lazarus was calm. Some say he was smitten by her. If it had been anyone else, his temper would have gotten the best of them.

By law, all supernatural creatures had to attend their private academy at eighteen. Even if it went against her guardian and Charity's wishes.

Ember longed for true love; however, she didn't realize a devil with no heart awaits for her...

This devil's name happens to be Lazarus Morningstar.