Epilogue 2: Lazarus

People do things to protect loved ones. I'm no different. My decision is to protect Ember at times I feel like she knows something is up. Like she knows everyone around us knows something. I'm surprised they haven't let it slip out, but it's no surprise in a way because father put an order on everyone close to me.....

"Don't tell Ember the truth."

Witch friends can be a blessing or a curse. In my opinion right now, it's both. A blessing she's safe but a curse because I can't interact with her. I've watched for three years as she slowly heals herself. I've watched as she has taken classes on how to be a princess. How she's always digging into my ancestors. She'll make an excellent queen. I just hope when that time comes, I'll be by her side as king.

Ember's safety has always been my top concern. Doing what I'm doing is for her safety. I just hope I can make my appearance soon rather than later.

I watch as she calls for our dragons. I watch as Aura dances around. Ember doesn't know this, but I was there when Aura was born. I was right beside Kaida and Attor when Kaida was in labor. I was there the day Ember named Aura. I've been here watching Aura grow from this tiny little dragon to this beautiful creature. She truly is one unique dragon. How she came out this golden honey colored dragon is a mystery. Her parents are both black, one has a purple hue as the other has a red hue. Neither have any golden tones to them.

Maybe Aura is the purest dragon in Hell. Just like Ember is the purest soul here. A match made in hell it seems.

"Angel don't fly so close to me. I'll pull you down eventually. You don't want to lose those wings. People like me break beautiful things." Her voice is angelic as I fly beside Kaida.

"Angel, don't fly so close to me. I'm what you want and what you need. You don't want to lose those wings. People like me break beautiful things." Lily's voice sounds out behind us.

"Another day, another week. Another night I didn't sleep. I thought together we'd be better. Guess I should have known better. Seeing things I can't I see. I said things I can't repeat. Forget whatever you remember." Tali's voice is horrible as she butchers this song.

"It's rude to laugh Attor!" Tali shrieks.

"It's rude to butcher that song." Lily laughs out. This causes me to chuckle softly.

"No I don't need no conversation. One more moment wasted. We're moving on. Don't make this hard than it has to be. If you're really my...." Lily starts to sing again.

"Angel, don't fly so close to me. I'll pull you down eventually. You don't want to lose those wings. People like me break beautiful things. Angel, don't fly so close to me. I'm what you want and what you need. You don't want to lose those wings. People like me break beautiful things." I couldn't help myself but sing along.

"So be careful when you're on your way, on your way out. That you won't find your back into the dark, dark. And I'll, I'll pray for signs you're doing okay out there. And happy wherever you are." Both my sisters begin to sing. Lily's voice is perfect while Tali's is killing my brain cells.

"We weren't meant to last forever. Someone else will love you better. Baby, now it's time to let me go. Don't you know. Don't you know. I don't wanna let you down." Her voice cracks which fractures part of my soul.

"No I'll never be perfect. Never wanna see you hurting. You should go, you should go. Get away fast, a hundred on the dash now. Wish it didn't have to be this way." I softly sing as my voice cracks from watching her hurt.

"My Angel, don't fly so close to me. I'll pull you down eventually. You don't want to lose those wings. People like me break beautiful things. Angel, don't fly so close to me. I'm what you want and what you need. You don't want to lose those wings. People like me break beautiful things." The girls sing as well as myself. I doubt they'll be able to hear me.