Ch 10: The War Around Us

Just as our teams split up, it was like chaos turned into thrashing explosion. Our team ends up getting separated by our enemies. It was like they knew where we would be, who would be in what team, and which person to go after first. But, who is attacking us is what shocked us the most. Some of our professors and upperclassman are fighting against us. Our spells Professor, Mr. Aerwyna comes at Lily with an energy blast.

"Lily!" I scream out as the ball of energy hits her in her left side.

Her fiery red hair swooshes in the air as she is launched through the air. Before any of us can run to her aid, more people come out of their hiding places. Some were concealed by an invisibility spell. They have caught us all by surprise. We wasn't expecting some of our trusted professors to be our enemies. They've watched us from their podiums every class. They had watched us grow daily. They were trusted and hid their ill intentions very well. None of us had suspected our beloved teachers to be the ones to betray all of us.

Our fighting professor is the next to strike. Mr. Ainsling moves with grace and speed as he collides his gigantic body against an unsuspecting Krin. Krin, isn't small by any means. He stands a few inches shorter than Lazarus but he's built more than his Prince. I watch in horror as Krin is uppercutted and his body soars into the ceiling above. Like a domino effect, they all come for each and every single one of us.

The werewolf professor, Lupus, transforms into a wolf-man creature. His Lycan triples his height and size. His razor sharp teeth glisten in the bright lights. His sharpened claws drip with blood from previous victims he had attacked earlier. He takes one step forward on his two legs and in one swift motion, he bites down on Tali's shoulder. Like a dog he shakes as Tali screams fill the corridor. In mid shake, he lets go and sends Tali in the air. Her body crashes against the brick wall. Her beautiful white blonde hair is now tainted with strands of red streaks.

Soon, an upperclassman who's a Faun, (male Fairy) is standing in front of Rhlox. I always thought fairies were these small Tinkerbelle creatures. No, they're normal sized human beings with pointy elf like ears. They have their fairy wings that everyone always thought they'd have. Just human sized wings like Lazarus and I. Arion flutters his black and green wings and shoots forward. Rhlox, unlike all of us who has been attacked, catches Arion by his left wing and hurls Arion across the corridor. Arion crashes through a marble pillar and into another corridor.

Within just seconds, it's just Lazarus and I. But, soon it'll just become just myself and one enemy. I watch in a blink of an eye as I watch betrayal dance in Lazarus's eyes. Standing before us is a demon-vampire hybrid.

One of his own.

Bronach flashes his sharp canines and his eyes turn fully red. His wicked evil wings sprout out of his back as he stares down his own Prince.

"Bronach!? Why!?" Lazarus mutters in revelation. My heart slowly breaks from his treachery. It's like Lazarus's face falls as he realizes one of his trusted warriors and friend was on the enemies side all along.

"You shouldn't be mated to an Angel. It's absurd. It's ridiculous Lazarus. It's the downfall of us. She'll change you into something that'll weaken us. If you would have rejected her and the bond, none of this would have happened. What gets me is you don't even want a damn mate but you still wouldn't reject her. Your children will be an embarrassment, an absolute abomination. If you would have fucking rejected her none of this would happen. As soon as you muttered mate, everyone's fates were signed, sealed, and delivered. I will not be underneath an abomination that you two create." He rants and raves.

"Reject my mate? I might not 'want' a mate or so you believe. I tried to hate her with all my beings to keep her safe. I knew as soon as she shown back up; this would happen. Reject my mate? Really? Get your head out of your ass Bronach, if you get to live to meet your mate; you'll learn how hard it is to reject your other half." Lazarus snaps in fury.