Ch 12: War Continues On

Start writing your story

Kaida glides slower this time in the air. Her eyes are scanning every inch of our surroundings. As if she's fully on alert. 

Does she know something I don't? 

Can she see things that I can't? 

As we fly slower, I notice movement in the bushes below. Kaida's eyes flicker to it as it catches her attention as well. Carefully I pull out my crossbow. As I steady myself on the back of her, I place my arrow in correctly. I inhale deeply, as soon as I exhale; I let the arrow travel through the air. My arrow disappears within the thick bushes. Moments later, a witch falls from her hiding place. 

"Nice shot, Ember." Lily cheers.

Again, we start to see more movement within the brushes. Lily, Tali, and I get our arrows ready to launch. Kaida opens her mouth, ready to let her flames dance around the sky. In sychronized movements, Lily, Tali, and I let our arrows soar through the air. One by one, witches fall through the brushes. Without any warning, flames start to dance around the night sky; causing the sky to light up like the sun. We watch as bodies run from the burning bushes. Each person is on fire like the previous ones the time before. With a huff of her breath, the burning flames evaporate and ashes pollutes the air around us.

"Onward." Krin yells out.

Kaida flaps her wings quicker this time. We circle around the building as high speeds. Arrows and bullets spear through the sky and barely missing each of us. Just as we round the corner where Rhlox should be, we find him crouched down in a defense position behind the wooden fence line. Kaida points her head up which means we're going up higher. When she reaches the heights she's wanting; she levitates and scans the area around Rhlox. I follow her eyesight to see if I can see anything she's seeing. On the other side of the fence line, behind the trees, brush, and bushes are a least a hundred warriors ready to take Rhlox's head clean off his body. Rhlox can be seen checking his weapons.

Kaida roars a menacing growl. Flames dance in front of her as her anger begins to grow. She dips her head down low and again, we begin to descend quicker than earlier. Lily, Tali, and Krin get their arrows ready and without blinking all three let them fly through the night sky. I watch as their arrows penetrate three of the targets.

3 down 97 to go.

Kaida dips so low that she's level with the brush and tall bushes. With her razor sharp tail, she flicks it to the right. Like mowing a pasture, the thigh brush and brushes get cut down in size. Body parts are taking flight through the atmosphere.

6 more down, 91 to go.

Kaida belts out in celebration. Her belts sounds like she's laughing if you ask my opinion. Krin pulls out his kestrel.

When the hell did he get one of those?!

I observe as he aims his weapon and presses the trigger. The flash from his kestrel is bright and blinding. The rocket is quicker than any bullet I've seen. The trees start exploding once the rocket has disturbed their foundation. Body parts begin to travel through the air. I observe ten heads that hit the ground below.

10 more down, 81 let to go.

Tali pulls out her multi shooter crossbow. I watch as she loads up ten arrows. With excellent precision, her arrows take flight in the atmosphere. Each one taking down ten more targets. Each body falls from the thickened bushes. Each one has an arrow penetrated in their skulls. Each one is dead once they collide with the ground.

10 more down—- 71 more to go.

We're a quarter of a way through our enemies on this side. Which means, we're closer to get to Lazarus on the other side of the campus.

Krin descends further, I observe as he heads towards Rhlox. All that's left in the sky fighting is Lily, Tali, myself, and Kaida. Lily takes her shot. Her gun blasts off several bullets at once. I watch as they cut through the air and through the thicker brush in the back. Screams can be heard as they disappear from our sights.

'She hit twelve.' Kaida tells me.

12 down—- 59 more assholes to go.

I situate myself onto Kaida's back. With my sharp swords, Kaida gets closer to the bushes. In one quick swishing motion, my blade cuts through three bushes. Again, five bodies come crashing down to the earth's grounds.

5 dead—- 54 left.

Kaida takes her shot. Her paws hit the ground below and with each step, she trampled through the trees, brush, and bushes. Each step you can hear the bones of our enemies being crushed under her weight. From the crushing sound, I believe she's just killed 18 more women and men.

18 down, 41 left.

Kaida frolics around the grass. I've never seen a dragon prance around; so, I'm assuming she's doing her happy dance. Without any warning, Kaida takes flight once again. Soon, we're further away from our enemies. I watch as Rhlox, Krin, Lily, and Tali all begin to take aim and it hits me what Kaida was doing. She took flight to get us safely out of their aim. Several arrows rip through the air. All taking flight in different directions. Each one hitting any greenery in sight. Grunts, howls in pain, and yelling can be heard from the greenery. I observe several bodies meeting the Earth. Down below are 30 more dead bodies lying on the ground.

30 down, 11 more to go.

Now it's Kaida's time to shine once again. Flames flicker out of her mouth. I watch as the dancing flames connect with the greenery below. Bodies barrel out of the grasslands on fire. The remaining eleven are now dead before all our eyes. To make her statement known, Kaida's paws crash to the ground. Stomping on each flamed body. She takes flight once again with Rhlox, Krin, Lily, and Tali behind us.

Kaida roars her loudest growl I've heard all night from her. She takes a sharp left around the campus and heads towards where we heard Lazarus last. Bullets whiz again through the air as enemies take fire on us. We all dodge shots fired. Safely out of the cross fires of our enemy, we come to clearing and see Lazarus battling an even larger number than Rhlox.

How is Lazarus still standing?!

There's hundreds of people trying to kill him.

I watch as lightening and flames trickle out of Lazarus's hands. Each hitting a target. I watch from afar as Attor has a meal on the creatures below.

That explains how he's still standing.

Kaida roars in fury as she watches the events around us. Her roars catch our enemies attention to us now.

Oh lord Kaida!

What were you thinking?!